Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck everyone...I'm at work today so please post if any of you get letters in the post today! I know they said next week but they were really fast last time with the finals information.....I've set my dds expectations but the waiting and not knowing completely stresses her out...she's had headaches and sickly feeling every day...she had such a great time she can remember it for the rest of her life whatever happens...all should be really proud to get to finals, well done :)

• Like 2

I have to say my gut feeling is that after auditions at the school Monday to Thursday, today would be the day the panel make final decisions and letters are prepared to be sent out. Just my thoughts on the process! I'm finding this week has gone exceedingly slowly....once the letters have arrived we can move on!!

While waiting for letters does anyone know when London (Royal) MA offers are due?

So are you saying you think they have informed the directors already? If that's the case in my opinion it devalues the visitor day and assessment day they have coming up? To me it would make sense to have the assessments before places are given out.

Edited by balletqueen
  • Like 1

Hi I'm new to BalletForum but I was actually in the finals audition for Elmhurst and can't find on the internet the answer to: does anyone know which day results will come out for Elmhurst Lower School?? Xxx

Hello Imy1324 and welcome to the forum. If you are under 16, may I just check that you have permission from your parent(s)/carers to have an account on the forum? :-)

Balletqueen - I guess they have a pretty good idea who is going to be assessed out of Associates. It's not a one off process rather a culmination of several months. I guess the size of Associate classes isn't exactly fixed so if they have a few decisions to make on assessment day they'll have wriggle room?

Edited by sarahw
  • Like 1

They will know that so many associates places will be available due to current associates potentially moving into the next phase due to age so they can confidently offer that many places. They also always offer a waiting list so if places are not accepted or dancers are assessed out more places become available.

Tinkerbelle I don't know how many places there are overall - probably there will be a few (single figure?) places at each centre each year.

You will be assessed equally even if you didn't apply to WL.

Edited by sarahw
  • Like 1

One of my dds friends auditioned for elmhurst on Tuesday and in the physio assessment they said that her left foot rolled in very very slightly and could be corrected, would that prevent her getting a place in the school, she is not on the forum and thought I would try and get some views on this?

One of my dds friends auditioned for elmhurst on Tuesday and in the physio assessment they said that her left foot rolled in very very slightly and could be corrected, would that prevent her getting a place in the school, she is not on the forum and thought I would try and get some views on this?

Perhaps if the physio views it as a matter of developing the strength to control it, then they'd probably decide based on that. Sometimes it is because they don't yet have sufficient strength in their core and turnout leg muscles so it is a result of over-turning out from the feet instead from the hips.