Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DancingShoes, I am so sorry to hear that.  I firmly believe that it can still be their time in the future, but their path is just going to be different and perhaps a bit more adventurous.  Certainly, my DD has achieved a lot and I do think finals for two years in a row is absolutely amazing.  Maybe, if you're strong enough to try again next year, we'll see you on the circuit.  No matter what, lots of commiserations for you and your DD and don't give up.  Now is simply a time to reflect and re-evaluate the road to take, x

• Like 4

What a lot of posts to catch up on tonight....

Huge congratulations discomonkfish

Huge commiserations to you all: jennyboydance, dancefanatic, Ballet4Boyz, balletnat1, TBG and Dancing Shoes.  

Good luck for reserve list movement: Balletmum20, Hollyhouse9 and Twoballerinas and finally congratulations on the MA place Hollyhouse9!

Well done to all your DC's on making finals - it is an achievement in itself as the talent is clearly there. xx

• Like 8

My DD also had a no from Elmhurst and is heartbroken - I can totally sympathise with everyone who didn't reach a final as I wish this would have happened to us now then she probably wouldn't have been as bothered. As parents we all wish for the best for our children and to see her so upset breaks my heart too . Anyway we have a last throw of the dice so to speak at The Hammond next month so I have to try and lift her for that but it is going to be so tough as she naturally thinks it's going to be another disappointment ????

I think there are quite a lot of people's hopes now pinned on the Hammond final next month!! Does anybody know how many there normally are at the audition?

So sorry to everyone receiving their no for nows, I know what a heartbreaking position it is to be in, but if you decide to continue down this route then rest assured that it does seem easier in year 8, I think because you know how to manage your expectations a bit better along with the fact that you know the chances of a year 8 place becoming available are so slim, it definitely makes the whole experience a lot less stressful!!

Huge congratulations to all the yes' and best of luck to those still waiting on results ????????????

If you get a no for Mids do they let you know or only the Yes'? We are Birmingham.

They let you know either way, but I've not heard of any Birmingham results being out yet so maybe they are last to be released? Good luck x

Does anyone know if any year 7 girls have had multiple offers from different schools who were offered elmhurst x

Sorry can't help with this but your question led to me wondering how many Hammond finalists will have been offered places else where and will no longer attend the audition as surly places will have to be accepted at other schools before the Hammond audition even happens!! Makes you wonder how many were offered finals and how many will be attending, hmmm the mind does like to ponder to questions I guess we will never know the answer too lol :D

• Like 1