Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

Big congrats to everyone with a yes, such an exciting time for you all and so lovely to hear your good news. Fingers crossed for anyone still waiting and big commiserations to all those with a no at this time. Keep trying and enjoy the journey.  

Also a big well done to JA Dad for having such willpower and Belljul's son for great determination.  

• Like 4

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to your dd - you'll have to change your name now JA_dad - how about WLdad? ;)  

I fear that may be tempting fate somewhat again which is something I've been trying my best not to do lately.

besides, I still have a JA in Year 5 hoping to follow in her sisters courus so with any luck, I'll be a JA_Dad for a while yet.

Once again thanks for all the congrat's, I'm pleased to have kept so many entertained throughout the day. It was terribly nerve-wracking at this end but well worth it as I'm sure many of you will empathise with.

After a 'No' from last years finals, I can equally empathise with those that didn't get a positive result this time. It's a blow but our DD has proven today that when you really want something and you put in the effort, you can bounce back.

...and as a final sign-off, Good luck to all the year 7 girls for tomorrow. Enjoy the ride......

Edited by JA_Dad
  • Like 10

I have been following this thread for a few days now, as my daughter was also a final at the auditions on the 1st March.

We have been sitting nervously reading theses messages and also waiting for the postman.

Fantastic news my daughter has just got her letter and she is in!!!!!

She will be starting in Year 9.

Good luck to all others and don't give up. xx

krishell - have sent you a pm ;) x

Hi, eloise_please,

We still waiting for mids too although asked similar question earlier in this thread and got no answer so I called them, they said our letters will come out either this week or next so not long now.

My dilemma is she does her intermediate exam Friday if it comes this week do I give it to her as she has aleady said she would be sad if a no and I would hate for it to affect her exam.

• Like 1

Mmmmmm. Could go either way as might make her more determined? I guess you know how your DD would take it. Which centre are you waiting for? I think my Dd is more than realistic about getting or not getting a place. We are waiting for Manchester (currently Leeda JA) and Northern Ballet associates too.

Wow intermediate. My Dd did her grade 1 last year and has started working on her grade 2. The JA year 6's are such different standards. A lot of my Dd's JA class are already doing some pointe work. Fingers crossed from them all and for your Dd's exam on Friday!

eloise_please would you know the age span in year 7 by any chance just out of curiocity please, as my grandaughter is 10, I just wondered how old the limit is for year 7. I've got to say what a great day they had on Friday from start to finish and whatever the outcome, it was a day they will probably remember for the rest of their lives. Best wishes to all concerned, 

Going into year 7 the ages would be 11 on sept 1st 2012 to those turning 11 on 31st August 2013. That is that they are currently in year 6. Your daughter must be turning 11 before August 2013 or she wouldn't be a year 6 JA or able to apply for a year 7 place at White Lodge if I'm correct?! X

Edited by eloise_please