Summer Schools 2013

MeganReid

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain insurance for summer school against not being able to attend due to illness or injury?  It's a lot of money for RBS summer school (£550) and I will be upset if for any reason DS can't go as apparently there are no refunds and we were told to get our own insurance (but I can't find any!).

Thanks!

Would it be worth contacting your insurance broker who supplies your home/car/contents insurance.  One of my bank accounts has holiday insurance attached to it I havent looked at the policy for some time but I would assume a summer school is included as it is still a holiday.   

Ax

Hi amber21 - I used to have a good home insurance policy but now I have the cheapest possible so I don't think that they have it as an "extra".  If I went for family holiday insurance for a year I'd be ok but this is just a one off for one child!  the rest of us will not be going anywhere!

Ballemum, we are waiting to hear about ENBS Summer school B too, although as we applied so early (Sept 2012 before they changed the application process) I have had an email saying a place has been reserved for her. However as I haven't been asked to part with any money I'm not taking it as certain until I get a letter saying so. Wish they's hurry up though as I need to book some accomodation :wacko:

• Like 2

I just got an email from Elmhurst with a yes but I have no idea if it is for DD1 or DD2 or both! :mellow:

Edited to add that 15 minutes later, I got a yes for both! Hurrah!  :D

Good luck to those still waiting!

Edited by afab
  • Like 6

Tulte, your DD will LOVE it! The only panicking she'll need to do is over leotards etc, what co-ordinates with what!

My DD also offered a place but unfortunately we've had to turn the place down due to other commitments so... if anyones on the waiting list :) !

Well done to everyone who's going and hope you all have fun!

• Like 7

Well done to all Yesses!! Were they all emails, or letters?! Ive not heard yet :-( :-( ive told my mum that if the No letter comes, dont give it to me until Monday because im going to see Sleeping Beauty tomorrow and Alice in Wonderland on Sunday so wouldnt want to be grumpy for that!! Haha x

• Like 2

Tulte my daughter went to Elmhurst for the first time last year. She rang on the first night asking if we had to pick her up at the end!!! She had a fantastic time - both during the ballet day and in the evenings meeting lots of lovely new friends - all with one thing in common ... the love of ballet. she has just received a "yes" to this year and can't wait til August. Just won't forget the jazz pants this year !! :)

• Like 5