Manon, Royal Ballet Winter 2024

As the General Rehearsal is tomorrow afternoon and the run starts that evening, I thought I'd start the thread. 

I thought that Laura Morera mentioned in last week's Insight that Will Bracewell and Yasmine Naghdi would be performing in the General tomorrow. Hopefully that will be the case, as I'm not booked to see them otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MJW said:

As the General Rehearsal is tomorrow afternoon and the run starts that evening, I thought I'd start the thread. 

I thought that Laura Morera mentioned in last week's Insight that Will Bracewell and Yasmine Naghdi would be performing in the General tomorrow. Hopefully that will be the case, as I'm not booked to see them otherwise.

I think Laura said Stage rehearsal, which may or may not be the same thing as there are several rehearsals in the lead up to the General. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MJW said:

It appears from social media as if that cast has already had its final Stage Call.

26 minutes ago, capybara said:

It appears from social media as if that cast has already had its final Stage Call.

Oh well....I'll wait and see then.

Delighted to see Lauren Cuthbertson again after- years. 

Matthew Ball is always on duty when I get to a rehearsal    Always pleased to see him .

So - look forward even though I don't like the ballet! 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, capybara said:

Yes, they had their stage call yesterday.  I think it makes sense for Lauren and Matt to do the general as Lauren has not performed a three-act ballet for a long time.  Looking forward to it as I don't have tickets for this cast.

• Like 3

Looking forward to members' reports for Manon this month as I'm not attending till February (good to have the opera house shared with Royal Opera to space out the performances). Watching the RB "50 years of Manon" Insight Event on YouTube as a pre-show "warm up" event! 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Cescablue said:

The ushers are evicting quite a number of people from the rear of the stalls during first interval of the general rehearsal.

To where, the amphitheatre? the foyer? Louisiana? 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Rob S said:

To where, the amphitheatre? the foyer? Louisiana? 

It appears that some people were sat in the empty seats rather than those they were allotted which appeared to be immediately behind the official photographers - understandably! Apologies for the odd topic post - my curiosity got the better of me! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mary said:

Hard to take my eyes off Gary Avis

Delightful as are Cuthbertson and Ball.

What an actor. I'd love to see his Macbeth. Or Antony.

Anyway..ballet...

He is convincingly predatorial as GM! Quite revoltong! Matty Ball stole the show for me!

• Like 2

Well that was certainly better than a day at work! Cuthbertson especially was excellent this afternoon.

Back for more on the 3rd.

Edited by MJW
  • Like 5

What an incredible general.  No-one stole the show for me because I thought they were all superb.  Lauren and Matt highly emotional, both in great physical shape, and really connected.  Wonderful dancing from both of them and as has been said, they took risks and it paid off very handsomely.  I could go on but I shouldn't because it was a rehearsal.  I will just say that anyone seeing this cast has a treat in store.

And now for tonight....

• Like 12

Despite having tickets for tonight I am envious as would have loved to go today but its an insanely busy week at work (and tickets were like gold dust).

Really looking forward to opening night and some debuts .