AllAboutTheJourney

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Hope Leeds results come out tomorrow and good luck @Luna @SJBallet @tutugirl

Wow that is amazing about 5 of yours getting into EYB @tutugirl !!! I would love to know more about EYB but can't find the info on the website. Does it clash with Saturday associate classes? Is it every week or just a few classes before the show?

Fingers crossed Bath will be this week @Balletcat800 and @Daintydancer  🤞🤞🤞 We had registration at 10.30 so must have been in the group after you. There must have been so many applicants if it was only kids younger than May in the last group! My DD is last week of August and there were 2 younger than her! (They were in age order and she was 2 from the end).

Good luck everyone still waiting!!! xx

My girl was no. 3 so most of her group must have been younger 

2 hours ago, SJBallet said:

I’m now trying to decide whether to take the afternoon off and pick her up from school!

My hubby was off to work on lates when we got our DS yes for Newcastle and wouldn't see our son until the next day so we went to school and told him! His school were  excited for us to tell him. Great for them to see how proud everyone is of their achievement 🙌

• Like 4

Result just came through and its a No for us too, we don't mind though because she has already accepted a place at Elmhurst and has her heart set on going there, a yes would have given us a very difficult decision to make! We will try for Birmingham next year. Oh my goodness I am glad that torture is over!! 😂

Good luck to everyone still waiting! xx

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Taxidriver said:

Just had bath year 6 result and it's a no as expected

I’m so sorry to hear that. I think we will be in the same boat when London comes out but DD has already said she wants to go for MA. x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balletcat800 said:

Also a no for us for bath. But totally expected and really enjoyed the whole process. Now pinning all hopes on bbo Scholars results. 🤞🤞

Good luck for all those still waiting xx

Sorry for your no. Bath was such a long shot this year, so many applicants for a handful of places. Good luck on your scholars result. Xx

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Result just came through and its a No for us too, we don't mind though because she has already accepted a place at Elmhurst and has her heart set on going there, a yes would have given us a very difficult decision to make! We will try for Birmingham next year. Oh my goodness I am glad that torture is over!! 😂

Good luck to everyone still waiting! xx

Sounds like a great opportunity with Elmhurst. Not quite the same but DS is a good (FIG) gymnast and difficult decisions had to be made. By definition, not easy 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SereiaAES said:

That is so exciting, let us know how it goes! Huge congratulations x

It was lovely. I put the news in a card congratulating her for EYB and adding that it was also for JAs. She looked at me and cried 😍. She is very excited and I’m still reading the email constantly to check I’ve got it right! X

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

It was lovely. I put the news in a card congratulating her for EYB and adding that it was also for JAs. She looked at me and cried 😍. She is very excited and I’m still reading the email constantly to check I’ve got it right! X

Wonderful, what a great couple of days for you and her! X

22 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Does anyone know what time the Year 4 class is, I’m now fretting it’ll clash with EYB and hoping not 😁 x

Leeds year 4/5 is 12.15 to 2.30 next year. They have been the first class in the morning but we will be changing from September so the year 6 class is going to be the 9.30am now instead of the yr 4/5. There was me thinking I would finally get to the year of lie ins, and the RBS powers that be, change their mind 😂

Edited by sunrise81

20 hours ago, Mummy2BalletFairies said:

Can't quite believe I'm writing this but DD just got a Yes for Eastleigh Year 6.....

Guess I'm posting this because I want to say if you get a No,  just keep going....we had a No last year.

It's also weird when you get actually get the Yes when you're so completely braced for a no.....it doesn't really sink in...3 hours after reading email and telling DD, I'm still a bit glazed and can't quite bring myself to tell the world yet...

Good luck people. What a journey!

Well done to you did! We’re on the SWL for Eastleigh Y6 - after a no last year! Fingers crossed we’ll get another email!  🙏

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Astrid said:

@Spamcat just came and logged on to see if you had heard anything! Oh so sorry to hear your no, but me and DD are  (selfishly) happy to hear you will be at elmhurst! can’t wait 🙃 they can both re apply together next year 😂 

Awww thank you! I believed her future was at Elmhurst as soon as we walked in there and I was right! Really looking forward to September now. ❤️

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

Does anyone think London will be tomorrow with Totnes, Friday  or next week? I’m starting to feel very anxious and torn between wanting to know and not wanting to know 😂😥🤢

I am hoping Totnes tomorrow morning and then London late afternoon ? 

• Like 1

2 more Bath results, my DDs 2 friends (a yr5 girl and a yr4 boy) who applied also got a no. Bath has not been very kind to the forum this year! Is there a single Bath yes?

I hope the rest of the results come out this week so everyone knows where they are! Good luck all still waiting. xx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicolaP17 said:

I am hoping Totnes tomorrow morning and then London late afternoon ? 

Possibly? I know last week there weren’t any on Friday but I’m not sure if that was a one off because of their summer fair. I’m thinking if not tomorrow, it won’t be until Tuesday. 

• Like 1