Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck everyone, Do you think they are deciding today, hopefully before Easter? dd is insisting she open hers herself and she's in school this week! So going to have the envelope staring at me all day when it arrives, don't like opening her results letters anyway so glad X

• Like 1

Yes amos73, the letter from elmhurst arrived on Wednesday 25th March last year. I've still kept it even though my dd did not end up going to this particular school I was still so proud of her gaining a place. I really loved the school.

Edited by Twoballerinas0004
  • Like 1

Wishing all of those waiting for Elmhurst results good luck.

Just wanted to share a bit of news too. My DD has just accepted an offer to join YDA in September in Yr 7. We only started on this mad journey around last May when she was encouraged by her local dance teacher to look at broader opportunities in dance. We'd missed most of the Associate auditions but she was lucky enough to join YDA as an Associate in September. She absolutely loves the school and the teachers, as do I. I am so thrilled that she is achieving her dream of going to dance school and will be a fully fledged vocational student come September!! I could not have even imagined this happening a year ago. This forum has been a fantastic source of knowledge and advice and I am sure will continue to be so.

• Like 16

Thank you to all the wonderful parents whose daughters were at the Elmhurst audition. You all had dd's that made my dd feel comfortable and part of something very special when she felt so uncomfortable and out of her depth! Your children made a very stressful situation enjoyable and memorable regardless of the result! She enjoyed being asked all about Texas as she was worried she would be made fun of. Now if only the results weren't by post!! Still delivered pony speed here. It could take another 2-3wks to get our results by post. I really hope they take that into consideration and email us. Anyone else an overseas applicant? Good luck everyone!

• Like 6

Yes amos73, the letter from elmhurst arrived on Wednesday 25th March last year. I've still kept it even though my dd did not end up going to this particular school I was still so proud of her gaining a place. I really loved the school.

Thank you so much for taking the time to dig out the letter and check. I have to say I loved it too as did my dd, can only dread how upset she will be if it is a no.

It is nice, we are the first Street. Not sure I will sleep tonight knowing that it is likely to be tomorrow. I have woken up at 5 every day for the last week going through all scenarios in my head. Stupid really because we don't know anything concrete yet so actually have no decisions to make!

You are a life saver...saved me a day of fretting!  I know exactly what you mean about the early morning panic!  what a rollercoaster ;)

It is nice, we are the first Street. Not sure I will sleep tonight knowing that it is likely to be tomorrow. I have woken up at 5 every day for the last week going through all scenarios in my head. Stupid really because we don't know anything concrete yet so actually have no decisions to make!

Bet you have to get your bins out early though? Night before.