Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a no from Elmhurst and beautifully worded short waiting list for Manchester Mids, she'll be devastated as she only has one hour a week ballet RAD grade dance wise apart from Associates, but I think we now need to have a big rethink and explore other avenues for her if we can find any! any recommendation would be welcome. I know her school will help as much as they can. We can must move on from this it now enjoy the rest of her interesting JA journey and look forward to summer school she's learnt so much from this experience and loved every second.

Well done to all the yeses and comiserations to all the nos they ar hard to take when it means everything to them xxx

Edited by Snowflake
  • Like 2

Yes I liked it also, good luck xx just quite a long way for us

Yes it's quite a long way for us too, well I used to think that until speaking to other moms who have to travel much much further than us lol :)

Aww so sorry for your bad news snowflake, I'm sure your dd will bounce back!! I hope she enjoys the rest of her JA's and she should be so proud of all that she has achieved as she has done very well to reach finals xx

South Manchester Picturesinthefirelight thank you xx she's only interested in ballet, so an associate type scheme to compliment her regular school is what she needs, thought about taking her to the northern in Leeds on Sunday but its quite a trek xxx

Snowflake I'm so sorry for your DD - if it's any consolation mine was also devastated , we have been offered inter associates and Centre Of Advanced Training otherwise known as CAT at The Northern Ballet in Leeds from September , though I have absolutely no clue if they are any good or how many are in the classes. Maybe you should call them if it's an option they seem really friendly , all the best to you and your DD xx

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your kind words everyone and I will follow up all those options, Sunday's are a good day for us so that is great, I will tell her about other options when I break the news to her after school today at least it gives her something positive. She absolutely loved every second of RBS JAs, it has been the most amazing experience for her and she feels do lucky to have had that time. Good luck to everyone still waiting xxx

Snowflake I'm so sorry for your DD - if it's any consolation mine was also devastated , we have been offered inter associates and Centre Of Advanced Training otherwise known as CAT at The Northern Ballet in Leeds from September , though I have absolutely no clue if they are any good or how many are in the classes. Maybe you should call them if it's an option they seem really friendly , all the best to you and your DD xx

My DD was at Dance East CAT before she started at Central and it was excellent and so supportive. The Northern Ballet CAT is very good, I couldn't recommend that highly enough - they have a past student who successfully got a place at RBS upper school around 3 years ago  x

• Like 1

Yes the CAT scheme looks really good, we are only a couple of miles away, she's never done contemporary, I think she might enjoy it though, thanks so much and I will keep you posted on how we get on xxx

Edited by Snowflake

Thanks for the info Jazzpaws it's nice to get some information on this , DD's dance school doesn't actively promote Northern Ballet I don't think the teacher likes them as says they have funny teaching methods xx

Thanks Jazzpaws, I love the look of the one at the northern it would be perfect for her, I just don't think I could get her to Leeds after school, I've also got a younger child wish it was in Manchester it looks amazing!!!

Snowflake, don't give up hope for MA's yet. I don't think they give out all the yes responses straight away. Also, more places do come up when children decide not to continue or don't accept their offer. Your DD has had a yes for RB summer school, a yes for WL finals and a 'yes, we'd like to have her if we have a space' for MA's. I'd say she's doing really well and it all sounds promising! I think Elmhurst also have an associate scheme for older children too now, don't they...if you need a distraction from the wait?

• Like 1

Sorry can't help with this but your question led to me wondering how many Hammond finalists will have been offered places else where and will no longer attend the audition as surly places will have to be accepted at other schools before the Hammond audition even happens!! Makes you wonder how many were offered finals and how many will be attending, hmmm the mind does like to ponder to questions I guess we will never know the answer too lol :D

Last year the Hammond final was much earlier. We had the results before Easter. It is so late this year. Maybe they have done it a bit later on purpose. So people who really want Hammond audition there and it saves a bit of the wait list pain? Who knows.

Edited by Snape
  • Like 1