Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

On 26/03/2020 at 08:01, SpinningBoy said:

Do you know of any years 9-10 hopefuls from Hammond getting MDS from reserve list?! I have hope in bucket loads, but my patience can be measured in a thimble! 😂

I’ve only heard of year 7 and 8’s getting in from the reserve list, but that’s just my experience. I think they also have to replace like with like, as a lot depends on available boarding spaces, too.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/03/2020 at 10:44, Milzmam said:

No other schools for us, just Hammond. My dd has done summer school past 2 years and just loves the school. If she doesn't get to go now she will try again for year 12 upper school. Fingers crossed x

Oh @Milzmam my lad did summer school last year and Easter and loved it too

On 21/03/2020 at 11:55, tutugirl said:

Not all . My pupil has been awarded an MDS . Year 7 boy 

Could I possibly forward my daughters contact details on to you, she would just love to speak to someone who was going & your pupil is the only one we know of so far.  I think in these weird times & the fact they will be unlikely to have an induction day, this contact would be really good for them. 

As regards the reserve list, they rank all the children asked to funding finals in order, and then offer down the list as MDSs become available. Last year, if you asked, they told you whether you were very near the top (ie more likely to be awarded one) or further down the list, so that you could begin looking at other options. Places do become available every year because some lucky children get more than one offer and there’s a lot of shuffling on lists once all the schools have made their offers. 

1 hour ago, Farawaydancer said:

As regards the reserve list, they rank all the children asked to funding finals in order, and then offer down the list as MDSs become available. Last year, if you asked, they told you whether you were very near the top (ie more likely to be awarded one) or further down the list, so that you could begin looking at other options. Places do become available every year because some lucky children get more than one offer and there’s a lot of shuffling on lists once all the schools have made their offers. 

Thank you for this. This is a first time for us - and I am beginning to slightly kick myself that we didn't start the process 2 years ago. All info is very much appreciated and gratefully received. All the best.

5 minutes ago, SpinningBoy said:

Thank you for this. This is a first time for us - and I am beginning to slightly kick myself that we didn't start the process 2 years ago. All info is very much appreciated and gratefully received. All the best.

Same for us. First time and my dd trying for year 10 so last chance really otherwise she will need to wait for upper school. Fingers crossed for everyone and hopefully some movement on MDS or some info on bursaries soon xx

3 hours ago, Milzmam said:

Same for us. First time and my dd trying for year 10 so last chance really otherwise she will need to wait for upper school. Fingers crossed for everyone and hopefully some movement on MDS or some info on bursaries soon xx

Fingers crossed! It's hard waiting - especially in today's climate. The days are long. Looking for something to really look forward to. Stay safe.

On 25/03/2020 at 10:01, WrapsnBows said:

Unfortunately it’s all in the hands of tring and Elmhurst where we are on the waiting list ....... fingers crossed for every one xx   

Doesn't look like many people have posted about MDS at Elmhurst or Tring,  my hopes are definitely fading at this difficult time. Unfortunately everyone trying for funding this year will find it even more difficult due to current climate. Keeping our fingers crossed but the waiting is hard. Hope everyone in staying safe xx

Just now, Calea said:

@Milzmam - yes it is! 😄

That's amazing, your dd must be delighted. At least there is some movement. I'm still not that hopeful as my dd going into year 10 so I know she won't be near top of reserve list. Still hoping for a bursary though just more waiting xx

38 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

That's amazing, your dd must be delighted. At least there is some movement. I'm still not that hopeful as my dd going into year 10 so I know she won't be near top of reserve list. Still hoping for a bursary though just more waiting xx

@Milzmam - keeping my fingers crossed for you! 🙏😘

I wonder if they’ll let people know where they are on the list now that things have started to move ?

I have 2 on the reserve for MDS , but another of my pupils returns their MDS today due to accepting a different offer - so hopefully good news for someone soon 

8 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

I wonder if they’ll let people know where they are on the list now that things have started to move ?

