11 hours ago, Flower said:

Hi Everyone 

what are you all doing about this LFT? How / where do I get one done?

we have to get one done for the RBS audition. Sometimes you can get them down locally at tests centres, do check though as our borough dont do under 16's. Ive ended up booking do  it privately so Im sure it be will done in time. Check your local borough website and call your GP practice first x

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Mrs Tea said:

we have to get one done for the RBS audition. Sometimes you can get them down locally at tests centres, do check though as our borough dont do under 16's. Ive ended up booking do  it privately so Im sure it be will done in time. Check your local borough website and call your GP practice first x

Thanks

On 28/02/2021 at 19:55, Flower said:

Hi Everyone 

what are you all doing about this LFT? How / where do I get one done?

Hi, if in Y6 I’ve read that  they’re making home testing kits available to all families of school aged children now (saw this somewhere on BBC the other day). So you could ask your school? We’re Y7 so will use the result from the weekly tests they’re having at secondary school when they go back as the result will be sent by text/email. x

Edited by busydanceparent
Extra information

38 minutes ago, busydanceparent said:

Hi, if in Y6 I’ve read that  they’re making home testing kits available to all families of school aged children now (saw this somewhere on BBC the other day). So you could ask your school? We’re Y7 so will use the result from the weekly tests they’re having at secondary school when they go back as the result will be sent by text/email. x

Thanks - actually yr 7 but not at school so can't access there.  I'll ask the GP for advice and then try the private hospitals.  Thanks everyone

Is there anyone who has submitted an audition video for the later audition date for the junior dance course? How long should we expect to wait to hear anything? Realistically, does anyone know if they actually take children from the second lot of auditions? We left it until the later date as we'd hoped to be in a studio by then!

11 hours ago, Dancemomdot said:

Is there anyone who has submitted an audition video for the later audition date for the junior dance course? How long should we expect to wait to hear anything? Realistically, does anyone know if they actually take children from the second lot of auditions? We left it until the later date as we'd hoped to be in a studio by then!

My daughter had until 25th and my friends daughter too. I am not sure how long until we hear anything, or if they do give offers to anyone in the second round. Auditions is new to us so it’s a bit of wait and see. We only auditioned for the one school too - but that was mainly because it is my daughters choice of school which she loved at the open day and for me this year has been hectic enough we settled for one audition. 
I imagine we will hear something by the end of March?

6 hours ago, Ljmk said:

My daughter had until 25th and my friends daughter too. I am not sure how long until we hear anything, or if they do give offers to anyone in the second round. Auditions is new to us so it’s a bit of wait and see. We only auditioned for the one school too - but that was mainly because it is my daughters choice of school which she loved at the open day and for me this year has been hectic enough we settled for one audition. 
I imagine we will hear something by the end of March?

I read here last year of some very late finals offers so I am sure they do review and consider all applications.  DD's friend was a last minute application a few years back and was offered a finals audition and wait list for scholarship.  Just unfortunate that there was no call with an offer.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, sorry if it’s already been asked before. How long roughly did everyone find out if their child got a yes or a no after the final date to audition on the email? My daughter rushed home from school today hoping for a letter so she would know if she got in or not 

TIA x

19 hours ago, Ljmk said:

Hi everyone, sorry if it’s already been asked before. How long roughly did everyone find out if their child got a yes or a no after the final date to audition on the email? My daughter rushed home from school today hoping for a letter so she would know if she got in or not 

TIA x

We are still waiting too. Thought it might appear in the mail by now. Thinking I might phone as it’s been a while

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrsR said:

We are still waiting too. Thought it might appear in the mail by now. Thinking I might phone as it’s been a while

I might do too. My friend just called asking if I have heard anything yet - but as they did say they would be looking at them the first week of March I’m guessing by the end of next week will we get our letters

1 minute ago, Ljmk said:

I might do too. My friend just called asking if I have heard anything yet - but as they did say they would be looking at them the first week of March I’m guessing by the end of next week will we get our letters

I emailed. So impatient 😂 

Hi, my dd today received invitation to MDS audition year 9 dance course which is on Saturday, so no time to prepare🙈 . Would anybody be able to give me some idea what to expect please? Is it a normal ballet class or also in person interview or should they prepare any own solos? What about a physio screening? So sorry for all the questions🙈 x

1 hour ago, EmDancer said:

Hi, my dd today received invitation to MDS audition year 9 dance course which is on Saturday, so no time to prepare🙈 . Would anybody be able to give me some idea what to expect please? Is it a normal ballet class or also in person interview or should they prepare any own solos? What about a physio screening? So sorry for all the questions🙈 x

Congratulations. Ours for year 7 says 90 minutes ballet class followed by physio assessment. My DD is very excited about studio class 🙂. Good luck everyone. 🤞

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

Congratulations. Ours for year 7 says 90 minutes ballet class followed by physio assessment. My DD is very excited about studio class 🙂. Good luck everyone. 🤞

Thank you so much @Mum of unicorn dancer :) Good luck to everyone too. I wish our dds could all get MDS places 🙏🤞. It will be very difficult for them to dance with masks...😥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flower said:

Hi everyone. For Tring today have they specified tights or socks does anyone know?  Thanks. Panicking about the hair now  too!  Good luck everyone x

The email doesn’t specify just advises it will be a ballet class so think either will be fine :) Good luck for today to everyone attending! My DS is very excited! 

• Like 1