Hammond finals 2021

Raquelle

2 hours ago, glowlight said:

Sorry if this seems obvious - but have you checked that an email hasn't gone into your 'junk' mail?

I suspect the generic email was an automated reply.

In answer to your question of whether you would usually be informed if you had been unsuccessful - I've never heard of a school which doesn't notify candidates that they have been unsuccessful.  But it is not uncommon for results to come out at different times, and there could be various reasons for this.

Still worth chasing up if you don't get a proper reply to your latest email soon though!

Hi glowlight, 

We have all been checking the mails!! Lol I have just had a reply to my second email. It states that some adjustments had to be made to dates ( diploma course) & that all auditions should have been seen by the end of this week & notifications to be sent out by the end of next week. Hope this help anyone else that is waiting. Maybe I'm just impatient, excited  or nervous!! Or all 3 lol. 

• Like 1

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve had the mds email from The Hammond but it says nothing about Covid test, numbers of children in the studio at one time etc. Do you think we’ll get this information at all? Or do we just assume they won’t want a test? Xx

1 hour ago, MrsR said:

We are Scotland too and I don’t know where to get either so hoping they don’t spring that on us later. 
If anyone has any recommendations for hotels nearby that would be great. 

The closest is the Travelodge which is about three minutes away from the school. The Premier Inn (Chester Central South) is nicer though and not too far. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

The closest is the Travelodge which is about three minutes away from the school. The Premier Inn (Chester Central South) is nicer though and not too far. 

I've booked a hotel but it doesn't do breakfast so just need to work out how to sort that..tricky as her audition is at 9 so don't want to get stressed trying to find somewhere... might have to take a cool box and breakfast with us...x 

23 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I've booked a hotel but it doesn't do breakfast so just need to work out how to sort that..tricky as her audition is at 9 so don't want to get stressed trying to find somewhere... might have to take a cool box and breakfast with us...x 

Hi Raquelle,

Could you not do breakfast bars / fresh juice or yoghurt drink? Or maybe a porridge that you can add hot water to? I would think there would be tea making facilities . 

Mj. 

• Like 1

I've sometimes stayed in a hotel chain that doesn't provide kettles so I have a travel kettle and I often take my own muesli and fresh fruit breakfast too.  There's something rather decadent about having breakfast in bed in a hotel!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mjdb said:

Hi Raquelle,

Could you not do breakfast bars / fresh juice or yoghurt drink? Or maybe a porridge that you can add hot water to? I would think there would be tea making facilities . 

Mj. 

Yes good idea...at least the hotel.prices are really low! Would have cost a fortune out of lockdown x 

8 hours ago, MrsR said:

We are Scotland too and I don’t know where to get either so hoping they don’t spring that on us later. 

We booked the travel lodge at Cheshire oaks. It’s about 3 miles away. We are about 4hrs driving so planning to arrive around 6pm so ds has time to relax. I’ve looked at restaurants that deliver on just eat and have found a couple of healthy options for dinner. I plan on bringing breakfast with me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Once when dd was auditioning we didn’t want to pay for breakfast which was an all you can eat buffet as it would have been too heavy to dance on. 

We took a porridge pot (that you add boiling water to, a cereal pot and small carton of UHT milk and a banana. 

21 hours ago, MrsR said:

Premier Inn Central South East only 5 mins away and also has a Sainsburys over the road so easy to get some porridge pots etc that you can make in room if they are not currently serving breakfast.

Good Luck to all for MDS audition x

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mum to a boy dancer said:

Has anyone heard from Hammond with the confirmed drop off/pick up times?
at this point I’m assuming the kids won’t need a Covid test. At least I hope not x

No I haven't...I'm not sure they can spring that on us now x 

re COVID test, I would get one just to be safe, (you can get them easily from centres a lover) they are being really thorough with pupils so would not think they will let anyone audition without. You done want to get stuck at the last minute, or worse if they are testing before audition, get there and test positive.. 

53 minutes ago, Mum to a boy dancer said:

Just spoke to Hammond. The kids will require a negative Covid test. Emails with details should be out today x

What if you aren't able to source a test at late notice though? It is a bit late to ask now I think? 

Just now, Raquelle said:

What if you aren't able to source a test at late notice though? It is a bit late to ask now I think? 

I asked that. We are in Scotland so access to tests is more difficult and we have to leave on Tuesday afternoon. 
they said that if you have any issues reply to the email and they will try to sort something. I’ve just phoned ds school begging for a lateral flow test. They will let me know today if I can get one but they are supposed to be for teachers only. Just more stress to add into the mix x

14 minutes ago, Mum to a boy dancer said:

I asked that. We are in Scotland so access to tests is more difficult and we have to leave on Tuesday afternoon. 
they said that if you have any issues reply to the email and they will try to sort something. I’ve just phoned ds school begging for a lateral flow test. They will let me know today if I can get one but they are supposed to be for teachers only. Just more stress to add into the mix x

Yes we have the same issue we are based in Wales and they aren't doing testing here. We are travelling to England Monday so I haven't really got the time to be trying to find a test last minute xxx thank you..hopefully they will help us sort something x 

I picked a couple of packs of lateral flow tests up from a collection point (leisure centre car park) yesterday - no details were taken, just the boxes handed over. Maybe have a look to see if you will pass a collection point on your journey? Hope you get sorted!

1 minute ago, BellaF said:

I picked a couple of packs of lateral flow tests up from a collection point (leisure centre car park) yesterday - no details were taken, just the boxes handed over. Maybe have a look to see if you will pass a collection point on your journey? Hope you get sorted!

That’s what I’m thinking. I can’t source one in Scotland at all x

I know this won’t help those Scotland or Wales based but for those in the UK  you can order a pack of lateral flow tests and they come within 2 days so if you order today you should be just in time.

My son is at Hammond and they’re very “on it” with regards to testing so am sure they will help out if you’re stuck.

You can turn up at a Leisure Centre near to Cheshire Oaks and get a test.  However they are also setting up a testing centre in the Cathedral too which may be in place by then.  I would imagine the school would be able to test anyone who is unable to source as test in advance.