• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else still not heard back from Tring?  I feel like its been an eternity.  My daughter was on the waitlist and I emailed to ask if they had an idea where abouts she was/how long it would take them to decide and I've not had a response....  Is anyone else still waiting??  Its so frustrating and it really is taking far too long....

41 minutes ago, Zonzin said:

Has anyone else still not heard back from Tring?  I feel like its been an eternity.  My daughter was on the waitlist and I emailed to ask if they had an idea where abouts she was/how long it would take them to decide and I've not had a response....  Is anyone else still waiting??  Its so frustrating and it really is taking far too long....

We are waiting.. I talked to the registrar and she said they want our decision at the end of the month if we take a place with full fees. 

• Like 1

I understand the deadline of the end of the month, most schools have offered now, so only fair to those with multiple offers to decide, freeing up places to waiting list children, who may only have that one reserve place, good luck everyone on deciding and those on waiting lists...

• Like 2

Hi all sorry for silence we were waiting till 100% confirmed. So proud of DS he got a scholarship for year 7 performance foundation course with boarding!  Taken a while to agree as bursary was not as much as we had hoped - I think there is a real struggle this year with covid paying a huge part in not as much funding.  So we have taken decision to do what ever it takes to make it work for him, it’s a huge financial commitment but we know he is worth it.  I hope all those on wait lists hear soon. X

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Zonzin said:

I think everyone who gets to finals is waitlisted until September. I think chances for most people are very slim which is why they say not to contact them :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine girl said:

Yes, I agree, but a few little miracles happen, there will be a few lucky ones on waiting lists x

Absolutely- I didn’t say impossible! Just it’s better to have a surprise miracle than spend you time agonisingly waiting for a call that’s  so unlikely. It’s hard 😞

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BbcBoy said:

Hi all sorry for silence we were waiting till 100% confirmed. So proud of DS he got a scholarship for year 7 performance foundation course with boarding!  Taken a while to agree as bursary was not as much as we had hoped - I think there is a real struggle this year with covid paying a huge part in not as much funding.  So we have taken decision to do what ever it takes to make it work for him, it’s a huge financial commitment but we know he is worth it.  I hope all those on wait lists hear soon. X

Amazing!! 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 21:48, Flower said:

I think everyone who gets to finals is waitlisted until September. I think chances for most people are very slim which is why they say not to contact them :( 

Hi @FlowerDoes this mean around 60 dancers on the waiting list from finales? If you take away a handful of MDS already awarded do you think there are now around 50 potential wait listed? 😥🙈 x

I’m afraid I didn’t hear of anyone who didn’t get waitlisted after finals last year. Be nice if I’m wrong, but I think it’s a long list and a “thanks but No thanks” for most people. Obviously some people are going to be in with a chance but you don’t know. Happy to be proved wrong  if anyone wants to say that they got a flat No after finals, but dd was waitlisted last year and this, and this year - first time back in the studio etc - she said herself it wasn’t her best. 

3 minutes ago, Flower said:

I’m afraid I didn’t hear of anyone who didn’t get waitlisted after finals last year. Be nice if I’m wrong, but I think it’s a long list and a “thanks but No thanks” for most people. Obviously some people are going to be in with a chance but you don’t know. Happy to be proved wrong  if anyone wants to say that they got a flat No after finals, but dd was waitlisted last year and this, and this year - first time back in the studio etc - she said herself it wasn’t her best. 

Thank you @Flower at least this gives me some idea of what to expect or rather not expect😥. X

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 17:49, Asta said:

We are waiting.. I talked to the registrar and she said they want our decision at the end of the month if we take a place with full fees. 

Hello Asta.  So does your child have multiple offers?  Thats great and well done to her/him!  I thought Tring was the last one to decide, but obvs there are other schools still waiting for places to be confirmed.  I realise that being on the waitlist for Tring doesnt really hold much hope of getting a place, but its a tough wait out none the less.  Good luck to everyone waiting on any school waitlist, and huge congrats to those who have had offers. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zonzin said:

Hello Asta.  So does your child have multiple offers?  Thats great and well done to her/him!  I thought Tring was the last one to decide, but obvs there are other schools still waiting for places to be confirmed.  I realise that being on the waitlist for Tring doesnt really hold much hope of getting a place, but its a tough wait out none the less.  Good luck to everyone waiting on any school waitlist, and huge congrats to those who have had offers. 

Yes, this is correct. I would like to make a quicker decision, hope I could do it before 1 May. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Asta said:

Yes, this is correct. I would like to make a quicker decision, hope I could do it before 1 May. 

How exciting! If everything was equal (no costs involved) which would you take? (Of the ones you actually have to choose between)?

2 minutes ago, Flower said:

How exciting! If everything was equal (no costs involved) which would you take? (Of the ones you actually have to choose between)?

I’ve asked my daughter- she chooses Tring :)

Just now, Flower said:

Interesting 🤔. Looks very good. Just asked mine and she says she can’t decide between Moorland and Tring.  

Have you visited Moorland? We still haven’t seen the school because of covid

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tring has an excellent academic reputation. It’s a major reason we were happy to let DC attend: dancing is a hugely vulnerable career and we wanted to be certain she had really good academics to rely on, should she change her mind/dancing not be for her. 

• Like 1