Tring dance auditions/results 2019

Ms Sunshine

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeek....we were there today but not kept for physio, my daughter went away very disappointed. Almost tears in her eyes. I told her it doesn’t mean anything and not to read into it! Now it’s the waiting game! Tutu girl I believe they said they would sit down at the end of the day and make their decisions and try to get letters out ASAP. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Ah that makes more sense !

The Dad was only half listening then !!

My pupil was in the first audition today - 8.45 am

there were only 11 in the group , and similar in the other group , so your DD did exceptionally well to get that far - regardless of the outcome .

Is she doing Hammond and Elmhurst finals too ? 

All the best anyway ,

Tutugirl 

Timeflies, 2 people above have stated they got offered mds awards but were sent away and not seen for physio so it does happen. I know it happens at WL too as it happened to my friends daughter. So I’m still keeping fingers crossed!

Edited by Felicity

Tutu girl, my daughter was in the same as yours then as we were first thing too! 

We didnt audition for Hammond at all, just felt it was a bit too far for us. She did audition for Elmhurst but no call back. I’m guessing you are doing these ones? Good luck and let me know how Tring goes for you! 

Edited by Felicity

I don’t feel very positive at all after a parent whose DD did have physio today was more or less told if your sent for physio you are being considered for funding! I haven’t mentioned this to my daughter but I could tell she was disappointed 😔 

1 hour ago, Felicity said:

Eeek....we were there today but not kept for physio, my daughter went away very disappointed. Almost tears in her eyes. I told her it doesn’t mean anything and not to read into it! Now it’s the waiting game! Tutu girl I believe they said they would sit down at the end of the day and make their decisions and try to get letters out ASAP. Fingers crossed for everyone!

We’re in the same boat as you and I’m afraid I’m now not at all hopeful as I saw who they kept back and all strong dancers and some WL finalists, so I’ve written it off. Got elmhurst later in the week just hope she can keep it together until the end of Thursday so she comes away feeling ok about it, whatever happens. Really good luck to everyone else for anything else your dc are going for this week.

Edited by Dopedeedoo

The year my dd did funding audition only people taken to physio were offered mds places initially. However some of these turned them down as they got offers elsewhere and they subsequently offered mds to people on the reserve list who hadn’t all seen physio. 

Good luck to all waiting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, amos73 said:

The year my dd did funding audition only people taken to physio were offered mds places initially. However some of these turned them down as they got offers elsewhere and they subsequently offered mds to people on the reserve list who hadn’t all seen physio. 

Good luck to all waiting.

This was the point I was about to make too.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bellaballerina's mum said:

Did anybody pick up on how many are being awarded?

The number is always quite small relative to the other schools with MDS and varies from year to year.  They will have a number that they know they can offer but that will be supplemented in the coming weeks when they know which 5th formers with MDS are leaving and if pupils in lower years are leaving.

Bed places are also tight so lots of juggling to fit everyone in as there can be movement within the current student population from year to year.

Sorry this doesn't help much but hopefully puts it in some context.

• Like 1

My ds was at Tring on Monday. He didn't get asked for physio. He was gutted. He said it was all the good ones who went through. He is going for Year 10 entry and said there were 5 in his audition who were full timers from WL. I'm gutted for him. It makes me sad as we can never compete with that. We live in a rural location with limited access to quality dance training yet he is expected to be as good as those that have spent 3 years at one of the best ballet schools in the world. I told him just to be proud that they had even thought he could compete at that level.

He has Elmhurst tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath now we know the quality of who he is up against. He (we)can't give any more. He will have to focus on GCSE'S for the next couple of years so dance will have to take second fiddle unless he is in a supported environment. 

• Like 1

I heard 5-6 MDS places in total but that could be for just year 7 I find it all so confusing. Basically very few!  Sounds like it’s an evolving thing over the next few weeks though. I asked them a few months ago and that was an estimate but have heard it from others since. Balletbrokemybank given the higher amount of funding available your son could have s better chance at elmhurst.... fingers crossed for him. After 24 hours of feeling very upset I’m now more calm, but it is hard to deal with when you’d rather take the hit than have them on the receiving end. Good luck to all this week.

Edited by Dopedeedoo
  • Like 1

Balletbrokemybank

Dont worry about the WL boys - because they may well end up going to Elmhurst or Hammond .

Not everyone who is offered an MDS at Tring accepts it .

Best of luck for Elmhurst - and I believe you already were offered Hammond ?

9 hours ago, balletbrokemybank said:

My ds was at Tring on Monday. He didn't get asked for physio. He was gutted. He said it was all the good ones who went through. He is going for Year 10 entry and said there were 5 in his audition who were full timers from WL. I'm gutted for him. It makes me sad as we can never compete with that. We live in a rural location with limited access to quality dance training yet he is expected to be as good as those that have spent 3 years at one of the best ballet schools in the world. I told him just to be proud that they had even thought he could compete at that level.

He has Elmhurst tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath now we know the quality of who he is up against. He (we)can't give any more. He will have to focus on GCSE'S for the next couple of years so dance will have to take second fiddle unless he is in a supported environment. 

A little story of hope maybe.  My Ds auditioned for year 10 entry at Tring.  He was not vocationally trained at that point, was intermediate level.  He was very fortunate to be offered an MDS the very day after funding audition.  There are always WL students auditioning and most will be offered places at all the other vocational school.  When my son started Tring in the September, 2 WL students had been given MDS and had started Tring in the summer term.  

The competitiin is very very strong for places but if it is meant to be it will be.  If it is not right at this time you have to trust he is better where he is. 

9 hours ago, Dopedeedoo said:

I heard 5-6 MDS places in total but that could be for just year 7 I find it all so confusing. Basically very few!  Sounds like it’s an evolving thing over the next few weeks though. I asked them a few months ago and that was an estimate but have heard it from others since. Balletbrokemybank given the higher amount of funding available your son could have s better chance at elmhurst.... fingers crossed for him. After 24 hours of feeling very upset I’m now more calm, but it is hard to deal with when you’d rather take the hit than have them on the receiving end. Good luck to all this week.

Tring offer MDS to the students they want from year 7 to 10 entry.  The number above seems consistent with most years. Students on MDS in lower school are also able to take it through to upper school if they wish to stay. Of course with the change in dance director this could all change in the future. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

What does the physio check again in the recall? Could you have of passed physio on first check?

There isn't any other physio check at Tring. At the funding audition they select a group who go for physio, the rest never get seen by the physio

On 18/03/2019 at 21:15, Felicity said:

Timeflies, 2 people above have stated they got offered mds awards but were sent away and not seen for physio so it does happen. I know it happens at WL too as it happened to my friends daughter. So I’m still keeping fingers crossed!

Felicity i have personal experience of this and everyone sat waiting for physio got mds but like I said things could have changed last couple of years 

good luck to you all! 

Edited by Timeflies19