Tring dance auditions/results 2019

Ms Sunshine

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Starlight69 said:

My dd has been awarded a mds for year 7 - she was  kept to see the physio... Very proud parents ❤️ 

Congratulations to your DD and good luck to everyone waiting to hear.

Did anyone get through to the scholarship stage that auditioned on February 18th? I know it was the final audition date, and an extra one they added. Trying to convince myself that by then they'd already decided the scholarship audtionees rather than the fact my DD failed....bless her, she was fine about it. I was more upset. 

Well done to everyone who got in or on the waiting list!! X

16 hours ago, Shellbell12 said:

Did anyone get through to the scholarship stage that auditioned on February 18th? I know it was the final audition date, and an extra one they added. Trying to convince myself that by then they'd already decided the scholarship audtionees rather than the fact my DD failed....bless her, she was fine about it. I was more upset. 

My dd did, & was offered mds.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shellbell12 said:

You’re Dd definitely didn’t fail!! Through everything she does she’s learning and watching and gaining vital experience. Sometimes it just takes more work ( in the right areas of course ) and can take several attempts to get to where she wants to be.

• Like 1

That’s exactly what I was thinking - she hasn’t failed. There are just so many dc going for such a few places. A lucky few get what they want on their first try, others have to keep at it for longer. Last year one of dd’s friends didn’t get past the first round of auditions at Tring, but then got to WL finals and given a Mids place - go figure!

1 hour ago, Starlight69 said:

My dd did, & was offered mds.

Starlight69 by any chance did your letter tell you of how many MDS were given out? I have only heard of you and one other! 

Did you do Elmhurst or Hammond? How did you get on there?

19 hours ago, Shellbell12 said:

You did say earlier that it was your DD's first audition so well done to her for going for a vocational place.  As others have said it is not that she failed in any way.  There will be hundreds of applications for Tring and only a few are given offers and not all of those will get a scholarship audition.  None of us has a crystal ball to know why our DC get offered one thing and not another.  The Forum members are many but there will be just as many people out there not on the Forum with experiences of yeses and nos.  Everyone has a no at some point, often several in a row but we only hear from those who wish to share this as we do with the yeses.  She will have been up against those with and without experience and at this level potential is what they are looking for.  She can move on from this with the audition experience under her belt.  Ask her teacher(s) for some advice on how to go forward and try again in the future.

Edited by junedancer
  • Like 1

On 27/03/2019 at 12:31, Felicity said:

Starlight69 by any chance did your letter tell you of how many MDS were given out? I have only heard of you and one other! 

Did you do Elmhurst or Hammond? How did you get on there?

I have no idea - I've only heard of one other year 7 entry child.  We didn't try Hammond & letters not out for Elmhurst yet.  Hope that helps.

On 27/03/2019 at 14:22, junedancer said:

You did say earlier that it was your DD's first audition so well done to her for going for a vocational place.  As others have said it is not that she failed in any way.  There will be hundreds of applications for Tring and only a few are given offers and not all of those will get a scholarship audition.  None of us has a crystal ball to know why our DC get offered one thing and not another.  The Forum members are many but there will be just as many people out there not on the Forum with experiences of yeses and nos.  Everyone has a no at some point, often several in a row but we only hear from those who wish to share this as we do with the yeses.  She will have been up against those with and without experience and at this level potential is what they are looking for.  She can move on from this with the audition experience under her belt.  Ask her teacher(s) for some advice on how to go forward and try again in the future.

Thankyou for your kind words....all very much appreciated. X

On 27/03/2019 at 11:20, valentina said:

You’re Dd definitely didn’t fail!! Through everything she does she’s learning and watching and gaining vital experience. Sometimes it just takes more work ( in the right areas of course ) and can take several attempts to get to where she wants to be.

Thankyou, you're right of course....but as parents we tend to take it harder. X

27 minutes ago, Ms Sunshine said:

We have handed back a mds offer for year 7 x 

Have just seen your post on the other forum. That is amazing that your daughter got all three! Massive congratulations!

mine on wait list for MDS for Tring so fingers crossed we will hear something! 

There has been lots of movement on Tring MDs offers.... We got phone call early last week offering my dd a place off wait list, we have accepted.

Any other girls going to Tring? Think it would be nice to connect them b4 they go.

Xxx

Edited by K155srv
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, K155srv said:

There has been lots of movement on Tring MDs offers.... We got phone call early last week offering my dd a place off wait list, we have accepted.

Any other girls going to Tring? Think it would be nice to connect them b4 they go.

Xxx

Congratulations 

c4d

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, not quite on topic but this is the closest thread I could find.  

My DD is starting sixth form at Tring and the teacher who does the saturday classes there advised that she do her advanced 2 before she goes to Tring.  She's only been on the syllabus for a year, if that, and finds it really hard so she doesn't want to do it, and her teacher doesn't want her to do it.

Basically she's not ready.  

Will this disadvantage her at Tring?  Will most other people have done their advanced 2 by year 12?  I thought she would be better to wait then she could at least be in a class with other kids who are going to do the exam (she's pretty much on her own at her school).  It's so expensive to do the exam, and I think you have to get a very good mark or it's not worth your while doing it.  

Any thoughts?

x o

Unless things have changed recently, RAD Vocational exam classes are optional extras held on Saturdays.  It is unlikely that many, if any, students will have taken Adv 2.  Dancers starting in 6th form will not necessarily have studied the RAD syllabus at all, so if they wished to do so would have to take the exams in order, i.e. Intermediate and Advanced 1, before starting Adv 2.  The same happens with Cecchetti syllabus exams (held one evening).  So not to worry.

• Like 2