Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I try to open there seem to

be three files but all showing the same three dates 

Are there any performances by other dancers than on these three dates: 

Osipova/Clarke, Takada/Sissons and 

Calvert Edmonds? 

38 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Gosh, I was expecting Osipova x 3 and Takada x 2 but not Claire & Edmonds x 2!! 🥳

I am particularly pleased for Claire who only got one go last time. 

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

So First Soloist Sissens gets 4 performances (with Sasaki and Takada) but Principal Campbell gets none....again🫤

Certainly would have been nice to see him perform it with Claire.

I’m sure Joseph Sissens will be superb, very much looking forward to seeing him with Takada

Edited by art_enthusiast
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

So First Soloist Sissens gets 4 performances (with Sasaki and Takada) but Principal Campbell gets none....again🫤

Sissens actually only has one outing in the first period and, much as I would love to see Takada back, I suspect Sasaki may be his partner throughout. 

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Why do you say that PeterS? 
Are you suspecting Takada won’t be dancing in June even though it’s just been announced? 

Hopefully this suggests there is at least a prospect of her returning by June....or they would have already announced a different casting.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

I hope Campbell's got decent roles in the rest of the summer works to make up for no SL yet again. More generally, it does seem a bit odd that a First Soloist has got more SL performances than several of the Principals. I wonder if the June dates with Takada might have originally been meant for McRae but he won't be recovered in time?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LinMM said:

Why do you say that PeterS? 
Are you suspecting Takada won’t be dancing in June even though it’s just been announced? 

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

Hopefully this suggests there is at least a prospect of her returning by June....or they would have already announced a different casting.

Only in the sense that Takada has been injury prone and is once again coming back from injury. I would be delighted, over the moon in fact, to see her onstage again. However, Sasaki having danced with Sissens would make her an easy substitution if it became necessary. 

Edited by PeterS
  • Like 3

I just briefly mentioned ( on wrong thread) about Cesar. 
I was hoping he might get another Swan Lake in June but not to be. 
So he has just two Swan Lakes and is not in the triple. I wonder what he could be cast in for remainder of the summer season. I hope he is deemed to be fit to return anyway. 
At least I can make the Tuesday performance of Takada and Sissens so can book this and if Takada should not dance I won’t have seen Sissens or Sasaki in these roles so should be okay anyway. 

BBB …..talking of OHP just trying to book a senior performance with a friend over from Oz in June and we were thinking of 29th evening but of course it doesn’t say yet  whether Juniors or seniors performing that evening.   Going by last year I don’t suppose you know if it will be more or less the same this year? 

The Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday evening performances have always been  mainly Upper School.  The Friday evening and the Saturday afternoon performances have always been mainly White Lodge. I don’t imagine it will be any different this year,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Some very interesting casting there.  So no new Hermiones, but some new Leontes.   Partnerships are shifting a bit:  Fumi is with Vadim once again, Yasmine is with Will once again, and Marianela is with Matthew.  Very interesting to see Lauren with Cesar; I would not have even thought of that one!!  

Very glad to see some of the other debuts, and to see Itziar reprising the role of Paulina.  I am especially interested to see that Viola Pantuso is already getting a Principal role (Perdita).  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

Those Nunez/Ball etc dates are really unfriendly for anyone who lives and works outside London!  

At least they are doing the live cinema relay so if you can get to a cinema that is showing it you won't miss it.

• Like 1

Such interesting casting … @capybara thank you for sharing

Hermione - Cuthbertson, Nunez, Lamb*, Kaneko

Leontes - Corrales*, Ball*, Hirano, Muntagiriv*

Polixenes - Richardson*, Braendsrod, Donnelly*, Dixon*

I thought Claire Calvert performed Hermione before?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FionaM said:

I’m sure I saw her in the role.

Apologies for not re-setting the 2024 list but I was up against a related deadline

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FionaM said:

Yes she has, so this time she is dancing Paulina instead.  I'm looking forward to that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FionaM said:

Hermione - Cuthbertson, Nunez, Lamb*, Kaneko

Leontes - Corrales*, Ball*, Hirano, Muntagiriv*

Polixenes - Richardson*, Braendsrod, Donnelly*, Dixon*

I definitely remember seeing Claire Calvert as Hermione.

Very disappointed yet another non cinema broadcast for Vadim, coming so soon after the disappointment of his Macmillan cast not being filmed. Also no matinees and his 2 performances are over the Spring Bank holiday so accommodation will be difficult and expensive. Casting is interesting, especially the Coralles opening night.  Nice to see Clare Calvert given a good part as well. Just wish the casting had been for a more interesting ballet (for me at any rate). Edited just to say no Alex Campbell - again!

Edited by jmhopton
  • Like 5