Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Frappé said:

When I attended the audition on 2 March, I thought I heard the Principal say that there are 13 MDS available but these would be allocated to years 7, 8 and 9.  Did I hear correctly? I am a little deaf lol!

I thought MDS could be allocated to anyone from year 7 to 10, although assume most will go to year 7. What year are you trying for? 

On 05/02/2020 at 11:17, Peanut68 said:

Surely - unless accepting a place regardless of wether offered any funding or not (I hate to hear of people remortgaging houses or grandparents cashing in pensions to pay - but it does happen...) then that registration fee is not payable before attending audition? Is the letter inviting to funding audition also a guaranteed offer of a place to join school if one can fund another way? Imagine if there are up to the mentioned 52 at a lower school funding audition day & they all accepted places with or without funding? I doubt the lower school across the year groups could take in such a large new cohort yet if they’ve taken your money by way of a non refundable registration fee then my layman understanding would be that they have entered into a contract with the payer. 
So if this Registration fee is requested upfront then I personally would want very clear written explanation of what it is & the refund status. 
I am sure all can be resolved....

To my knowledge there are no additional charges for attending funding auditions elsewhere....

(there may occasionally be requests for  separate medical/physio assessments/certificates of fitness etc which could incur a private practitioner charge or letter fee - but that I would expect would be payable to practitioner not a school)

Good luck to all.... this admin stuff is the added irritation we parents have to put up with sadly!

Hope all get happy training & schooling outcomes long term!

I thought we only paid £160 if we were accepting the place which we wouldn’t know until the result of the MDA ? I’m I wrong with this . I returned all information but not paid the fee as accepting the place will depend of MDA outcome 

25 minutes ago, Shelly123 said:

I thought we only paid £160 if we were accepting the place which we wouldn’t know until the result of the MDA ? I’m I wrong with this . I returned all information but not paid the fee as accepting the place will depend of MDA outcome 

I did the same last year and was chased for the money.  Was told that we couldn’t attend funding audition if didn’t pay it. 

Agree!  We were in same situation and I advised we wouldn’t be accepting place without MDS too :(  May have changed this year though so worth checking ?

7 hours ago, Shelly123 said:

They haven’t chased me as yet for the money . I’ll pay tomorrow. There information is so confusing as it reads to me that you are accepting the place which without the MDA I’m not x

5 minutes ago, Betty’s mum said:

Had this from The Hammond today.

Dear Parents

Due to the current situation, we are reviewing our MDS and DaDA recall days.

We will be in touch with you as soon as we have a confirmed decision.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Thanks, I havent had anything from them.  I wonder what they will do if they cant go ahead??

44 minutes ago, Betty’s mum said:

@Caleathank you & fingers crossed you get a place, Betty was convinced your DD would xx

@Betty’s mum - thank you - might have been the singing that let her down! 😂 let’s hope someone declines! 🙏  they said we have to wait until after 17/04/20 before they will know!

1 hour ago, Miss Tutu said:

Congratulations will you be accepting ? 

@Miss Tutu Oh yes most definitely, she just loves the place.

@Calea I am sure some people will turn down through offers elsewhere, I presume it will be a few days for results from Tring  & Elmhurst come out, that is when people can decide I suppose. We are lucky it is our closest school so very happy. Fingers crossed 🤞 you hear good news soon. 

Edited by Betty’s mum
  • Like 2