Royal Ballet Japan Tour Casting

It is not on the promotor's website yet but the casting was sent to subscribers.

Gala (more of a Diamonds Celebration)

June 24th 13:00

Diamonds Nunes, Muntagirov 

A Month in the Country Osipova Bracewell

For Four Muntagirov, Corarres, Ball, Sambe

New Zuchetti Naghdi,  Kaneko, Hayward, Magri

June 24th 18:00 

Diamonds Lamb. Hirano

A Month in the Country Nunes, Ball 

For Four Muntagirov, Corarres, Ball, Sambe

New Zuchetti Naghdi,  Kaneko, Hayward, Magri

June 25th 13:00

Diamonds Takada, McRae

A Month in the Country Nunes, Muntagirov 

For Four TBA

New Zuchetti TBA

Romeo and Juliet

June 28th 18:30 Lamb, McRae

June 29th 13:30 Naghdi, Ball

June 29th 18:30 Kaneko, Muntagirov

June 30th 18:30 Osipova, Clarke

July 1st 13:00 Hayward, Corarres

July 1st 18:00 Nunes, Bracewell

July 2nd 13:00 Takada, Campbell

So Romeo and Juliet in Tokyo has an incredible cast of seven pairs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lizbie1 said:

The Kaneko/Muntagirov and Nunez/Bracewell switch is either an interesting development or a mistake, I think!

I think it may be accurate. Kaneko and Muntagirov have been guesting partners for over a year now and the reports (and the stills) from their CTCB R&J were quite positive. 

14 minutes ago, oncnp said:

I think it may be accurate. Kaneko and Muntagirov have been guesting partners for over a year now…..

Nunez and Muntagirov do not dance R&J

I saw Fumi and Vadim dance in Cape Town and they were beautiful together. But, of course, the version there was very different……..

Edited by capybara
  • Like 4

Lucky Japan! They get to see Vadim's Diamonds which is more than we do! Also he seems to be doing the Wheeldon For Four on the same night. I wish someone would record/stream either that performance or, better still, his Month in the Country. As a programme  I prefer it to the Diamonds Celebration.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Texan said:

Campbell Romeo!!!!!!!!!

Yes, good to see...he also danced as Romeo in a PDD at the Royal Ballet Gala in Japan in July this year, also with Takada. They were to have danced R&J at the ROH in January  this year, but she was injured at that time and was replaced by Naghdi.

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sophoife said:

All I can say is, the corps de ballet is going to be absolutely cream-crackered by the time seven R&Js are done in five days. 

I wouldn't have said r & j was that demanding on the corps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, capybara said:

I understand that, in view of the above announcement, the RB dancers have now been advised that the correct casting for the Japan tour will issue in due course.

@Naomi M information is incorrect?

Edited by oncnp

On 06/11/2022 at 06:23, Jan McNulty said:

And a very fine Romeo he is too!

Yes....that performance of R&J he did last year with Yasmine Naghdi was unforgettable.  He did it his way, and he clicked so well with her.  Loved it.  

• Like 4

The information that I posted is what was sent for subscribers on November 4th. Subscribers can book their seats in advance and they will send in the requests due November 30th. The general booking will be on a later date.

As Yumiko has pointed out, there are possibilities of change in cast as the performances are 7 months ahead. But the information posted is from the promoter NBS’s current ticket order sheet. 

Or the RB dancers have different information regarding casting? 

(apologies for misspelling Marianela Nunez’s name) 

Edited by Naomi M
Typo

A different performance, but Yasmine Naghdi, Matthew Ball, Alina Cojocaru and Alexandr Trush( of Hamburg Ballet) will guest in National Ballet of Japan’s New Year Ballet Gala on January 13-15th

Naghdi and Ball  Sleeping Beauty

Cojicaru and Trush  Neumeier’s  Don Juan

https://www.nntt.jac.go.jp/english/productions/ballet/newyearballet-2023.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

A little update on the casting of the Japan Tour.

A Diamond Celebration 

6/24 13:00 

Diamonds Nunez, Clarke 

For Four; Ball, Hay, Muntagirov, Sambe

6/24 18:00 

For Four; Bracewell, Corarres,  SIssens, Acri

Prima:  Hinkis, Mariko Sasaki, Calvert, Sumina Sasaki

6/25 

A Month in the Country Morera, Muntagirov

For Four: Ball, Hay, Muntagirov, Sambe

Prima  Hayward, Kaneko, Magri, Naghdi

Romeo And Juliet

6/29  18:30 Hayward, Corarres

7/1 13:00 O'Sullivan, Sambe

7/2 13:00 Takada, Hirano

No Kaneko and Muntagirov in Tokyo, but they are expected to perform Romeo and Juliet in Osaka on July 5th.

(details to be announced) 

Edited by Naomi M
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Naomi is that the full programme  for the tour? ...as there was a much fuller  one  indicated previously. 

As capybara has mentioned, I have only listed the change of cast in my latest post. See my first post to see the full schedule. 

so it means, 7 pairs of R+J in Tokyo and another in Osaka. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bridiem said:

I see that Alexander Campbell is no longer cast as Romeo. I wonder why not.

and the only male principal not cast in anything?

The Royal Ballet offers a supporters' tour which includes some, but not all, tickets and involves making a significant donation over and above the cost of travel, accommodation and attending performances. However, there are always glowing reports as to what in included in the package: rehearsal watches; tours (with dancers in the group); talks from dancers; receptions at the theatre and other social events. So, for those who can afford it............!!!!

In the past, several members of this forum have made independent arrangements, including to Japan.

On 29/11/2022 at 07:39, capybara said:

The Royal Ballet offers a supporters' tour which includes some, but not all, tickets and involves making a significant donation over and above the cost of travel, accommodation and attending performances. However, there are always glowing reports as to what in included in the package: rehearsal watches; tours (with dancers in the group); talks from dancers; receptions at the theatre and other social events. So, for those who can afford it............!!!!

In the past, several members of this forum have made independent arrangements, including to Japan.

For giggles, I e-mailed the Friend's office....

There is a tour being organised by our Philanthropy team, which offers very special access to the company and dancers. The price of the tour includes flights, accommodation and a full itinerary of events and tourist highlights and in addition donors will be asked to make an additional donation.

Should you be interested in finding out any more about the tour, please do not hesitate to contact my colleague Lauren Bond either by email to lauren.bond@roh.org.uk or by telephone on +442072129436.
Edited by oncnp