RBS Junior Associates 2019

AllAboutTheJourney

40 minutes ago, TheDanceDad said:

All being well......Totnes and London 1 today !!

Let the nerves and refreshing begin!

Good luck all 

I certainly hope we get some results today. I’m starting lose sleep (similar to when I can’t sleep because of DD’s RAD exam music going round in my head days before the exam 😂) and I’m out in London tomorrow on a date day with my husband and really don’t want to spend the day refreshing my phone! 😅

Good luck everyone! 🤞

• Like 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know nothing about the SWL.

Has anyone ever had luck finding out their DC’s position on the waiting list (chances)?

How really short is that list?

I’ve heard anecdotes of people getting places off the list, but no one I personally know.  

I’ve already responded “yes please” to the list, but have no idea of the chances.

I’m heartbroken for DD who who thinks “she’s kind of in and it’s just a matter of time now”.

I can’t tell her that she’s wrong or that she’s right... and she’s too small to understand. 

We know two who got a call offering a place within 10days of getting SWL a couple of years ago.  They put a less popular second centre as an option when accepting their SWL place and got it. we got SWL, did the same, and didn’t get anything last year then a yes this year though... so it’s never hopeless! It is much better for us to have the first choice centre this year, the second choice would have been such hard work to get to. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

I certainly hope we get some results today. I’m starting lose sleep (similar to when I can’t sleep because of DD’s RAD exam music going round in my head days before the exam 😂) and I’m out in London tomorrow on a date day with my husband and really don’t want to spend the day refreshing my phone! 😅

Good luck everyone! 🤞

Similar here. Exam is tomorrow. Would be good to know irrespective of outcome. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Loueeze said:

Does anyone else keep getting their DS or DD to show them their ‘frog’ or ‘V from the knees’ whilst lying in their knees to see turnout? 😂 

I did for a while after the audition and stopped when I thought DS wasn't great at it and so I wanted to pretend he would have done it better on the day 😕

• Like 1

Ok this is me into slightly obsessive territory here but please forgive me, it's a long wait for London Day 4 Group 4...! 😂

In the reverse frog thing - when the lie on their tummies with knees together and let their feet hang out to the sides - how far ideally should their legs be coming down - does anyone know?!

DD can lie on her back with her legs falling out to the side and her knees are pretty much on the floor, she can also lie on her tummy with her legs splayed out like a frog and keep her body all flat and on the floor, but i just don't quite get the reverse frog thing. 

Should their feet be hanging down at a certain angle?

Sorry - I premise I really am quite normal and chilled out in real life... 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Waverley said:

Ok this is me into slightly obsessive territory here but please forgive me, it's a long wait for London Day 4 Group 4...! 😂

In the reverse frog thing - when the lie on their tummies with knees together and let their feet hang out to the sides - how far ideally should their legs be coming down - does anyone know?!

DD can lie on her back with her legs falling out to the side and her knees are pretty much on the floor, she can also lie on her tummy with her legs splayed out like a frog and keep her body all flat and on the floor, but i just don't quite get the reverse frog thing. 

This one really confused me as well! I’m still trying to figure it out. DD had never done this before and when she showed me what it was I was (and still am) fairly convinced she was doing it wrong. 

• Like 2

No expert here and I’m sure some qualified person will answer better but I think it’s to check turn in? As opposed to turn out. So this one gives an overall picture of hip rotation in both directions. This is just a guess though, happy to be corrected!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I don’t know the other way but I know in normal frog (lying on tummy with knees out to side and legs hanging down) that my DD is definitely not flat to the floor and she got in so it’s not a deal breaker. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

And importantly, congrats to those with a yes and swl and also to those with a not yet- Keep trying! Things can easily change in a years time. 

Hope the wait is over soon for the those still awaiting results, it must be agony! Fingers crossed for you all! 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Aklf said:

No expert here and I’m sure some qualified person will answer better but I think it’s to check turn in? As opposed to turn out. So this one gives an overall picture of hip rotation in both directions. This is just a guess though, happy to be corrected!

This gives a vague indication of hip rotation but the only way to get a correct measurement is from a physiotherapist.

4 minutes ago, Sally-Anne said:

Ok London 1 hopefully soon good luck @Catlynn and any other London1 (and us) 🤞🏻

Thank you Sally-Anne and good luck to you and others waiting for London! After spending the morning delivering leaflets for our village fair, I’m now back at home and the nerves have kicked in. I just want this wait to be over, no matter what the result. Is it too early for a tequila shot to calm the nerves? 😂😂🤢

Edited by Catlynn
Add text
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ExpatB said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I know nothing about the SWL.

Has anyone ever had luck finding out their DC’s position on the waiting list (chances)?

How really short is that list?

I’ve heard anecdotes of people getting places off the list, but no one I personally know.  

I’ve already responded “yes please” to the list, but have no idea of the chances.

I’m heartbroken for DD who who thinks “she’s kind of in and it’s just a matter of time now”.

I can’t tell her that she’s wrong or that she’s right... and she’s too small to understand. 

We got SWL too - it's still fabulous, well done! ... a couple of lovelies on here, gave me feedback of children they knew who had been placed from the list.  However, I am also aware of many who have been on the SWL more than once, and never had a call / email.  I don't think anyone knows the chances of getting off the SWL but stay positive, you just never know 🙂 xxx

Edited by NotaClue
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Catlynn said:

Thank you Sally-Anne and good luck to you and others waiting for London! After spending the morning delivering leaflets for our village fair, I’m now back at home and the nerves have kicked in. I just want this wait to be over, no matter what the result. Is it too early for a tequila shot to calm the nerves? 😂😂🤢

Yes it is too early for tequila, unless you are still out from the night before 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrsR said:

That's Dundee out.

A yes for us :) Cannot believe it!!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and hugs for the not yet's

Wow, Amazing news! Well done to your LO. Did you audition in Dundee? Just wondering why results have come out before London? 😬🤣☺️ Xx

23 minutes ago, Leo88 said:

I feel sick 🤢 my nerves can’t take it 🤣

Nor can mine, I can’t eat my lunch🙈 I think it’s safe to assume London won’t be today now as they’ve already done two venues in one day😩

Edited by SereiaAES
  • Like 2