RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Pixie said:

I have been wondering the same for Eastleigh as the audition was before Bath. I have just emailed them to ask but not sore if they will respond.

Let me know if you hear anything? We're Eastleigh too so look forward to meeting you when they start! X

Hi Littlebear, I received 5 files attached to this email which I've partly pasted below.

Dear Associate Parent,

Class: Manchester JA2

Congratulations on gaining a place on this years’ Associate Programme 2017/18. Please find attached the Manchester Associate Handbook, uniform list and dates which are important to your child’s time as an Associate with the Royal Ballet School.

Having re-read the full email, I have to reply to them by 30 June inorder to confirm that I accept all their policies and hence confirm the acceptance of the place. So it is time-sensitive - if you see what I mean.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Littlebear said:

Let me know if you hear anything? We're Eastleigh too so look forward to meeting you when they start! X

I definitely will do if I hear back Littlebear. Have just tried calling them but went through to voice mail. Looking forward to meeting you too. :)

Edited by Pixie
  • Like 1

Term date info j2 bath

TUMN TERM 2017

SPRING TERM 2018

SUMMER TERM 2018

September   

9 P

October

November

December 

January         

February       

March 

April 

May 

June

P: Please remain in the building for the first session to meet staff and discuss any immediate 

Time: 10.15am-12.30pm or 12.45-3pm

it came via email, has a uniform list too. DD will be in J2.  I've sent all info back including this years school report! 

Now the hard part of working out what leotard/ nude knicker size to order!  Any one have any advice? 

Dd has size 0,1 and 2's from different brands that fit. X

11 hours ago, Pixie said:

Yes same here. Need to plan the rest of the weekends so quite keen to find out what time the classes are...Very exciting indeed! :)

Pixie it looks like you got a yes. Fantastic news - after all our discussions about feet!! :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lspendl828 said:

The info for Manchester came by email on Wednesday. It was titled "Associates" not Royal Ballet School as before - just in case you miss it.

Balletmum55, luckily I don't work on Fridays so I could get her to class just fine.

Her school have been very excited about her achievement and have asked me to write a piece to go in the next newsletter and they're going to have her up in front of the whole school at the next merit assembly. Hope they still support her after I tell them about having a lot of Friday mornings off!

Our classes are all 10am - 12.15pm, Fridays and Sundays for those that are interested.

Oh my.  It had gone into junk!  Love this forum.  Thank you ? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pixie said:

Ah yes, all the worrying was for nothing :)

How did your dd get on?

SWL for London/Birmingham. Better than I was expecting :) and very encouraging, as it shows there's hope yet for her feet!

• Like 2

Thank you. In case you are all wondering - my dd does not have the ideal 'ballet feet' - so much so that her teacher didn't even put her forward for the RBS audition. But she really wanted to give it a go anyway - we umm'd and err'd and eventually I agreed to take her... Just goes to show, trust in your dc!  ;)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Balletnewbie said:

Term date info j2 bath

TUMN TERM 2017

SPRING TERM 2018

SUMMER TERM 2018

September   

9 P

October

November

December 

January         

February       

March 

April 

May 

June

P: Please remain in the building for the first session to meet staff and discuss any immediate 

it came via email, has a uniform list too. DD will be in J2.  I've sent all info back including this years school report! 

Now the hard part of working out what leotard/ nude knicker size to order!  Any one have any advice? 

Why do you have to send their school report? 

10 hours ago, Balletnewbie said:

Term date info j2 bath

TUMN TERM 2017

SPRING TERM 2018

SUMMER TERM 2018

September   

9 P

October

November

December 

January         

February       

March 

April 

May 

June

6 hours ago, Littlebear said:

Why do you have to send their school report? 

I also wondered why the school report ? 

I've gone for a 1 in Leo and medium in pants 

She has her normal one and BBO both of which are a 1 and her other pants are medium so hopefully they are a similar fit 

X

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lottie77 said:

My daughter will be at Eastleigh with your dd. So exciting. C

3 hours ago, Lottie77 said:

My daughter will be at Eastleigh with your dd. So exciting. C

And mine! But how will we know who is who?!! Just completed my online forms - phew ? 

