Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im afraid of a no for my DD, it will knock her, does it explain shes not suitable for the training they offer but keep up the good work anyway? or  say she danced very well? Is it short and sweet? So hard to pick kids up after knocks!!! 

My DD has a yes for yr 7 which is fantastic but very mixed emotions in this house as her twin brother had a no last week :(

She will be over the moon but we will have to handle it all very delicately! He is going to YDA so I know he will be ok and do well there. 

He will try again next year and until then our life becomes more complicated!!!!

Wel done to all the others and chin up to all the nos......I really do know how you feel believe me !!! x

• Like 7

ballemum - may I ask that we keep this thread to WL results - please start a new thread (first checking if there's an MA one!) about RBS MA results. Also, if you read a bit further up in this thread you'll see there's already been some discussion about when the results might come out :)

Plie - I've been resisting the urge to ask you about your ds last week, as I thought you might wait until you'd heard about your dd this week!  I'm so pleased for her - and he'll do well at YDA I'm sure - you're very lucky to have that as an option 

• Like 2

Plie that is both fantastic for your daughter but makes it extra hard for your son. i don't envy you trying to deal with all that. I have a second son who is following his big brother's dancing footsteps but, as yet has not had the same success. I am making sure he follows his own path though. It's tough for siblings who do the same as each other, never mind twins! xx

• Like 2

hfbrew thank you very much for information:)

No problem. Re reading your original question I see that it was about your dd auditioning next year when she is year 10, for year 11.

Well its not unheard of but as JulieW says,probably not that advisable mid way through gcses and of course, few if any spaces left anyway.

Congratulations to all yesses!  Today is the 9th anniversary of my ds audition at WL .It snowed that day too.

In another 9 years he may well be retiring!

• Like 5

My DD has a yes for yr 7 which is fantastic but very mixed emotions in this house as her twin brother had a no last week :(

She will be over the moon but we will have to handle it all very delicately! He is going to YDA so I know he will be ok and do well there. 

He will try again next year and until then our life becomes more complicated!!!!

Wel done to all the others and chin up to all the nos......I really do know how you feel believe me !!! x

Wow, its a double roller coaster in your house. Congratulations to your dd, commiserations to your ds but I can vouch that he will get excellent training and care at YDA.. He is also to be congratulated!

• Like 2

Congrats Pile, how did your ds take the news?

He is being very brave :( Its really hard as DD is so excited but not wanting to rub it in his face! 

Hard as a parent though to deal with mixed emotions over a thing thats been ruling our heads and hearts for so long!!!! 

• Like 3

Many congratulations to all who have been succesful, what a fantastic achievement. Just wondering those who auditioned for year 7 places, how much ballet/ dance have they done? Thanks

I also would be really interested to hear from those successful DDs for year 7 what levels they grade wise etc they are, whether they are JAs and how many hours they are dancing per week etc. Once again congratulations to all. xx

Very exciting times for all those with a 'yes', still remember running round to dd's school with her letter (very out of character really, but just wanted to share it with her there and then! Enjoy the moment and deal with the practicalities later!

To those with a no - a hug because it is disappointing however positive you try and be about it. But it doesn't mean there won't be other opportunities out there, other schools, youth companies, chances to perform - hope something just as exciting is round the corner :)  

Moomin and sleep123 - In terms of experience for year 7 intake, I think it varies. Quite a number of year 7's have been JA's(but not all) - they do say they are looking for 'clay' - something they can work with and mould, so a child with the 'right' physical potential would be as likely to get a place as a child with more training/experience.        

• Like 2

I would agree with lisadebs - in my daughters year 7 group they came in at different levels/grades but this didn't effect where they are now as they are taken back to basics in their method of training. There was one non Ja in this group.

Sorry to the no's and good luck for all your future plans and fantastic news for the yes's - the beginning of an exciting path !! X

• Like 1

Congratulations Tippy Toes Ballet Jack and Plie - at least your 2 are in the same city and being accepted by YDA is an execellent achievement for your DS too. Exciting times ahead.Commiserations to the NOs- that No letter is just so heartbreaking (been there!) -your DCs have done brilliantly and must have lots of talent to have made finals - the school just can't take them all and they are bound to progress in their dancing dreams just in a different direction at present.Keep strong and carry on dancing.

• Like 5

Anymore for anymore this morning ? It appears not. Maybe the postal service are just being a lot more efficient this week.

Anyhoo, and please forgive me for potentially getting a tad too gushy here but I’d like to take this opportunity to big up this forum….

I originally joined during last years WL audition process and found this forum a great source of information and news especially as a relative newbie to the whole venture.

I was off work sick with a fever whilst awaiting this years results and it was a great help to be able to spill my rather neurotic and sometimes delirious thoughts in this way.

Through this particular thread and some PM’ing, I’ve now managed to make contact with another parent of a girl in the same year that my DD will be joining in September.
In turn, she has now introduced herself to some of the incumbent inmates as part of some pre-White Lodge social networking which’ll hopefully make the whole transition a tad less daunting for her come the autumn.

This has only been possible thanks to this forum, its contributors and administrators.

I can only urge the many “guests” who have been viewing this thread over the past few weeks to get involved. It can be very rewarding.

A special and final congratulations to Spax, Tippy_Toes, balletjack, theodore, plié, Sherbert, krishell and Belijul who all had family members receive ‘Yes’s  this year. See you on induction day.

• Like 11

Aw we do like the odd gushy post about how fabulous this forum is JA Dad! It's great to hear you have gained a lot from it, as I have too in the past, especially at the beginning of the vocational journey. It has been invaluable and I now have some really great friends, made soley through the forum. For that I am very grateful. Long may it continue.

• Like 5

I can add to the Isn't-this-forum-wonderful chorus by saying that I belong to 2 similar forums, a French one and an American one, and they are nowhere as, in no particular order, informative, supportive, fun, warm, useful, funny, free... as this one. I love reading it every day!

Thank you everybody for making it what it is!

• Like 8

Hi everyone and JA Dad in particular.  Am I right in thinking that your DD has auditioned for years 7 and 8 at WL and finally got in in year 9?  That is a great story in sticking with it and keeping on trying, isn't it?  And may give some comfort and hope to anyone sadly getting a No for year 7 at the moment........... 

Was she an MA in years 7/8?

• Like 1