Hammond finals 2021

Raquelle

Hi everyone thought I would start a thread as I don't think we have one for Hammond this year...just wondered if anyone has heard from Hammond recently about the finals? They said to keep an eye out for emails. I don't want to book a hotel until I know the date they have given me is definitely correct? I lost money booking a hotel for preliminaries just before they cancelled them so don't want to make the same mistake x 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/02/2021 at 18:11, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone thought I would start a thread as I don't think we have one for Hammond this year...just wondered if anyone has heard from Hammond recently about the finals? They said to keep an eye out for emails. I don't want to book a hotel until I know the date they have given me is definitely correct? I lost money booking a hotel for preliminaries just before they cancelled them so don't want to make the same mistake x 

Thanks for setting this thread up! X

I’ve had an email back from Hammond, to say that they are hoping to make a final decision this week for the recall auditions. So fingers crossed that we get information on the date by the end of this week.

They did also add that they haven’t completed the process with the initial Lower school auditions/ videos yet. So fingers also crossed for those waiting that you get news soon.

Edited by Cheshiredancemum
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:

I was told before the holidays they still had over 80% of auditions to go through unfortunately, so maybe a few more days before recalls are finalised 🙄

I'm a bit worried as I've accepted auditions on 16th and 19th on the basis hammond said probably 17th so if they change it I am not sure what we will do...hopefully it will stay the same x 

Hi, this is my first post & I was wondering if anyone had heard about 16+ recall auditions. My daughter sent her video audition off before the final date of 5th February but hasn't heard anything since then. Would they usually inform if an applicant has been successful or not. Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjdb said:

Hi, this is my first post & I was wondering if anyone had heard about 16+ recall auditions. My daughter sent her video audition off before the final date of 5th February but hasn't heard anything since then. Would they usually inform if an applicant has been successful or not. Thanks. 

Hi my dd has applied to the 6th form dance and we heard back on the 10th February, the day after they had viewed videos. We are waiting for Dada funding audition date. Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Mjdb and welcome to the Forum!

Hi Jan McNulty thank you. All new to this & really just trying to find out any info possible. So many questions but sitting tight till we have offers or not. Knowing either way is good but waiting is a pain!! 

6 hours ago, Mjdb said:

Hi,

Our deadline was 5th Feb too. We heard about our Yr 7 place today. Hopefully your news will be soon! 

25 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Congratulations everyone! Has anybody heard back yet about timings for the proposed final on the 17th at Hammond? We haven’t heard anything, I was wondering whether to email or not.

Seems like a lot are still waiting on results  never mind MDs /  recall info so unfortunately maybe a little more wait

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Congratulations everyone! Has anybody heard back yet about timings for the proposed final on the 17th at Hammond? We haven’t heard anything, I was wondering whether to email or not.

I've emailed twice Bunny as still holding off booking hotel till I know more...no response so far...hopefully we will hear soon..weirdly hammond were the first to send us results but the last to confirm details x 

• Like 1

Hi all, just to say I did email but haven't actually had an answer to my actual question but did receive a generic email reminding that the deadline was midnight 5th of March & that nothing would be accepted after this!  Lower school recall is 17th March & trinity diploma  23rd March. I know my dd was 5th Feb deadline so not sure why we haven't heard anything about her audition for the diploma course? 

2 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

@mjdb my student also had a deadline of the 5th Feb and they had their diploma offer and funding finals invite on the 24th Feb. 

Hi Bluebird22, it just seems so inconsistent? Do you usually get notified if either successful or unsuccessful. It's the first time we have done this so completely in the dark with how things work. I would have thought we should be contacted whatever the outcome? 

I haven’t had much experience with Hammond upper school, but for Hammond associates and every audition any of my students have done with any school/company etc they have been notified of the audition outcome whatever it is. Could you call them?

2 hours ago, Bluebird22 said:

I haven’t had much experience with Hammond upper school, but for Hammond associates and every audition any of my students have done with any school/company etc they have been notified of the audition outcome whatever it is. Could you call them?

Hi, I thought by emailing I would have got a response to my question not a generic email, which didn't even seem to pertain to us as our deadline was almost 4 weeks ago. I know it's a busy time so didn't want to phone. Just wondering why some people have had contact & others haven't. If I get no response tomorrow I will phone, would just like to know 1 way or the other so we can move forward. 

I would think with pupils starting to go back Sunday and all the logistics of testing etc they are probably run of their feet. Obviously all admin is currently being done from home, school will be back in next week so you may get more answers then.

good luck to all waiting, it really is a wonderful place. 

On 03/03/2021 at 21:31, Mjdb said:

Hi, I thought by emailing I would have got a response to my question not a generic email, which didn't even seem to pertain to us as our deadline was almost 4 weeks ago. I know it's a busy time so didn't want to phone. Just wondering why some people have had contact & others haven't. If I get no response tomorrow I will phone, would just like to know 1 way or the other so we can move forward. 

Sorry if this seems obvious - but have you checked that an email hasn't gone into your 'junk' mail?

I suspect the generic email was an automated reply.

In answer to your question of whether you would usually be informed if you had been unsuccessful - I've never heard of a school which doesn't notify candidates that they have been unsuccessful.  But it is not uncommon for results to come out at different times, and there could be various reasons for this.

Still worth chasing up if you don't get a proper reply to your latest email soon though!