Hammond finals 2021

Raquelle

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Dancemumk8 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been successful so far. My DD would be going into yr8, has anyone heard back for that yr group yet? Kind of thinking she has been unsuccessful as no news either way at the moment.  

We are waiting for year 8 too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dancemumk8 said:

Maybe they allocate yr7s and see what they have left from acceptances? Who knows! 

Yes, who knows!!! If only we did 😂.  I was thinking the same. Surely they like to fill up year 7 first as priority, but ours in other yr groups could be waiting a while to hear then as some yr 7's won't accept until they've done all auditions at other schools and heard back from them too.  Huge well done to those yr 7's who have been offered funding though....brilliant news 😊😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Yes, who knows!!! If only we did 😂.  I was thinking the same. Surely they like to fill up year 7 first as priority, but ours in other yr groups could be waiting a while to hear then as some yr 7's won't accept until they've done all auditions at other schools and heard back from them too.  Huge well done to those yr 7's who have been offered funding though....brilliant news 😊😊

That’s my thinking to as they told me that they usually offer MDS to yr 7 first. They’ve all done amazing so if this is the end of the road for now I’ll still be proud as punch 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I was told by a teacher out off all the MDs offered last year all went to year 7’s,  I think about 12 in total with 56 places offered (out of the 80+ who applied) in total made up with fee paying. I know of 3 others who got a bursary of 30%, I think a girl joined in year 9 in September then offered a MDs after she started!!!!  Previous year all who made recalls got a 50% bursary if they didn’t get a MDS, no matter what year they were in.

congratulations to those who have had fab news today and those who havnt then don’t be lose the way as every cloud has a silver lining you just have to choose another route which might turn out to be a better route at the moment although it may not seem like it

1 minute ago, WrapsnBows said:

I was told by a teacher out off all the MDs offered last year all went to year 7’s,  I think about 12 in total with 56 places offered (out of the 80+ who applied) in total made up with fee paying. I know of 3 others who got a bursary of 30%, I think a girl joined in year 9 in September then offered a MDs after she started!!!!  Previous year all who made recalls got a 50% bursary if they didn’t get a MDS, no matter what year they were in.

congratulations to those who have had fab news today and those who havnt then don’t be lose the way as every cloud has a silver lining you just have to choose another route which might turn out to be a better route at the moment although it may not seem like 

Gosh, that doesn't sound too hopeful at all! 

Don’t give up hope, offers get turned down and they offer to the waiting list. Last year they had a higher than normal amount of awards to offer, Think there are normally 7 or 8. May be a bit of a wait as it sounds like some of the other schools are not going to get offers out quite so quickly.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

No for year 9. My poor dd now thinks she hasn't got funding and it's all gone to yr 7's!!.....quite possibly the case!! 🙈

In my DDs year ( she’s currently year 9) 10 got MDS in year 7, in year 8 another four joined with an MDS and I believe one was awarded to child starting last September in Year 9. Don’t give up hope ☘️.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonesy said:

No, she applied to Tring too but got waiting list. 

It's always a gamble applying for older years as there may be no places anyway. But, for us, year 7 was too young for dd to move away as we live hours from any of these schools. It took us 6 hours door to door to get up to The Hammond!

34 minutes ago, Flower said:

Has anyone had a straight ‘No sorry’ for any year?  Feel free to message me off list if you prefer x

Hammond don’t work it like this at the funding. Everyone is on the funding list and everyone is ranked in order, with the top however many being offered the mds and then they work down the list as people turn them down when they take other offers etc. People further down the list are offered mds every year so don’t give up hope yet. 

3 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Hammond don’t work it like this at the funding. Everyone is on the funding list and everyone is ranked in order, with the top however many being offered the mds and then they work down the list as people turn them down when they take other offers etc. People further down the list are offered mds every year so don’t give up hope yet. 

That sounds more positive. We'll keep waiting.....it's the hardest part!! 😂