Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Dancemum1 said:

Congratulations to those with MDS awards, were still waiting on news for year 7 from Feb audition, is anyone else?

We are still waiting on year 10, we were at November audition. The wait is killing me now that I know other people have heard!!

Hopefully we will hear today

2 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:

Checking emails constantly sod the virus 🤣🤣🤣 well done everybody so far and fingers crossed for the others xx

I know, refreshing them every 2 seconds🤣🤣 I am such an impatient person, haha

Hopefully we dont have to wait too long xx

Hi everyone, sending you all lots of positive thoughts, I remember this waiting process and it’s so hard. Just letting you know (to help with the anxious wait) that school is crazy busy today setting up online learning, Y11 exams, and all the other stuff the school closure today is bringing. Only sharing as we are getting lots of e mails at the moment re arrangements, so it may be the case that MDS e mails come after that- hope that helps in some way xxx and good luck to everyone! My daughter is in Y7 and loves the school, she is devastated that she might miss the rest of the dancing year xx

3 minutes ago, Mrs Butterfly said:

Hi everyone, sending you all lots of positive thoughts, I remember this waiting process and it’s so hard. Just letting you know (to help with the anxious wait) that school is crazy busy today setting up online learning, Y11 exams, and all the other stuff the school closure today is bringing. Only sharing as we are getting lots of e mails at the moment re arrangements, so it may be the case that MDS e mails come after that- hope that helps in some way xxx and good luck to everyone! My daughter is in Y7 and loves the school, she is devastated that she might miss the rest of the dancing year xx

Thanks @Mrs Butterfly

27 minutes ago, Mrs Butterfly said:

Yes my DD was sent home on Tues and she’s receiving emails constantly theve even set up online ‘team’ system for distance learning she’s gutted as their play / assessment will be cancelled 😢 she was so stressed when she came home the other day with What ifs   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpinningBoy said:

Hello! My son is on the reserve list too (looking for a year 9 place). Just wondering if ALL the children who were asked for call backs have been put on the reserve list? 

Not all I think as my DD was lucky enough to get a yes.... good luck to all waiting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

Was it your DS at the last audition?

Yes - we were at the last audition! Were you there too?! Would be very interested to know if they delivered any no’s as the children haven’t had the opportunity to audition again - I am assuming a looooong reserve list. Would very much love this opportunity for DS.

Sorry - I think I’ve got my message confused - realise the MDS places have all been allocated and they’re waiting for people to confirm  - just wondered if the remaining children who were on the call back list are all on the reserve list or if some got a no thank you. Just trying to ascertain how long the reserve list is. 😬

2 minutes ago, SpinningBoy said:

Yes - we were at the last audition! Were you there too?! Would be very interested to know if they delivered any no’s as the children haven’t had the opportunity to audition again - I am assuming a looooong reserve list. Would very much love this opportunity for DS.

Yes all boys on that day looks like reserved list as my lad knew the other two lads and they are reserves too, fingers crossed though I suppose we won’t get any more info till after the 17th April as tring and Elmhurst auditions were this week for lower school, so depending on them and who has been given a place at RBS so hopefully there will be some movement over the next few weeks 

On 19/03/2020 at 22:52, Betty’s mum said:

@Miss Tutu Oh yes most definitely, she just loves the place.

@Calea I am sure some people will turn down through offers elsewhere, I presume it will be a few days for results from Tring  & Elmhurst come out, that is when people can decide I suppose. We are lucky it is our closest school so very happy. Fingers crossed 🤞 you hear good news soon. 

Its a fabulous school its my daughters first choice too  x

• Like 1

On 21/03/2020 at 12:37, Miss Tutu said:

Its a fabulous school its my daughters first choice too  x

Yes its my daughter first choice to unfortunately we are on the waiting list 😪  congratulations to everyone who got the MDA xx

Edited by Miss Tutu

44 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

I wonder how many MDS have been awarded and how many on reserve list. We would have had an idea how many people had been offered if we had been there today but now we have no idea! 

Unfortunately it’s all in the hands of tring and Elmhurst where we are on the waiting list ....... fingers crossed for every one xx   

21 hours ago, margarite said:

I know that in 2018 around five or six of DD’s classmates got an MDS off the reserve list for year 7 as others accepted places elsewhere. Hang in there 🤞🏻

Do you know of any years 9-10 hopefuls from Hammond getting MDS from reserve list?! I have hope in bucket loads, but my patience can be measured in a thimble! 😂

1 hour ago, SpinningBoy said:

Do you know of any years 9-10 hopefuls from Hammond getting MDS from reserve list?! I have hope in bucket loads, but my patience can be measured in a thimble! 😂

I know how you feel, I am exactly the same. My dd is trying for funding for year 10.

46 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

I know how you feel, I am exactly the same. My dd is trying for funding for year 10.

good luck @Milzmam Are you looking at any other schools? My son is looking for a year 9 place at Hammond only. We'll see what happens after 17 April. It's difficult to have anything to look forward to at the moment. The days are very looooooong!

On 21/03/2020 at 12:05, WrapsnBows said:

Yes all boys on that day looks like reserved list as my lad knew the other two lads and they are reserves too, fingers crossed though I suppose we won’t get any more info till after the 17th April as tring and Elmhurst auditions were this week for lower school, so depending on them and who has been given a place at RBS so hopefully there will be some movement over the next few weeks 

Looks like Tring have released their MDS. Let the movement commence! Good luck with getting a spot. x

22 minutes ago, SpinningBoy said:

good luck @Milzmam Are you looking at any other schools? My son is looking for a year 9 place at Hammond only. We'll see what happens after 17 April. It's difficult to have anything to look forward to at the moment. The days are very looooooong!

No other schools for us, just Hammond. My dd has done summer school past 2 years and just loves the school. If she doesn't get to go now she will try again for year 12 upper school. Fingers crossed x