Hammond finals 2021

Raquelle

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everyone is waiting on mails!  We still haven't heard if dd has been successful or unsuccessful for 16+. I did want to mail again today but dd wants me to leave it until Monday. I wish you all luck & hopefully everyone can get sorted with tests. 

Hi all, I'm new on here! My dd received an offer for yr 9 on 14th Jan with invite to MDS audition. We are over 4 hr drive away plus a one hour ferry!!. Does anyone know whether they will be permitted to wear masks for the duration of the audition? We know Tring are requesting this. This is our daughter's only little worry!

1 minute ago, Jonesy said:

Hi all, I'm new on here! My dd received an offer for yr 9 on 14th Jan with invite to MDS audition. We are over 4 hr drive away plus a one hour ferry!!. Does anyone know whether they will be permitted to wear masks for the duration of the audition? We know Tring are requesting this. This is our daughter's only little worry!

On voicemail it said masks think details coming out Monday 

If anyone wants the test, I ordered some home test From the nhs website on Thursday evening at 7pm and received them Friday at 11am-  you input the results into the nhs website which you then get an email with evidence of a negative result.

hope that helps 

20 hours ago, Mum to a boy dancer said:

Just spoke to Hammond. The kids will require a negative Covid test. Emails with details should be out today x

Hello! Has anyone received the more detailed email from The Hammond about audition next week? People are mentioning getting Covid tests etc. And we haven't had any email about all this? Just had the 'save the date' email? For Y7 MDS audition? Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

The students are wearing masks so it shouldn’t be an issue. Good luck, the current y8 are an amazing group of kids 😊

12 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

The students are wearing masks so it shouldn’t be an issue. Good luck, the current y8 are an amazing group of kids 😊

She is worried about dancing in a mask!!! They are all in it together so will have to get on with it!! Very difficult expressing themselves in masks though but at least it's an 'in person' audition. Ah that's so lovely to hear the year group are amazing.  My dd is sooo excited 😊 The Hammond seems such a lovely school.

20 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Hello! Has anyone received the more detailed email from The Hammond about audition next week? People are mentioning getting Covid tests etc. And we haven't had any email about all this? Just had the 'save the date' email? For Y7 MDS audition? Thanks!

No not yet...people have mentioned it may be on Monday? Last email I had said the date and what to expect at the audition I.e. ballet class lyrical then jazz but they will hopefully send more details soon x 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Hi. I phoned Hammond as I was worried about needing a test at short notice and they confirmed the kids will need one. They told me emails would be out yesterday but it’s looking like Monday now x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancemumk8 said:

Thank you! Fab thread too. Feeling much more organised for Wednesday reading all your comments x

Do they need jazz shoes and different outfit for the musical theatre part or is the whole audition in ballet shoes and leotard? X 

• Like 1

still no e mail!! We're leaving home to travel up at 8am tomorrow morning!!  Just taking what we think she'll need unless we get the e mail today!! Done daughter's covid test as wanted to do it before we leave home (as no point in travelling such a long way if it's positive), which is negative.  I did wonder if they were also doing the academic test too on Wed.

1 hour ago, Dancemumk8 said:

Still no emails! Will they have to do academic tests on the afternoon as they suggested in some earlier emails? We’ve been offered a place so presume the offer isn’t depending on test scores 

Hammond is not academically selective so don’t worry. When my daughter had her audition a couple of years ago they did a non-verbal reasoning test on the day, then maths and English tests were sent to her primary school to do afterwards. 

Good luck to everyone doing MDS audition at Hammond this week.  Although my dd not auditioning this year I remember the feelings from last year and I know this is often more stressful for us parents than it is for our children who just want to dance somewhere they love!  Fingers crossed for you all xx

It’s us parents that are more concerned about this than the kid’s (well my daughter is very chilled about it all). I can’t imagine it’ll be more than a couple of dance classes as they’ve seen a lot in their audition videos already haven’t they. Hope so anyway. 

My daughter's also very chilled about it all ..... but super excited at the same time, and the fact she gets to dance in a dance studio for the first time in months is even more exciting!!😂  I guess as long as they've got their ballet gear, which i assume they arrive wearing under their tracksuit, then they can wear that for everything.  Just added a pair of jazz shoes and jazz sneakers just in case too.  

1 minute ago, Jonesy said:

My daughter's also very chilled about it all ..... but super excited at the same time, and the fact she gets to dance in a dance studio for the first time in months is even more exciting!!😂  I guess as long as they've got their ballet gear, which i assume they arrive wearing under their tracksuit, then they can wear that for everything.  Just added a pair of jazz shoes and jazz sneakers just in case too.  

That’s the route we’re going down too in terms of clothes and footwear. It’ll all be grand and as long as the kids enjoy it that’s all that really matters x

39 minutes ago, Dancemumk8 said:

That’s the route we’re going down too in terms of clothes and footwear. It’ll all be grand and as long as the kids enjoy it that’s all that really matters x

That's good then.  I suspect we'll all have the same idea.  As long as the children are well turned out and wearing appropriate attire i'm sure it will be fine.  I'm sure they'll have a lovely time.

We’re waiting to hear the audition info too. We’ve done a LFT in anticipation of needing one. 
We are going to pack Bloch socks as they’ll be good for the lyrical class. I recall they said there would be Ballet, musical theatre and lyrical x

Edited by Cheshiredancemum