Period pants recommendations for under leotard

Confuddled

I’ve had a search but can’t find any recent threads, and I know there are lots of new brands and products. Can anyone recommend period pants that are high legged enough to go under a leotard and come in a colour that won’t show under a leotard? Size 8 would be too big, I think, but better than nothing if nowhere does a size 6. Thanks!

Modibodi come in beige - https://www.modibodi.co.uk/collections/underpants/products/classic-bikini-light-moderate-absorbency and don't stick out my leotard (admittedly it'll depend on the cut of the leg holes). They do them in various aborbancies and they do a seam free and a thong version though I haven't tried them to recommend. 

Sizing is accurate - I'm usually a 10/12 in underwear and wear a 12 in Modibodi - though the elastic on the pants is tight enough I do size up to a 14 for wearing under leotards to avoid any lumpy dents. 

You see I was wondering about pants for vocational school for my Dd......but then wondered how happy they would be about washing them. Anyone else's dd wear them at a school.awayfrom home? I have bought her a pack of Always to take with her.......only going to be yr 7 and hasnt started yet though.

It does say in the instructions that you should rinse under running water as soon as you take them off. So as far as washing They would be pretty clean. If the sinks are communal I can’t imagine they’d want to do that though

Yeah I wear them you see, aswell as reusable pads. They get rinsed and put in a wet bag and then into the washer altogether.....but they also have to be washed with non bio and without conditioner. I just dont think the laundry dept would want a wet bag full of pads and pants, and take that much care of them.

• Like 1

There was someone on the thread that Anna linked into this thread who’s Dd was using the modibodi knickers at vocational school.

My Dd would probably have been reluctant to use them whilst at vocational school because of the laundering issues. 

And in answer to @Peony they come in different absorbencies and Dd happy feels secure in them even on work days.   

• Like 2

On 18/08/2020 at 14:01, balletgremlin said:

Modibodi come in beige - https://www.modibodi.co.uk/collections/underpants/products/classic-bikini-light-moderate-absorbency and don't stick out my leotard (admittedly it'll depend on the cut of the leg holes). They do them in various aborbancies and they do a seam free and a thong version though I haven't tried them to recommend. 

Sizing is accurate - I'm usually a 10/12 in underwear and wear a 12 in Modibodi - though the elastic on the pants is tight enough I do size up to a 14 for wearing under leotards to avoid any lumpy dents. 

I didn't even know these existed! Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 24/09/2021 at 15:10, DancingShoes said:

Hi,

I know this has been discussed many times but just saw this and thought it might help some people

https://www.facebook.com/268630863997118/posts/960448888148642/?sfnsn=scwspmo

Wish they'd been around when I was a teenager. 

Unfortunately all the 6/xs and 8/xs are out of stock in nude. 

Edited by SJBallet
Correct info

• 2 weeks later...

They say 2-3 tampons equivalent and I’d say that’s pretty accurate. Some of the other brands are less good and I’m not sure about the high leg style. They also do an overnight one which is the equivalent of 3-4 tampons

• Like 1

Mooncup and period pants. Perfect combination has been my solution for heavy periods! I haven't tried the leotard-friendly ones though as I have a 3 month old baby so that's not really been on the cards lately (neither has ballet for the past three months as I can't leave him for long enough yet! Hoping to take him to an adults workshop in the sling in a couple of weeks!!). But Mooncup and a liner used to work fine so I'd think the pants would be ok. But everyone's different! And teenagers might be less keen on a cup? But they do collect a lot more than a tampon and I find much more comfortable, even pre-baby, and less leakage for me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have just seen this Canadian company do period tights and leotards.

My daughter is not yet grappling with this, but thought it might be of interest to older girls and women who dance:

https://www.knixteen.ca/products/leakproof-tights-teens

Specially the tights, as the leo obviously needs to be uniform in most circumstances.

Have not seen a UK equivalent.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this.  At a time when the England women's football team are changing the colour of their shorts from white and Wimbledon is even dropping its all-white dress code in relation to women's knickers (will there still be a need for Annabel Croft's "Diary Dolls" products?!), it's good to know that items like this are coming onto the market to help spare women embarrassment.  I often wondered how players managed decades ago, when sanitary protection was in the dark ages compared with what's available now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DD uses the M&S ones. They do different styles and absorbencies, plus they seem to wash really well (she’s very irregular so they’re in constant use in case of emergencies!). She has some high leg pink ones that she wears quite happily under all of her leotards. 

They have size 6 online, but the size 8 are quite tight fitting. Definitely worth a try if you’re after something inexpensive and easily available!