• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.  My daughter has been offered a place on the waiting list for Tring for September 20 Yr 7 entry.  Does anyone know how long the waiting list is?  We've been told we'll find out in April which seems like such a long time to wait..!

It depends on the number of dancers who take up places after the funding audition. There are only a few funded places, so the others who attend the funding audition will then need to decide whether they can self fund or not. After that any spare places will then be offered to the waiting list.

Hi everyone,

I’m new on here and hoping someone can help with a Q, maybe someone who has already been through it hopefully! So we got the letter on Saturday to say she’s gained a place on the performance foundation junior course and she’s been invited to Audition for funding, stating she will take part in a modern class and deliver song and monologue, now does she just do what she’s already sent in or is it better to do new ones? I’ve emailed the school to ask and they have said it’s up to her, either do the same or new, I’m wondering what people have  done previously? I know this seems to be mostly about the kids who have applied for the dance course but hoping someone here has some knowledge on this? Has anyone else on here got a yes for the performance course? 

well done to all the kids who have gained a place for 2021 x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

I really doubt any of them will happen in March annoyingly ☹️

I am surprised that they’ve announced them today whilst we still await and update from Boris but I honestly think if schools do go back on 8th March then finals will be able to go ahead.

They wrote me this:  “We would like to offer Amelia the opportunity to attend our funding audition, which will be held in March, where she can be assessed for eligibility for a funded boarding place at Tring Park.”

58 minutes ago, jenesaisquoi said:

Has anyone heard about yr 10 places yet? My students for year 7, 9 and 12 have, so we’re wondering if they’ve not been sent yet or if we should chase? 

Think Fourth Form Dance should be the next lot of results out - hopefully !!

On 08/02/2021 at 18:45, Clarabelle said:

Hi everyone,

I’m new on here and hoping someone can help with a Q, maybe someone who has already been through it hopefully! So we got the letter on Saturday to say she’s gained a place on the performance foundation junior course and she’s been invited to Audition for funding, stating she will take part in a modern class and deliver song and monologue, now does she just do what she’s already sent in or is it better to do new ones? I’ve emailed the school to ask and they have said it’s up to her, either do the same or new, I’m wondering what people have  done previously? I know this seems to be mostly about the kids who have applied for the dance course but hoping someone here has some knowledge on this? Has anyone else on here got a yes for the performance course? 

well done to all the kids who have gained a place for 2021 x

Sorry don't have any advice to offer but well done to your DD for getting an offer! 

On 05/02/2021 at 20:21, tutugirl said:

If I may comment ( from personal experience )

I have sent several pupils to Moorlands .

The classes are small , it is like one big happy family .

The teachers are fantastic , with every child being nurtured and reaching  their potential .They are certainly holding their own amongst the other more established schools , and enter the major competitions etc .

My DS went to Tring , and received excellent classical and contemporary training there .

He is currently in his 4th year in a ballet company , where his excellent training has stood him in good stead .

He also gained good A level grades at Tring .

Many people write Tring off when it comes down to classical training ,but a good number of their students move on to the Royal Ballet upper school from the lower school, they have also produced medalists / prizewinners in the Genee and Ceccetti competitions .

Only my opinion , of course , but I would highly recommend both of these schools .

Happy to answer any questions.

Thank you Tutu girl, you were a great source of information last year too. Glad you are still here. (Off to look up Moorland)

14 hours ago, Asta said:

They wrote me this:  “We would like to offer Amelia the opportunity to attend our funding audition, which will be held in March, where she can be assessed for eligibility for a funded boarding place at Tring Park.”

Where are you based? Are you hanging for a boarding place or could she make it as day pupil? So confusing haha!

Hi all congratulations to eveyones DCs on audition results! 

Our DS has been offered a boarding place at Tring on the junior performance course starting in September and an audition for funding - so so excited! 

can anyone give us any advice on funding and how do we know if we are eligible for bursary - I am assuming all means tested but at what level?  We are fortunate that we could help fund some of this but absolutely no way all of it?  Can anyone give me an idea what levels of funding are offered and what is threshold of earnings to qualify? 

we have also had a yes today for WL audition but all aspects of performing are more my DS then just ballet, but not ruling out anything at this stage! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reggi said:

My DD has been offered Tring with a finding audition she is made up :) also we found out today she has got through to the Royal Ballet finals 😬

anyone know roughly how many get through to the finals?! X

I think last year it was about 60-70 girls and 30 boys through to WL finals . Congratulations to your DD xx 

7 hours ago, The red shoes said:

I think last year it was about 60-70 girls and 30 boys through to WL finals . Congratulations to your DD xx 

Wow that’s a lot!!!! I’m just made up she’s got this far! Not holding out for anything more! So so hard to get in! Excited to go back to white lodge I went as a child xx

• Like 2