Starting vocational school in September.

Bonnie2011

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck everyone! Have a little parcel ready to post. I loved doing this for my ds and he looked forward to the getting the silly postcards and comics. It gave me something to do that was positive.

Enjoy the journey. And hopefully in ten years time you will be one of the ballet.coers trying to help the next generation asking all the questions!

• Like 9

Good luck everyone and I must echo the message about the importance of getting post. As well as giving nearest and dearest DD's boarding address and asking them to drop a line, we joined the Dog's Trust so DD hears from her adopted dog too. I guess there are lots of similar organisations too.

• Like 3

Wow!! how lucky these little dancers are who are going to vocational school, dd is in y8 and wishes she was there at vocational school!! work hard and have fun!!

Not all little dancers, lots of our dancing children are going to upper schools/vocational 6th forms. :-)

• Like 6

Good luck everyone and I must echo the message about the importance of getting post. As well as giving nearest and dearest DD's boarding address and asking them to drop a line, we joined the Dog's Trust so DD hears from her adopted dog too. I guess there are lots of similar organisations too.

I like this! my daughter was lucky to have the mother of a friend (with a DS at RBS) regularly send her cards with news of old dance school etc. Post form others means so much to them, so come on Aunts & Uncles, Granny & Grandads, friends - put  pen to paper & help us parents with the Homesick Prevention strategies!! Good luck to all....I have had invaluable support via Forum to so thank you!

• Like 2

My dd has to be there tomorrow to start on Monday so all packed and ready to go!!! Yikes it has sneaked up on us so quickly. She feels much better now and smiles constantly. She is so excited to get there. I am feeling a little numb at the moment but I know that we are doing the right thing.

• Like 3

Tuesday for us! I am up to my neck with labelling and packing and keep thinking of more things I need to buy! Does it ever end?! DD is really excited now and can't wait to go :-)

We are Tuesday too....& half of DD's uniform is still to arrive as are the nametags!....fingers crossed all in tomorrows post.....All my fault being a last minute Lil!

Space is very limited so try your best to keep things to a minimum and add things if necessary rather than sending too much, just in case. It can cause stress when there isn't quite enough room for everything

I am only packing what is on the list given to us by the school/boarding house, so hopefully we will be fine.

Don't worry Peanut I am also waiting for a few bits of uniform and ran out of name labels today!

Space is very limited so try your best to keep things to a minimum and add things if necessary rather than sending too much, just in case. It can cause stress when there isn't quite enough room for everything

So true Angel, sometimes you really can't imagine how little space some of the children get.  They do adapt though and quite quickly!

Don't worry too much if you are still missing uniform. The school will be understanding. The shop who supplied the academic uniform closed fairly suddenly last year so the current supplier has had to take over. She's done her best to source everything but there can be a long lead time.

I think she will be there on Tuesdsy too (we are picking up a school skirt we ordered)

• Like 1

I am panicking more than my boy as he prepares to change school after so long at Tring. Change is always scary. Good luck to everyone on their new adventures xx

Best of luck to your DS Haggis, happily he won't be too far from home so there's nothing you can't overcome between you, I hope you both enjoy the experience xx

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 2

Best of luck to everyone starting at vocational school this time and the returners. Hope everyone settles quickly and enjoys the challenges of the term.

Mums, dads and siblings - keep yourselves busy, you will miss your dancer more than they will miss you!

• Like 5