• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Was he in a group of all boys from yr7 - yr10? 

No, there were only 4 boys in his group. The group that came out before his I don’t think there were any boys in it. There were a few children looked taller than the rest in his group but no idea whether it was mixed age group. He is for Y7 entry x

Edited by Bunny

Just now, BbcBoy said:

Aw we were the 1.30pm slot, hope it went well for him? My DS really enjoyed it, said there was 6 in his group. 🤞

Yes, he absolutely loved it thank you, glad your DS did too! There was 6 in his group too, I think there were 4 groups of 6. They have all done so well to get so far!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BbcBoy said:

Aw we were the 1.30pm slot, hope it went well for him? My DS really enjoyed it, said there was 6 in his group. 🤞

My DS was in that group too. :) I think there are 4 of us (inc you) on here whose DS were in that session. They were a lovely group of boys. 

I mean, they are all lovely of course, I was just so relieved when DS came out beaming and saying everyone in the group were friendly and they had lots of fun. It certainly made the day worthwhile. 

It’s good to hear the other sessions were like that too. It must make a huge difference to their confidence if they are happy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bunny said:

No, there were only 4 boys in his group. The group that came out before his I don’t think there were any boys in it. There were a few children looked taller than the rest in his group but no idea whether it was mixed age group. He is for Y7 entry x

My DD was in the earlier group that came out 11:30, which was all girls. My DD thought they were numbered 1 - 21 which they separated into two groups for ballet class and physio x

6 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

DC's friend was in an older age group later in the afternoon.  Does anyone know how many MDS might be available for years 8 to 10?  

My dd was the very last group, I think numbers went all the way to 60🙈. No idea about how many MDS though 😔

11 hours ago, Dance.Mum said:

DC's friend was in an older age group later in the afternoon.  Does anyone know how many MDS might be available for years 8 to 10?  

There are usually only have five or six maximum each year but some do seem to go to those entering later years and not just Year 7.

1 hour ago, BbcBoy said:

So am I right in thinking if no scholarship offered then it’s still not means tested and that it’s full fees? 

or is it all children in final MDA audition could get offered something? Thanks

No, the MDS funding audition is for means tested funded places and not scholarships. They only give out 3 in year7 from what I have been told and then a few to the rest of the school. If you don’t get a funded places you need to fund the fees yourself 😳 A reason why we opted out of Tring and just went for RBS and Elmhurst x

6 minutes ago, EmDancer said:

No fee for funded audition to pay. X

No. They are very good like that. You know where you stand (No, Yes, funding audition) and there’s no extra payment. (It means they don’t waste their time too)

Hi, does anyone who attended last weekend's auditions have any tips for covid friendly Tring? We're staying at the Premier Inn the night before but of course, no food is available including breakfast. Did anyone get takeaways delivered and what did you do for the 2.5 hours of the audition with no cafes etc open? All tips gratefully received!

16 minutes ago, Yrosered said:

Hi, does anyone who attended last weekend's auditions have any tips for covid friendly Tring? We're staying at the Premier Inn the night before but of course, no food is available including breakfast. Did anyone get takeaways delivered and what did you do for the 2.5 hours of the audition with no cafes etc open? All tips gratefully received!

We got a takeaway delivered to the premier inn but there wasn’t a lot of choice on JustEat, it’s a very small place. For breakfast we took our own, just fruit and croissants and yoghurts. On the day of the audition it ended up raining so we did a small walk around and then came back to the car to wait. 

24 minutes ago, Yrosered said:

If the weather is good you can walk to Tring Park.  You reach it from the Natural History Museum car park.  The path leads you over the A41 and up into the park to the south of Tring.  It is up hill and will be wet underfoot so take boots or good walking shoes at this time of year.  The views are lovely and you an look back down on the school, if you go far enough.  There is plenty of time for a really good walk and it's quick enough to get back down in time for pick-up wherever you end up getting to in it!

The farmers' market will be open if you are there on a Friday.  Plenty of places for take-way drinks and snacks and a M&S food.  Off the High Street and down a lane so not so easy to find but it is there and handy.  Would recommend Espresso Lounge for good coffee and cake.  They are at the bottom end of the High Street between the Robin Hood pub and the car park.

Does anyone have any idea how many scholarships they tend to give out each year? Particularly for the junior performance course as they don’t qualify for Mds 

My daughter had her funding audition today (for year 8 entry) but no word on what maybe available or how many are generally invited to audition at this stage?

She had a lovely morning, said all the staff were really friendly and she came out smiling! Well done to others  who have already auditioned and good luck to those yet to do so 

It is so unclear, hoping we all find out soon. Does anyone else know if there are any more auditions this week or are they done? 

my DS was in first group yesterday and came out beaming had such a good morning.  Good luck to everyone 🤞