Starting vocational school in September.

Bonnie2011

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of every parent who finds themselves wandering into an empty bedroom this morning...you will always miss them (even after 8 years) but it does get easier and the bonus is there is more food left in the fridge....

I did exactly this and then cried all the way to work!! I'm hoping this won't be an everyday occupancy for the (possibly) next 8 years because I will never get any work done to pay the bills!

• Like 2

Thinking of every parent who finds themselves wandering into an empty bedroom this morning...you will always miss them (even after 8 years) but it does get easier and the bonus is there is more food left in the fridge....

And the loo roll goes further....

• Like 4

This thread is almost making me cry even though my DD is only 9, with no idea yet of where life will take her! The photo on Elmhurst's FB page this morning of the new year 7 group made me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Good luck to all the dancers starting in new schools and special thoughts to the lonely parents.

• Like 5

I'm not feeling too bad surprisingly. DD text me last night to say "had an amazing day it was awesome!"

I am going to see her this weekend though as at the school with DS! He is green with envy that she has gone and he hasn't. He is only 8 though so I told him if he works hard he will get there. Will need a miracle with money too!

Hope all you other parents are ok. Saw the Elmhurst photo and it made me smile! All these lucky kids living their dreams.

• Like 3