RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sarahw, Thank youi for sharing the link.

DanceMum83, based on 2015/16 RBS annual report 1160 candidates came to audition for RBS JA program last year of which 1011 were girls. 117 girls were admitted across year 4,5,6.

In London we had 355 candidates and 26 intake, That equates to only 7 percent admittance rate or 1 of 14 girls being invited to join.

149 boys auditioned for 48 places across all 8 centers fot year 4,5,6. In London 65 candidates compete for 15 places. 23 percent or every fifth boy were lucky to join the program.  This year there were 1300 candidates and statistics will appear online at the beginning of next year.

There are no published split of how many girls were invited in year 4,5 or 6.  You will be able to see it on 9 September at the begining of the class. Congratulations to you and your daughter and her teacher. There is a lot of work done by the team. X

IMG_1952.PNG

Edited by Annasophia
  • Like 1

Hi, can't believe the time is nearly here, first class next weekend! Has anyone had an invoice yet or heard anything about funding? We're waiting to here about help with travel costs and wondering when we will hear as I'm sure I read we would be invoiced in August?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

We don't start in Leeds til the 23rd.......my mum is currently making her skirt!!!! Not had an invoice yet either. Thought it was August too, and want to get it paid so I can sort out a holiday for next year! 

First class in Eastleigh is

on 16/09. Was told invoices will be sent out in September.

5 minutes ago, ButterflyBallerina said:

I have been wondering the same ! First class is 09/09 and not had anything through yet . X

Yes our first class is 9th in birmingham ja1 class, thought they starting to cut it fine now. My dd is on hourly countdown now, she's so excited!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MoreExcited said:

Yes our first class is 9th in birmingham ja1 class, thought they starting to cut it fine now. My dd is on hourly countdown now, she's so excited!

We are the same Birmingham ja1 ! 

Can't quite believe it's next week! We are looking forward to it :D ! Picking up her skirt this weekend ! X

• Like 3

On 28/08/2017 at 06:32, Annasophia said:

Hi Sarahw, Thank youi for sharing the link.

DanceMum83, based on 2015/16 RBS annual report 1160 candidates came to audition for RBS JA program last year of which 1011 were girls. 117 girls were admitted across year 4,5,6.

In London we had 355 candidates and 26 intake, That equates to only 7 percent admittance rate or 1 of 14 girls being invited to join.

149 boys auditioned for 48 places across all 8 centers fot year 4,5,6. In London 65 candidates compete for 15 places. 23 percent or every fifth boy were lucky to join the program.  This year there were 1300 candidates and statistics will appear online at the beginning of next year.

There are no published split of how many girls were invited in year 4,5 or 6.  You will be able to see it on 9 September at the begining of the class. Congratulations to you and your daughter and her teacher. There is a lot of work done by the team. X

IMG_1952.PNG

Thanks so much for that information! In my daughter's class it's mixed of year4/5 and altogether there were 8 girls. Such a small number!! Appreciate you taking the time to answer my previous post 

x

9 minutes ago, Pixie said:

What did everyone do with the hair ribbons? I bought two but it now looks like they are too long. Is it okay to cut one ribbon in two or would they end up too short?:(

Some make very small bows with theirs and some are huge so I'd say it was personal choice as there are no instructions and various takes on the bows that I've seen! I went with medium size for the first term (so about 5/6" bow) and then we went gradually smaller as dd got older x  eventually we saw that dancique in Birmingham made pre-made blue bows on a clip in the royal blue ribbon so we changed to those and saved a good 10 minutes each Saturday trying to get it 'just so'!  

All the teachers I've come across at JAs are extremely friendly and relaxed with the children and the parents so don't worry xxx 

Hope all the Dc have a fabulous first class xx 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Pixie said:

What did everyone do with the hair ribbons? I bought two but it now looks like they are too long. Is it okay to cut one ribbon in two or would they end up too short?:(

Hi Pixie I cut the ribbon in half and tied it into a clip. Hoping it will stay on the clip and won't have to keep re-doing it every week! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Balletmum55 said:

Some make very small bows with theirs and some are huge so I'd say it was personal choice as there are no instructions and various takes on the bows that I've seen! I went with medium size for the first term (so about 5/6" bow) and then we went gradually smaller as dd got older x  eventually we saw that dancique in Birmingham made pre-made blue bows on a clip in the royal blue ribbon so we changed to those and saved a good 10 minutes each Saturday trying to get it 'just so'!  

All the teachers I've come across at JAs are extremely friendly and relaxed with the children and the parents so don't worry xxx 

Hope all the Dc have a fabulous first class xx 

Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, Littlebear said:

Hi Pixie I cut the ribbon in half and tied it into a clip. Hoping it will stay on the clip and won't have to keep re-doing it every week! 

DD started last weekend in Manchester (loved it lots!). Miss Agar told us to cut the ribbon into 4 parts to make small bows. I'd only cut it in half so my bows were too big  although I wasn't named and shamed!

However, she did make the girls kneel down in a line, wearing their National skirts, to check the length. She then pointed out that some mums had to get the needle and thread out to shorten them! Thankfully ours was fine.

Remember to take a white hand towel for them to lie on for exercises! I also forgot that but I wasn't alone!! :wacko: 

• Like 1