• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

Hi

DD has been offered a place at Tring for September (letter has just arrived!). It says though that they can’t guarantee a boarding place yet. 

Is this normal? Is it safe to accept a day place (we live the other end of the country)?! 

Unfortunately I can’t answer your boarding question but huge congratulations to your dd xx

• Like 1

Congratulations!  Has your DD been invited to the funding audition?  Also do you need funding or can you take up the place anyway, lots of things come into play. If you are keen then you could accept the place subject to boarding being available.  Unless they have changed the system it always used to be one of three alternatives in the first letter.  A plain "no", a plain "yes", so you would be self funding, or a "yes" with invitation to Funding audition.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Congratulations!  Has your DD been invited to the funding audition?  Also do you need funding or can you take up the place anyway, lots of things come into play. If you are keen then you could accept the place subject to boarding being available.  Unless they have changed the system it always used to be one of three alternatives in the first letter.  A plain "no", a plain "yes", so you would be self funding, or a "yes" with invitation to Funding audition.  

Thanks. We don’t qualify for funding so it’s a blanket offer of a place. We may need to accept subject to a bed being free: it sounds like it’s reasonable to expect that will happen. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Congratulations. We got postman visit too and I am in shock - it is yes for DD with invite to funding audition. We opted for non bording as living about 45 minutes train journey away. 

So nice to hear good news on here with everything that's happening at the moment 😊 Well done to your DD!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Congratulations. We got postman visit too and I am in shock - it is yes for DD with invite to funding audition. We opted for non bording as living about 45 minutes train journey away. 

Amazing! Well done to your DD! 😊x

• Like 1

Hi everyone..my dd was offered a place but not a funding audition. However I have been watching views and her video doesn't appear to have been watched....I've contacted the registrar but I am confused as to whether they have maybe made a decision without watching the video. My dd is so upset as she can't go without funding and she loved the look of Tring. Has anyone else had this? X 

13 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone..my dd was offered a place but not a funding audition. However I have been watching views and her video doesn't appear to have been watched....I've contacted the registrar but I am confused as to whether they have maybe made a decision without watching the video. My dd is so upset as she can't go without funding and she loved the look of Tring. Has anyone else had this? X 

Sorry to hear your daughter is upset.  We sent our Tring video via OneDrive so couldn’t see if it had been viewed. How did you send it? has she applied to others school too? 

Just now, Ballet Power said:

Sorry to hear your daughter is upset.  We sent our Tring video via OneDrive so couldn’t see if it had been viewed. How did you send it? has she applied to others school too? 

I'm worried they just haven't viewed it as it was a vimeo link. I can see all the other schools have viewed her videos but Tring haven't so I don't understand really what has happened

16 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi congratulations on being offered a place, that is a really good achievement in itself. They must have watched the video for them to have offered a place, there will be lots of no's, so being offered a place is fab but disappointing at the same time. So sorry your DD is upset xx

2 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi congratulations on being offered a place, that is a really good achievement in itself. They must have watched the video for them to have offered a place, there will be lots of no's, so being offered a place is fab but disappointing at the same time. So sorry your DD is upset xx

Thanks hun. I honestly don't think you can watch a video though without it showing as a view. Even if you watch it for a second it records a view? It doesn't make sense to me...I suppose I just want to make sure after going through all the effort of making  video that it was actually watched x 

9 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Thanks hun. I honestly don't think you can watch a video though without it showing as a view. Even if you watch it for a second it records a view? It doesn't make sense to me...I suppose I just want to make sure after going through all the effort of making  video that it was actually watched x 

Yes of course you do and it will be interesting to see what they say. My DC got a straight no, so you DD did really well xx

• Like 1

Congratulations everyone with your results and I'm sorry for the ones who haven't had the response they hoped for. It's an arduous process. 

Regarding boarding please try not to worry. They changed to this working about 5/6 years ago but they always seem to find boarding for people who need it. Definitely of you receive funding then a bed is there too and if you can only attend with boarding then they seem to find it. 

Thinking of you all for the rest of the remaining time until this is all over. The horrible not knowing and worry regarding September is awful.

8 hours ago, Whiteduvet said:

Thanks. We don’t qualify for funding so it’s a blanket offer of a place. We may need to accept subject to a bed being free: it sounds like it’s reasonable to expect that will happen. 

Hi and congratulations to everyone. I posted on the wrong thread earlier but just wanted to say ds has a place with no funding. The also would want the registration deposit by the 22nd of Feb which might be earlier than we hear from other schools. Have you applied to other schools @Whiteduvet 

15 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi and congratulations to everyone. I posted on the wrong thread earlier but just wanted to say ds has a place with no funding. The also would want the registration deposit by the 22nd of Feb which might be earlier than we hear from other schools. Have you applied to other schools @Whiteduvet 

Yes but no results through yet and even if she gets to finals we won’t have a final answer by end of February. Only way it’ll work is if she doesn’t get finals: then those processes are over. 

15 hours ago, Busymum said:

Congratulations everyone with your results and I'm sorry for the ones who haven't had the response they hoped for. It's an arduous process. 

Regarding boarding please try not to worry. They changed to this working about 5/6 years ago but they always seem to find boarding for people who need it. Definitely of you receive funding then a bed is there too and if you can only attend with boarding then they seem to find it. 

Thinking of you all for the rest of the remaining time until this is all over. The horrible not knowing and worry regarding September is awful.

Thank you! This is reassuring. 

How are people returning the funding audition slips? I’ve emailed ours back to Adelia yesterday to see if an email copy would be acceptable, but haven’t heard back so am thinking it would probably be better to post it today, just to be on the safe side! x