Vocational school applications for Y7 entry 2022

BalletBoysDad

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All sorted - it’s because she’s only down to audition for Mids and the semi finals/finals are for white lodge. I do wonder whether that’s scuppered her chances for Mids because they won’t have seen her since November when they’re making their decisions but it’s not the end of the world!

Just now, MamaFrosty said:

All sorted - it’s because she’s only down to audition for Mids and the semi finals/finals are for white lodge. I do wonder whether that’s scuppered her chances for Mids because they won’t have seen her since November when they’re making their decisions but it’s not the end of the world!

Aww glad it’s all sorted. I’m

sure it won’t change chances. There will be lots of children that have just ticked for mids. They will have known on the day but can’t offer places until they’ve sorted all the full time places as some of the children that are offered WL may turn down their place and therefore be offered mids instead. 

It is a really long wait though I agree! I’m waiting for the Leeds results to come out as they were the next centre to audition and it’s killing me waiting for the emails. It’s likely to be next week I’m sure but now London are out I’m on tenterhooks! 

8 hours ago, Waverley said:

It seems slightly quicker now they're into it, results wise I mean. 

Hopefully if Birmingham is out that means you've heard about Leeds too @SJBallet 

Thank you for thinking of us. Leeds did also come out today and DD has been invited to semi finals. She’s ridiculously giddy and I can’t wait for her to go to bed 😂

• Like 5

I know the deadline for Elmhurst has been extended to 17th December. Are we assuming we'll hear which audition date the Year 7 applicants have been allocated before Christmas? It'll be a bit of a last-minute scramble to organise work shifts/ travel etc. if not!

2 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

I know the deadline for Elmhurst has been extended to 17th December. Are we assuming we'll hear which audition date the Year 7 applicants have been allocated before Christmas? It'll be a bit of a last-minute scramble to organise work shifts/ travel etc. if not!

I’m assuming so. I’m sure online it says provisional dates for prelims so this morning I’ve booked accommodation for all 3 dates with free cancellation just in case. 

Just now, MissEmily said:

@PointeperfectMy pupil's audition is on 11th January, but like @balletboy8 said, there are two preliminary audition dates later in January too. Hope that doesn't mean we have a longer wait for results, but fear it may!

I didn’t think about having to wait for the results. DDs audition is also on the 11th. 

1 minute ago, balletboy8 said:

DS WL auditions are 10th and 11th March - does anyone know when they give results? Does he also have to get through the 10th to make the 11th? 😀

I don’t think they take long with the final results. Y7 girls if they get through semis are on the 3rd & 4th. I assume they have to get through the first day and then get called back for the second day. Similar to Elmhurst which is a bit rubbish if you have to book a hotel for 2 nights but don’t actually need the 2nd night!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

I don’t think they take long with the final results. Y7 girls if they get through semis are on the 3rd & 4th. I assume they have to get through the first day and then get called back for the second day. Similar to Elmhurst which is a bit rubbish if you have to book a hotel for 2 nights but don’t actually need the 2nd night!  

I hadn't realised the girls' finals dates were out - may not be our concern of course but it's helpful to have a heads up, thanks! 

8 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

When my eldest got to the WL finals in 2020 (I think it was the last thing that happened before lockdown) the girls attended both days and it was made up of ballet class, physio assessment, interviews, an academic assessment and a lot of sitting around.  They did it differently last year due to covid.  

2 minutes ago, BattementBatty said:

When my eldest got to the WL finals in 2020 (I think it was the last thing that happened before lockdown) the girls attended both days and it was made up of ballet class, physio assessment, interviews, an academic assessment and a lot of sitting around.  They did it differently last year due to covid.  

Ah so maybe I have the wrong end of the stick. I’m sure I’d read somewhere about being invited back but that could be Elmhurst?