Questions about Upper School auditions

Anna C

1 hour ago, sillysally said:

Hi all,

Has anyone been offered a place off the waiting list for Central yet? I'm interested to know if there has been any movement.  In fact, does anyone know anything about the timeline? When do prospective students reply to their offers? 

Also, does anyone have any idea if there are 100 or 20 on the waiting list, its hard to gauge if moving from on the wait list is a realistic option or a nice pipe dream.....

P.S. I must say that I really appreciate being a member this forum, it seems to me that people genuinely want to help each other and that is precious. Thanks to everyone for sharing. 

Sillysally 🥰

I only have experience from last year’s audition season and appreciate things could be different this year. 
Applicants seem to have a two week period to accept/decline their places, then it goes to first round waiting list. They in turn have the two week period to accept/decline & so on. DD knew of friends/peers still receiving offers two months after she gave her place back so that suggests there can be several rounds of offers.

Certainly there is an awful lot of movement & wait list places can come up. The problem is knowing where you are on wait list...and of course deciding whether to commit to other offers!

Very best of luck to you xx

ps. I agree this forum is invaluable

• Like 2

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sillysally said:

Hi all,

Has anyone been offered a place off the waiting list for Central yet? I'm interested to know if there has been any movement.  In fact, does anyone know anything about the timeline? When do prospective students reply to their offers? 

Also, does anyone have any idea if there are 100 or 20 on the waiting list, its hard to gauge if moving from on the wait list is a realistic option or a nice pipe dream.....

P.S. I must say that I really appreciate being a member this forum, it seems to me that people genuinely want to help each other and that is precious. Thanks to everyone for sharing. 

Sillysally 🥰

They're all questions we had too! 

• 1 year later...

I guess this is the best place to start discussions around the Upper School Final Auditions for 2023!

The RBS Upper School Finals are in Feb/March this year.  That is a large window!

Semi-Finals involved a video audition due by Jan 10.  Results from that are due late Jan.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It’s very quiet on the thread this year so thought I would try to revive with an update on where we are….

First round auditions completed and a few weeks to catch our breath before final auditions next month.  It’s been an interesting journey to this point and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how my DD has weighed up and considered each US and what it    offers.  

Although she has been offered a place at Tring, which was initially her ‘dream school’, she is now clear that she doesn’t want to be in a boarding school environment, preferring more of a ‘university’ experience.  She loved the feel, location and classes at Northern Ballet School in Manchester and has been offered a place - great to have that on the table.  She has also been lucky enough to have been offered a place at KS Dance in Warrington, she absolutely loved the audition and experience day, and Kate Simmons was very present, warm and welcoming but the location and the studios have given her cause to hesitate.

So we know DD has the offers above although Tring is completely off the table, so we’re now waiting to see how final auditions go for RCS, Rambert and Central, she has withdrawn from ENBS as she has realised that she needs more than a pure ballet focus and can see the value of continuing her contemporary training.

Anyone else on this journey?

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

As we are starting the process of Upper School auditions I've been looking back and wondered how everyone had got on. DD has a long list including international schools. I cant believe how fast this has all come round, those first auditions at RBS/Elmhurst seem like only yesterday and we went for a day out to see how it was with no expectations - the rollercoaster journey has been non stop since then!

• Like 1