Preparing for College/Upper School Auditions

Katymac

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to your dd dramascientist.

Dd2 enjoyed her Northern Ballet audition and Dd1 her Blackpool audition on Wednesday. Just have to wait now. Off to London tomorrow for ENBS audition with Dd2 (good luck to everyone auditioning tomorrow) and then meeting Dd1 in London and travelling to Liverpool for Dd1 as she has LIPA (Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts) on Sunday! Dd2 catching train home alone. I'll be glad when this week is over....on the plus side the girls seem happier and less stressed :)

• Like 6

Ha - it's a nightmare! Just cancelled 3 shifts at work so I can take Dd1 to Scotland and Guildford (both dds don't want their dad to take them as he makes them more stressed!). At least after tomorrow dd2 only has Rambert to go - dd1 still has 3!

Thank goodness for this forum :)

• Like 5

Italia Conti want £250 'admin fee' (DaDA applied for)

Millennium want £75 'non-refundable deposit' (DaDA applied for)

Performers want £100 'deposit' (no DaDA)

Now she can only go to one of these colleges.........

:angry:

Wow seems hefty to ask for such a deposit when you dont even know if you will secure funding!  How on earth are you going to way up that decision?  Good luck!

So sorry....Dd1 got 'no's for Blackpool and LIPA.....however, she's now decided on an acting route so will audition next year for acting....although still has Scotland Conservatoire and GSA auditions plus NYT and The Big Act pre-professional courses to go :) 

• Like 1

I am very sorry. My daughter has been knocked back by two drama schools in the past two months but is still determined to become an actor. It is so hard for children in the arts even to gain a foothold on the professional path now. Hugs to all those trying. x

I can imagine that it's heartbreaking to get the 'no's', but don't let your DC's get disillusioned (please !). I believe that nowadays there is enough excellent non vocational (or full time) training available to enable them to prepare for a career in dance or drama. Hang on and don't lose hope, X

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Italia Conti want £250 'admin fee' (DaDA applied for)

Millennium want £75 'non-refundable deposit' (DaDA applied for)

Performers want £100 'deposit' (no DaDA)

Now she can only go to one of these colleges.........

:angry:

I've probably missed it somewhere but would love to know where your daughter is off to :)