Tring dance auditions/results 2019

Ms Sunshine

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/01/2019 at 20:37, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Just shows how everyone is different. My dd really didn’t like it and said she could not see herself living there for 3 years. 

DD did a summer school there and whilst she had a good time, doesn't want to consider it for the future. 

Yes it's true, every school appeals to different children and families at different times, and for different reasons! Just out of interest Pixiewoo, which summer course did your dd do this summer - was it the dance course, musical theatre or other?   

10 hours ago, Glacier said:

Yes it's true, every school appeals to different children and families at different times, and for different reasons! Just out of interest Pixiewoo, which summer course did your dd do this summer - was it the dance course, musical theatre or other?   

She did the musical theatre course. She loves ballet too, and it was hard to choose between the two courses. She just wasn't taken by the whole feel of the place.

Just a thought....maybe they’re doing it in order of audition date? My dd  did her audition on the 9th so earlier in that big week of auditions. The letter is personalised, referring to dd by name throughout so they’d take time to do. 🤞🤞🤞for everyone 

• Like 1

My dd had audition for Performance Foundation course (year 10 2019) on Jan 16th...how long have you had to wait? Daughter hoping its the 2 weeks the head said but the receptionist hinted at 3 !! I know most on here are here for pure dance but any others for PF/MT?  Congratulations to everyone that has had good news!! The wait is killing us !!!

Could someone explain the funding to me? Tring is on DDs list for auditions next year. I am all new to vocational school so have no idea, but thought there was a scheme which was means tested so meant I would pay fees based on how much I earned (from looking at RBS and Elmhurst). Is it not the same for Tring? Sorry if i sound really stupid 😂

Edited by sunrise81

Hi Sunrise81, not stupid at all! It’s all very confusing when you’re new to it. You are right, all UK students at RBS lower school are entitled to MDS funding if they meet the household income criteria. I think Elmhurst is the same, (though have heard exceptions to this) and Tring have far fewer MDS places on offer so only selected candidates are invited to the funding audition. Hope this helps a little and sure others can clarify re Elmhurst. 

Lower school funding for RBS, Elmhurst, Tring and The Hammond is vis MDS scheme which is means tested.  For upper school the funding changes a bit.  RBS still MDS, Elmhurst DaDa, Tring DaDa but occasionally MDS, The Hammond DaDa. All means tested but DaDa does not include accommodation. 

Had a quick search online.  There is no update for 2019-20 on the Government site, it only shows the list of institutions with DADAs for 2018-19, so maybe decisions haven't been made yet.  Tring Park's own website says nothing about DADAs for 6th form dance, just that the funding audition is for scholarships. 

Just heard daughter on Tring Wait list for Year 10 Perf. Foundation; does anyone have any experience of how this works? Words of wisdom ?! Is this really a NO? I think daughter will read it as such...the letter says due to pressure of pupil numbers and they hope to let us know by end of march. Any insight would be welcome, thanks.

Hello Cotswoldmum and welcome. ☺️  In my experience, schools have no compunction about sending ACTUAL “No” letters (albeit worded nicely) so a Waiting List place certainly isn’t a no; it’s more of a “more good applicants than there are places” issue.  

Waiting list places can and do come up; if a student has more than one offer then at some point they will have to accept one school - at which point they will (or should) notify the other schools who then start to make their way down the list.  

I’ve heard of people being offered places right up until the start of the school year but obviously this leaves no time to arrange practicalities so your dd would need to have a Plan B in place.  

As they’ve given you a rough deadline of the end of March that’s positive though.  Even if a place doesn’t come up, your dd should take encouragement from being offered waiting list.  Best of luck!

• Like 5