RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

Just now, Leo88 said:

Waiting for London results for a year 6 Manchester place... Does anyone know which day 28th May was for London (I.e 1,2,3,4? Please) xx

I believe it was the 1st London day. Our DD was in group 3 at 1:15 on the 28th May and we are waiting to hear about a Y6 London place.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Catlynn said:

I believe it was the 1st London day. Our DD was in group 3 at 1:15 on the 28th May and we are waiting to hear about a Y6 London place.

Thank you ☺️ And good luck to your DD 🤞 my DD was group 4, auditioned in London for a Manchester place as she had appendicitis and missed her Manchester audition as she had just had surgery. She was just so happy to go to London and make the audition, it was a wonderful experience. Hope your little one enjoyed her day too xx

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Leo88 said:

Thank you ☺️ And good luck to your DD 🤞 my DD was group 4, auditioned in London for a Manchester place as she had appendicitis and missed her Manchester audition as she had just had surgery. She was just so happy to go to London and make the audition, it was a wonderful experience. Hope your little one enjoyed her day too xx

Wow....now that’s what I call determination! I’m glad she was able to make the audition. Thank you and good luck to your DD as well. Now we wait, nervously and with hope! 😅🤞

• Like 2

Can't quite believe I'm writing this but DD just got a Yes for Eastleigh Year 6.....

Guess I'm posting this because I want to say if you get a No,  just keep going....we had a No last year.

It's also weird when you get actually get the Yes when you're so completely braced for a no.....it doesn't really sink in...3 hours after reading email and telling DD, I'm still a bit glazed and can't quite bring myself to tell the world yet...

Good luck people. What a journey!

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Can't quite believe I'm writing this but DD just got a Yes for Eastleigh Year 6.....

Guess I'm posting this because I want to say if you get a No,  just keep going....we had a No last year.

It's also weird when you get actually get the Yes when you're so completely braced for a no.....it doesn't really sink in...3 hours after reading email and telling DD, I'm still a bit glazed and can't quite bring myself to tell the world yet...

Fantastic news, well done to your DD xx

5 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Congratulations that is wonderful news! Now go tell the world you must be thrilled 🤗 

• Like 3

Hope Leeds results come out tomorrow and good luck @Luna @SJBallet @tutugirl

Wow that is amazing about 5 of yours getting into EYB @tutugirl !!! I would love to know more about EYB but can't find the info on the website. Does it clash with Saturday associate classes? Is it every week or just a few classes before the show?

Fingers crossed Bath will be this week @Balletcat800 and @Daintydancer  🤞🤞🤞 We had registration at 10.30 so must have been in the group after you. There must have been so many applicants if it was only kids younger than May in the last group! My DD is last week of August and there were 2 younger than her! (They were in age order and she was 2 from the end).

Good luck everyone still waiting!!! xx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spamcat said:

Hope Leeds results come out tomorrow and good luck @Luna @SJBallet @tutugirl

Wow that is amazing about 5 of yours getting into EYB @tutugirl !!! I would love to know more about EYB but can't find the info on the website. Does it clash with Saturday associate classes? Is it every week or just a few classes before the show?

Fingers crossed Bath will be this week @Balletcat800 and @Daintydancer  🤞🤞🤞 We had registration at 10.30 so must have been in the group after you. There must have been so many applicants if it was only kids younger than May in the last group! My DD is last week of August and there were 2 younger than her! (They were in age order and she was 2 from the end).

Good luck everyone still waiting!!! xx

My daughter is 8, 9 in November, so a fairly oldish year 3, but in group 1. I wonder why she was before yours 🤔

12 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

That's wonderful that you got a yes a year after a no! Really positive for anyone getting a 'not yet' this year. Massive congratulations to your DD!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Congratulations to your DD it's lovely to hear that if you do receive a  no one year you could receive a yes on a subsequent try.  I bet you and your daughter are over the the moon with your news.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Balletcat800 said:

My daughter is 8, 9 in November, so a fairly oldish year 3, but in group 1. I wonder why she was before yours 🤔

They were in age order oldest to youngest so my DD who is not 8 until August was in the last group 2nd from the end. (She was something like number 46 I think and 48 was youngest.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matilda said:

Many many congratulations to everyone who got a yes and those who got a no - keep your chin up - your still stars! 

What is the email addesss / name of the person who you get the results from  ? 

it's a weird no reply address but it shows us as Liz Thorrington in my inbox. Maybe I've added her from years ago when I first called to ask if we could go to an Insight day even if we had no intention of ever applying....little did I know here i'd be two auditions in..

1 minute ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

it's a weird no reply address but it shows us as Liz Thorrington in my inbox. Maybe I've added her from years ago when I first called to ask if we could go to an Insight day even if we had no intention of ever applying....little did I know here i'd be two auditions in..

I think she is the lady who invites you to the audition ? 

She is in my inbox for invitation ! I’m wishing for a year 5 London place ! 

24 minutes ago, Matilda said:

I think she is the lady who invites you to the audition ? 

She is in my inbox for invitation ! I’m wishing for a year 5 London place ! 

yes, all those emails seem to come from her but when i click on her email address it says a no reply one. Pretty sure i spoke to her on the phone once i.e. she is real. Good luck! have you auditioned previously?

No never auditioned before - my DD dances for the Sussex youth ballet and danced with EYB last year and got their reward - she wanted to audition so we went to the tester day and then the main audition - we want year 5 London 

22 minutes ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

yes, all those emails seem to come from her but when i click on her email address it says a no reply one. Pretty sure i spoke to her on the phone once i.e. she is real. Good luck! have you auditioned previously?

Yes she is definitely real, I met her at last year’s audition. It’s probably no reply so they don’t get emails from 1200 parents wanting to know why their child has not been selected, or why they don’t have their results yet, etc etc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tutugirl said:

SJ Ballet .

thank you - mine was number 33 .

red leotard !!!

How strange! I was number 33 when I got the scholarship for EYB too, and I wore a red-purple leotard 😄

What an achievement for all the pupils, they must all be so happy and you so proud x

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Congratulations on all of the Eastleigh yeses and SWL results today! @balletboy8 and @CrazyDanceMum Fantastic news!!!

Getting closer to Bath, maybe tomorrow but we have Leeds to come first.

@Daintydancer are you going for year 4? We were in group 2 on 23rd. My DD is an August birthday.

Thank you. Still in shock. Hopefully more results out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still waiting x

10 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

That's great new congratulations and well done 😁

2 hours ago, Taxidriver said:

Anyone on here who did day 2 at bath? Just wondering if they did all age groups over both days?

Yes we were Bath day 2. We were in group 2 yr 4. A friend of ours was also 2nd day group 1, she is a young yr 5 so it sounds like yr 6 and older yr5s would have been 1st day. 

4 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Yes we were Bath day 2. We were in group 2 yr 4. A friend of ours was also 2nd day group 1, she is a young yr 5 so it sounds like yr 6 and older yr5s would have been 1st day. 

Ahhh that makes sense, thank you. My DD was towards the very end of her group as she's younger and the next group afterwards I know had older ones for year 5 places so I wonder if there was only one group for year 6 places maybe....who knows eh! Good luck everyone :)