Summer Schools 2013

MeganReid

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I hope so. I didn't fancy making 2 round trips to Birmingham within 3 days!

Call me mad! I'll be making 2 round trips to Birmingham from France within 3 days!

Edited by afab
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Bristol Russian Ballet School are running a Summer School this year (entry by photo). Application forms can be downloaded from their website www.bristolrussianballetschool.com

There is also a short video on their website of last year's Summer School to give you some idea of what is involved.

It is non-residential and dates are: Week 1: 29th July - 2nd August (Intermediate to Advanced Ballet Students Age 13-19)

Week 2: 5th August - 9th August (Intermediate to Advanced Ballet Students Age 13-19)

Week 3: 12th August - 14th August (Intensive Ballet Course for Beginner and Intermediate Ballet Students Age 8-12)

For more info see their website.

My dd is doing this Summer School for the first time this year :)   

• Like 1

WatkinsDance Summer Course - Age 14-19 - 27th-30th July 2013 held at The Rambert School, London.

Contemporary based summer course including ballet, rep, creative, Cunningham technique with classes from Artistic Director Anna Watkins, guest teachers from Tavaziva Dance, Richard Alston, A.D dance company and WatkinsDance artists.

Spaces are filling up fast so please do book early. To download a booking form or for more information please go to: www.watkinsdance.co.uk and email:

Education Co- ordinator                                                          

Jennifer Teale

jennifer@watkinsdance.co.uk

Edited by WatkinsDance

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on Facebook - ENBS had posted this 4hrs ago :

English National Ballet School

A small number of places have become available on this year's Summer Course, and we will be accepting late applications until Friday 14 June.

There is currently limited availability on the following weeks:

Summer A (Age 15 - 19)

Week 1 15 - 19 July 2013

Week 2 22 - 26 July 2013

Summer B (Age 11 - 14)

Week 1 29 July - 2 August 2013

Our Summer Courses are designed to give young dancers a taste of student life at English National Ballet School. Taught by our highly experienced teaching staff the timetable includes daily ballet class, pointe work, coaching, variations and contemporary classes with classes tailored for boys where necessary. Different repertoire is learnt on each week of the course, and performed to friends and family on the last day. There will also be the opportunity to work with guest teachers.

If you would like the opportunity to attend - please download an application form from here or email info@enbschool.org.uk for more information.

Edited to add Application Form:

Application form - www.enbschool.org.uk/upload/Summer_Course_Application_form_2013.pdf

Edited by hoobydigger
  • Like 2

aw, Fiz and Tulip, thank you so much :) I really don't know what i'd do without all the kindness I have received from this forum... It has occurred to me that if I can't get in to a summer school, then surely I've got no chance of getting in to a 6th form school when the competition is so incredibly fierce, but I am determined to just keep trying; this time next year I will probably have to accept that I'm never going to dance professionally so i'm going to enjoy aiming for my dream whilst I can :) xxx

We're finding a lot of courses start during school time too - we live where 3 counties meet and  2 out of 3 break up on Wednesday 24th July.  We've found all year that with elder DD away at vocational school, all her half terms except this last one have been the week before younger DDs at school locally.  I believe it depends which counties signed up to the new holiday system a few years ago that tries to even out term lengths, meaning in particular that the Easter holidays are the same time each year regardless of when Easter actually falls.

Hi all, there are still some places on the summer intensive hosted by MIDAS at MAC in Birmingham. Daily ballet and body conditioning with other sessions in rep, jazz, contemporary, dancer health (including nutrition, warm-up/cool-down), anatomy, music theory/appreciation and performance psychology. A week of hard work to get you ready for the new term!

• Like 2

Also 2dancersmum you are right about this.....a few of years ago East Sussex signed up to this and at first we thought great every so often will get an extra long weekend when Easter doesn't fall within the hols but unfortunately when this happens tend to add a couple of days onto the end of summer term. This year schools finish on the 19th as Easter did fall within the two week break but some years we've carried on till 25th or 26th

Does anyone know whether there is a set uniform for the Elmhurst SS or is it like other SS where the requirements are quite loose?  We have had the details for Cechetti and the only slight oddity is a Greek Style leotard although DD excited about the prospect of learning a new style dance.

• 4 weeks later...