Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news DanceMomma! Have you really waited that long?! No emails/calls from the school?! - must have been terrible but what a fantastic result! Worth all the wait!

We got in touch with Elmhurst and they were kind enough to tell us the result when we said we hadn't received anything, but we still had to wait for all the paperwork to come through the post. I didn't really believe it until I saw it! We have now managed to book flights, figure out the logistics and timing of our move, and get an appointment for the medical forms. Lots to do!

• Like 5

Can anyone offer me a little reassurance please as just had a panicked text from dd who is in the Hammond audition asking why are people doing solos?? She hasn't one prepared or music etc, but I told her that I can only assume its foreign students who weren't at preliminary auditions maybe?? But can anyone confirm this just so I can put her mind to rest, thank you all :)

Don't panic. My dd did not do a solo at the final audition last year. This must be for foreign students and children that applied late and they maybe haven't seen before (I know of one girl who is doing this as she couldn't attend the prelim auditions).

• Like 2

Thanks and yours, don't you think it was a bit harsh this morning, how they just got sent away x

Last year we just dropped them at the front door and picked them up later. Best way probably, most of the parents tend to more be more nervous than the children, I am sure it rubs off on them. Bet they have had a fab time when you pick them up! Good luck guys!

• Like 1

Thank you balletmum20, yes I think they were a little abrupt when you went to the door and were told "parents you can leave" My daughter was hustled off and didn't even get to say goodbye!! But then I agree that it is better to just drop them and go but if the letter had told us to just take them to the door and leave I think we would have said our goodbye and good lucks in the car, I assumed that the parents were going in for the talk from the principle I hadn't realised they meant only the children would actually go inside. But hey ho in sure they will have a great time and won't have missed their parents at all :D

• Like 1

My other thought with regards to the abrupt way you say parents left is that the school are being extra special careful at the moment as one of its young students has recently attracted some media inters

Was she on BGT or can`t you say?

They weren't rude or offhand at all, it just wasn't what I expected, I assumed it would be similar to prelims where everyone goes to canteen and your addressed by head and then children are taken off to get ready and parents could then leave. So I walked through the doors and dd was whisked off and I was told "parents can leave now" It wasn't an issue just unexpected!

Balletmum20 I have no idea how it's worked out, dd said there were 32 there today though so that's a lot of competition x

Aww balletmum20 what a shame your daughter feels that way!! Reserve list isn't a bad thing, infact it's the exact opposite!! She has done incredible and she should be very proud!! My dd said that there were some truly beautiful dancers so also feeling a little less than positive, but if it's meant to be it will be, and if not it will give her something to work on and give her more drive and focus xx

• Like 3

Has anyone ever heard of children being pulled from Tring/elmhurst/royals reserve list very late, as I assume all place have been filled for these schools now?????

My ds didn't get his place until late April last year and others in his class were even later I think so don't give up hope just yet!