3 hours ago, Littlebear said:

And mine! But how will we know who is who?!! Just completed my online forms - phew ? 

Lottie77 and Littlebear, are both your DDs in JA1? We could have coffee together after the introductory talk? I will be filling in the online form tomorrow, is it long? How do I submit the passport size photos? 

Edited by Pixie
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pixie said:

Lottie77 and Littlebear, are both your DDs in JA1? We could have coffee together after the introductory talk? I will be filling in the online form tomorrow, is it long? How do I submit the passport size photos? 

Hi Pixie yes my DD is in JA1 too and coffee sounds lovely.  The form took me over an hour to do !! But I had problems with the photo. I took it on my iPhone then had to change the format or it wouldn't accept it. When it did it was confusing as you don't see the actual photo just a red circle with a cross in it under the box - but must be right or wouldn't let me go to next page. I've ordered uniform today too - all very exciting! X

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pixie said:

Ahh that would be lovely! We will have to wear something identifiable! ? X form is quite simple to be honest. I had a headshot so just uploaded the photo. Happy form filling x

2 minutes ago, Lottie77 said:

Ahh that would be lovely! We will have to wear something identifiable! ? X form is quite simple to be honest. I had a headshot so just uploaded the photo. Happy form filling x

Just filled in the form and ordered the leotard. No information on the sizes so ordered size 2 which is the size of her normal leotard...I will be wearing a pixie outfit...only joking...:)

• Like 2

Any character shoes, they advise not to buy new ones especially.  Your JA teacher will have a look and tell you if they'd prefer different ones but there was a variety of styles in my dd class. 

Full sole ballet shoes needed as they work the feet better. 

Yes once a JA you stay until the end of year 6 (unless choose to leave or really not gaining anything from the course, but I haven't known anyone be asked to leave) .... in regards to leotards, I did the same butterflyballerina for JAs and kept the next size up xxxx I've just made the exact same mistake for MAs and will keep both too xxx 

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 19:19, margarite said:

We got a no for year 6 too - DD is absolutely fine thank goodness! It's a tough process, and agreed it can make you feel quite despondent - but I'm focusing on how proud I am of DD - I'd never have had the guts to audition for anything when I was 9! She's happy at YDA too. Shame they haven't got the resources to give a little more feedback, it was heartening to get that when she applied for Tring. 

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear, hopefully lots of yeses! Fingers crossed for you all xx

Hello Margarite and Dancer123, your daughters are amazing dancers.  YDA Associates is a great program.  I had a chance to see an open class yesterday for parents.  I don't know how the selection process works at RBS.  I didn't expect my DD to get a JA place, she was 20 cm taller then everyone in her JA audition class.  (above 99percentile height for her age group)  In fact she is only 9 but often mistaken for a 11-12 yo.   'Not yet' is a difficult answer for children to digest.  We had a very recent experience of MT Matilda audition and there despite standing in deep X she was too tall even for ensemble roles.  She really wanted to be in that musical, knows every song and learned the dance routines by watching youtube videos.  In that case we know the door is now closed for MT children roles.  By the time she turned 9 she was too tall. 4 years of MT dreams, drama school classes with singing, drama, jazz, tap, street dance classes. But all this training is beneficial long term.  Please encourage your girls to continue.  Reading about many dancers it wasn't easy for any of them. 

• Like 1

Ladies, if it helps, it is also possible to get RBS JA audition feedback.  Last year we had yr4 SWL and my DD ballet teacher spoke with the Head of the JA program.  Our ballet teacher was very kind to make this contact. Mrs Sylvia Hubbard gave very constructive feedback pointing to where the focus should be to fix the shortcoming.  My DD then was able to focus on the area and showed improvement. 

I understand that JA would not be able to speak with parents but will respond to a professional enquiry from a ballet teacher x

• Like 2