Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Further discussion about other schools/associates would be best put in other threads (have a quick search to see if there's any already going - there probably are) - otherwise people who might be able to help you may not see them here :)

Thank you Eloise, from a quick look at their site, CAT have a centre in London. Any other suggestions most welcome!

There are lots of CAT schemes across the country but they are predominantly focussed on contemporary dance. The only ballet CAT is at Northern Ballet's Academy in Leeds.

Apologies Julie, I was posting this as you posted the above advice.

Edited by Kitschqueen_1
  • Like 1

Thanks Julie W for asking. We got a no that was so well written it made DD proud to receive it. Yes she will re audition in another year.

With regard to anybody having concerns with keeping up their training to a suitable level, I feel quality over quantity for training is priority. If you get your child's body personally assessed by a dance physiotherapist and receive a personal pilates programme from them, there is much your children can work on without the need for expensive and far away lessons. Also dance private lessons especially if your teacher is willing to give you something to work on at home. DD has specific things she needs to to work on with her body that classes wont necessarily help. 

• Like 2

I just found this forum today. My son has been accepted to White Lodge year 7 in Sept. He is so worried about not knowing anyone as he is a quiet boy. Would be really nice to hear from the people who have children going maybe they can meet or chat online before they pack their suitcases. I know he would feel much better if he thought he had a couple of friends there. We are in Essex.

• Like 9

Yay tango! That is such lovely news. Your daughter must be thrilled. And to tpss! Welcome to the madhouse (don't mean WL, but vocational ballet life in general lol)!!

edited to add tpss :)

Edited by Belljul
  • Like 4

Thank you everyone ! Dd is very lucky that a place was turned down and I know it was a very hard and emotional decision for the mum and daughter who declined the place. Its a bit like an organ donor giving another child a chance of a life they really want. Its been a very emotional week  !

• Like 2

I just found this forum today. My son has been accepted to White Lodge year 7 in Sept. He is so worried about not knowing anyone as he is a quiet boy. Would be really nice to hear from the people who have children going maybe they can meet or chat online before they pack their suitcases. I know he would feel much better if he thought he had a couple of friends there. We are in Essex.

Welcome tpss and congratulations on the place

Don't worry too much about your son not knowing anyone. He'll hear from his "guide" soon from the year above and the children all get to know eachother quickly at New Parents Day.

• Like 3

Oh No. I really hope induction day is not May 18th. I run my own dance school and our full dress rehearsal for my forthcoming show is that day. If anyone knows for sure please let me know as I may be able to change all my pupils to a different day as I think it is really important that we are there.

• Like 1

Oh No. I really hope induction day is not May 18th. I run my own dance school and our full dress rehearsal for my forthcoming show is that day. If anyone knows for sure please let me know as I may be able to change all my pupils to a different day as I think it is really important that we are there.

Suggest you contact them and ask right away! I had to miss my ds induction day for similar reasons but dh went instead.

Congratulations to you and Tango by the way!

• Like 1