Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'No' our DD got last year was certainly in a small envelope but fate is without doubt, indeed being tempted here so I'm going to find something to do to distract myself.

Bless you, how agonising for you but you are doing the right thing. My dh waited for me to return rom the school run- I vividly remember him waving the big A4 envelope from the comfort of the sofa- he'd watched tv to take his mind off it. It was a surreal moment opening it and I was on the phone to my boss before we'd finished reading the first sentence. We then had the agonising wait to the end of the school day. Incidently in the same post we got a letter saying our child had not been allocated a secondary school- we just laughed at it!

Sods law your envelope will turn out to be some boring circular . If its any consolation we on Ballet.co are all waiting with bated breath with you!

• Like 5

You're a strong man JA Dad. I wouldn't in any circumstances be able to control myself. I know I would just open it carefully and reseal it and if I got found out I'd just accept the consequences!!!! If its a yes, which looks like it is, they'd be so happy, they'd forgive you!!

• Like 2

Hi Spax,

Was it addressed to you directly or to "The parents of....." as with usual corrospondance ?

We've had nothing again this morning however there is an A4 envelope addressed directly to my partner ? very plain looking.

It's probably a red herring and I promised not to open anything until both our DD and her mother are home later but I'm extremely curious as to why we've still not heard?

oh my goodness, OPEN IT Please! The suspense is killing me :D Hope it is good news and a huge congrats to yes DCs plus sympathetic hugs to no's. How exciting for you all. Remember how amazing you all are even to get to the finals. I love the fact that some DCs have had those no letters before and gone on to get in this time..brilliant and pats on the back to the parents for all their hard work too.

• Like 2

Did you DD go for a year 8 place JA_Dad? My DD re-auditioned this year but didn't get to finals (didn't expect her to at all, so not disappointed!) but a girl we know did and has sadly had her 'No' letter so we are all waiting with baited breath to hear who has got that elusive Yr 8 place.

Good luck!

No don't open the letter yet JA dad, try and make it memorable if it is good news, a moment you will all look back on.

A huge congratulations to all the yes letters, it has been exciting following you all on the forum. If you got a not then you still did well getting into the finals as so few get as far as that, try again next year as you never know.

WOOHOO JA_dad !!!!!! - Thank you for putting us out of our misery ..... and huge congratulations to you and all those other lucky children, and big hugs to those who have been disappointed but will find the strength to try again and hopefully be successful next time x

• Like 3

Thanks for all the congratulations. I shall pass them on when she gets out of school. (she still doesn't know yet.)

no Soph, she's not at YDA, she's an MA but good luck to anyone else who's still waiting.