I have 2 on the reserve for MDS , but another of my pupils returns their MDS today due to accepting a different offer - so hopefully good news for someone soon 

@tutugirl - we didn't know where we were on the wait list until we received the email last night offering the MDS and it said where we were on the list!  As far as I was aware unless you hear from them before the acceptance / decline deadline of 17th April then they won't answer the question of where you are on this list!!!  Hope this helps?

Wishing everyone the best of luck and hope you get the news you want!  We have one very happy and excited DD!

#staysafe

On 21/03/2020 at 12:05, WrapsnBows said:

Yes all boys on that day looks like reserved list as my lad knew the other two lads and they are reserves too, fingers crossed though I suppose we won’t get any more info till after the 17th April as tring and Elmhurst auditions were this week for lower school, so depending on them and who has been given a place at RBS so hopefully there will be some movement over the next few weeks 

I haven't checked this feed for a couple of days and it looks like the reserve list is going down! Any news from the boys from that last audition @WrapsnBows? Woke up at 3am worrying about it - and there's plenty to be worrying about at the moment as it is! Wishing you all the best. And @Milzmam and everyone else waiting! Congratulations @CaleaLooking forward to hearing more good news stories. Stay safe x

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SpinningBoy said:

I haven't checked this feed for a couple of days and it looks like the reserve list is going down! Any news from the boys from that last audition @WrapsnBows? Woke up at 3am worrying about it - and there's plenty to be worrying about at the moment as it is! Wishing you all the best. And @Milzmam and everyone else waiting! Congratulations @CaleaLooking forward to hearing more good news stories. Stay safe x

Not at the moment I’ve seen a few posts of acceptance for all 4 schools but not if they are returning MDS and my DS spoke to the other Lads yesterday and nothing was said ....... this is really breaking the wine on a school night rule oh well just one more day each day of waiting lol.  
fingers crossed that the lists will start to move over the next few days x

1 hour ago, SpinningBoy said:

Thanks @SpinningBoy, fingers crossed for you, the waiting is definitely the hardest part, especially during these long days at home x

Congratulations those who have had an MDS become available!! 💗 What lovely news during these times.

Am I right in thinking it's not a case of waiting untill after the 17th as stated in the email, they will be giving them out as and when they become available? 

Hello, we went through this last easter so hopefully I can share our experience and it might help. Yes, @Dancemum1 you are right- it was certainly the case last year that as MDS awards were ‘handed back’ due to multiple offers, new MDS offers were made to people on the reserve list. Almost all the MDS awards that were available last year (and it was a small number last year) were handed out by the end of the time frame.  The discussion ‘opens’ for bursaries after the 2 weeks, (the 17th in this case) and depending on parents incomes, info you will have already given on the forms, funding offers will be made. It’s a real rollercoaster, but hang in there, the school were really helpful when you start to have those conversations. Wishing you all so much luck xx

Thanks @Mrs Butterfly really appreciate the insight as we've not been through any of this before. Financially I doubt we'd be able to do anything without an MDS so it may be the end of DD dream. They've so far not asked us for any financial information, is that normally after the the time frame given? 

So far we've found communication lacking but I'm wandering if this is due to the current climate?

Edited by Dancemum1

No problem at all @Dancemum1, I really feel for you all, and remember all the feelings from last years journey. No one can actually prepare you for how emotional or stressful it really is! Last year we had to fill out lots of forms, including the financial forms at the point of registering at the school- and paying for the MDS recall audition (if memory serves me correctly). So all our financial info was known at the point of bursary discussions. Hope that helps- they may be doing things differently as it’s all new staff since this time last year. Stay safe everyone xx

Hmmmm - I have the impression that the reserve list is mostly year 7 top heavy. I can totally understand that as they do say MDS mostly available for the year 7 starters. 

Unfortunately I am getting realistic about not seeing a space come available in year 9. Still, fingers remain crossed and we'll see what happens after the 17th. In the meantime - do post if you receive good news. It's always good to hear dreams coming true. Stay safe x

Hi just seen this thread and 3 years ago we was in same situation , reserve list for year 9 . Three weeks before term started we got a call offering my dd MDS , hang in there guys it does happen and if it doesn’t remember it’s not a no just just a not yet . Keep following your dreams x 

• Like 1