How to tell that you are spending too much time on this forum....

Pups_mum

1) You refer to your child as DD in the real world.

2) You wish someone good luck in their audition when they are a middle aged man going for an interview for a new job.

3) You spend 5 minutes wondering where the " like" button has gone before remembering that your work email system doesn't have such a thing.

Yes, I have done all of these things in the last 48 hours....please tell me I am not alone...

• Like 23

You (as in..me) cultivate an expression of expertise when anyone starts chatting to you about ballet...you never divulge your source..you just look..owlish.

Then you scuttle back on here very quickly to ask a billion questions to people who ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT and LAUGH AT YOU but enable you to maintain a tenous but mysteriously plausible air of balletic know-how you really cannot justify.

• Like 12

You check out the forum on your portable device in bed, just before turning the lights off at night. Oh yes...guilty as charged!!

Glad to know you are at least in bed when you do your late-night prowls, Sim!  I can't get a signal in my bedroom most of the time ...

• Like 4

But its so much more.....sometimes its nice to feel part of an elite group! Having been thought of all my life as "a bit geeky", "square, you're always at dancing and miss all the "cool" parties" and a goody two shoes..... "stop being such a perfectionist, you make the rest of us look bad" its nice to find like minded people who think its ok to allow your DD to go to ballet even when she has a horrible cold because she says "but I need to go, I'll die without it!" because you know it will make her feel so much better that just being miserable at home!

Thank you my virtual friends!

• Like 10

When your partner takes to hiding your iPad because of time spent on it .........75 percent of it on the forum or following up forum related info/videos etc.

I'm in bed at the mo but away from home and thought I'd have just a quick last look at the forum and then saw this thread!!

Also when you check the forum before checking your emails in the Mornings!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

You start using the term 'car to barre' in context.

Dd opens car window and tips out half a bottle of water onto the road as I prepare to drive off to ballet class...

Piccolo: Wouldn't it be easier to just bring home what you don't drink?!

Dd: Wouldn't it be easier just to carry a lighter load?!

Piccolo: Well you've only got to carry it from car to barre!?!

• Like 8

Aah, thank you. He's been gone almost 4 years now but was a beautiful and incredibly special dog. We were blessed to have him for 15 years.

I could change my avatar to our Mini Schnauzer but he has such a deadpan face. You know the penguin - Feathers Mcgraw - from Wallace and Gromit's "The Wrong Trousers"? Well imagine that stare but with fur and a beard. He's very funny but his photo might put people off hence I keep my darling old laughing Collie. :-)

• Like 6