It's yours, Jules. I've replied and will post the other one on the Ticket Exchange forum now.

Edited by Bluebird

I have written (twice) to the ROH about how difficult (if not downright impossible) it is to work out triple bill casts on the ROH website.

I have just received the following reply...

"Apologies for the difficulties you are experienced with our website, and for the delay in our sending you a response.

We have been working to resolve the problem and now have a fully tested solution. We will publish an update to the live website when we next have an opportunity to release the code and should be displaying error-free casting on our mixed programmes next week.

Best wishes

Ellen"

Watch this space...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mummykool said:

We have been working to resolve the problem and now have a fully tested solution. We will publish an update to the live website when we next have an opportunity to release the code 

If they have a 'fully tested solution', why can they not apply it now, I wonder? And what does having 'an opportunity to release the code' mean to those not involved in website development? Very poor practice to use such jargon in general communications. 

But thanks for the info, Mummykool. Let's hope it is ok next week (or earlier).

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bridiem said:

If they have a 'fully tested solution', why can they not apply it now, I wonder? And what does having 'an opportunity to release the code' mean to those not involved in website development? Very poor practice to use such jargon in general communications. 

Typically, any new development work will go through several stages of testing to try to eliminate any unforeseen problems with it, including being put on what's called a staging environment, which mimics as far as possible the "live" (real) website to make sure it doesn't do something drastic like make the whole thing go down; only when these hurdles have been cleared is it "released" so that it's on the public website. Very often there are specific windows (sometimes only once a month) when this last can happen, as it can be a little like performing surgery: there are protocols involved and you need to have the right people on hand if things go wrong to make fixes or if necessary "roll back" to the last version.

I know it sounds long winded, but many serious problems are averted by following this procedure; though it does make me wonder if they're following it how on earth some of the rubbish we've seen already on the new website slipped the net.  Increasingly there's a move to being a lot more flexible about all this, but you need the right systems and people to do that successfully; all the evidence points to the ROH not being in that position.

I agree that talk of "releasing the code" isn't very helpful!

p.s. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I think what I've said is broadly correct and reflects standard practice.

• Like 4