Jan McNulty

Royal Ballet Promotions, Leavers, Joiners 2017/2018

64 posts in this topic

Pleased about these. My only slight disappointment Is that Joseph Sissens didn't get promoted. After his excellent performance In Symphonic Variations I hoped he would, but hopefully another season will give him more opportunities.

5 people like this

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:43, Fonty said:

Am I missing something here?  Is there something special about her being a Londoner?

As far as I am concerned, it is far more interesting that we now have two new female principals who have come right the way through the RB school from White Lodge, to join the two existing ones.  

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:58, bridiem said:

I think the point is that this is the London Evening Standard reporting, so they're going to take a London angle.

Yes. Plus, it's a London based company. I don't think it's a big deal that they're taking this angle.

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:50, Springbourne3 said:

Strange that there is no mention of him (de Primo) as leaving as previous Prix dancers usually get a mention if they are given a contract or if they move on to other companies etc.

Do they? I don't believe Julian MacKay got a mention when he left, he just kind of disappeared and it was later reported on here where he was heading but the RB didn't say anything. 

Shame about Di Primo, I was hoping we would see more of him. I had wondered from the start whether his height might be a problem, but in the end it seems there were not many male contracts available this year anyway. I do hope he is successful in getting a contract elsewhere.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, invisiblecircus said:

Yes. Plus, it's a London based company. I don't think it's a big deal that they're taking this angle.

Do they? I don't believe Julian MacKay got a mention when he left, he just kind of disappeared and it was later reported on here where he was heading but the RB didn't say anything. 

Shame about Di Primo, I was hoping we would see more of him. I had wondered from the start whether his height might be a problem, but in the end it seems there were not many male contracts available this year anyway. I do hope he is successful in getting a contract elsewhere.

4 hours ago, invisiblecircus said:

Yes, I was hoping that too - I guess the lack of contracts is most likely the reason as David Yudes's height did not prevent him getting a permanent contract with the RB.  

15 hours ago, Springbourne3 said:

Yes, I was hoping that too - I guess the lack of contracts is most likely the reason as David Yudes's height did not prevent him getting a permanent contract with the RB.  

Yudes is taller!

1 person likes this