Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, Central got letter out quickly. I'm sitting here looking at an envelope addressed to dd and will have to bite my nails for a couple more hours until she gets home from school and opens it...

Is your DD still not home yet,Taxi? You must be tearing your hair out by now.!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now hoping to audition for Elmhurst as well on the 22nd January:) spoke to the school today and they confirmed I was not too old to audition and that I could if I wanted to:) very happy girl today!

I'm considering auditioning for Ballet West- in case i am by some miracle accepted, does anyone know what the fees are, what funding is available, (I know it's a degree course, but is it 6k or 9k student loan) and how much the accommodation is? Thanks xx

Edited because my original post was as clear as mud!!!

Edited by swanprincess
  • Like 1

Hi Swanprincess, the fees for ballet west are 9000 but you can get student finance for 6000. Accomodation is 450 a month (including all utilities) but again you can get some maintenance to offset this. At Ballet West you will also need money for food etc. since you will be responsible for this yourself, the school does not provide any meals. Any physio etc. is extra (usually25 pounds a consultation) but hopefully this might not be necessary and maybe you can take out insurance to cover this.

Hope this helps and I would definitely give it a go, its a lovely school.

Dramascientist

• Like 1

Hi Swanprincess, the fees for ballet west are 9000 but you can get student finance for 6000. Accomodation is 450 a month (including all utilities) but again you can get some maintenance to offset this. At Ballet West you will also need money for food etc. since you will be responsible for this yourself, the school does not provide any meals. Any physio etc. is extra (usually25 pounds a consultation) but hopefully this might not be necessary and maybe you can take out insurance to cover this.

Hope this helps and I would definitely give it a go, its a lovely school.

Dramascientist

Thank you! :) x