Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the date info. I will have to do a lot of shuffling around. Can't really miss my own dress rehearsal. Feel bad asking 200 pupils to change their plans because of my son but what else can I do. Just gotta make sure I can get my hall on another day. All my costumes are being hand delivered from France on that day too. Oh well, Where there's a will there's a way.

• Like 2

Just waiting on hall availabilty for the Sunday so hopefully can do both. Ive always been there 100% for my school but sometimes family has to come first. DS also has many quick changes so wouldn't want him to miss rehearsal either. I'm sure it will all work out. I have a lovely school with lovely mums and dads, most if not all will be fine as I can give plenty of advance notice.  I'm very lucky.

• Like 3

Hi there

You should get a bundle of info at some point soon but I seem to remember last year it wasn't til after Easter hols. The new parents days is basically where the children get to meet their guides from current year 7, all get to meet each other, watch a demo ballet class which you do too, then parents have a talk from head, boarding, PTA etc and you can ask questions. Lunch is a BBQ which you all have together and can meet other parents. We found it informative and great to meet others. Also dd made some friends before starting.

Hope that helps.

Hi

Just following up on the last few comments regarding the Induction Day.

Does anybody know if the induction day is for any other year also?  Or is it only for the new year 7's?

This day sounds great and would be a great help to our DD and for us as parents too.

Thanks for the information.

7 boys and 4 girls it's a lot! Does London centre always have such good results? I wonder if it makes a difference that some children have JA classes almost every week and others not even every other week. Meaning that they have better chance of getting in...

• Like 1

I think we should be careful not to suggest that the London centre is "better" than the other centres, and that a child who has a JA place in London has a higher chance of getting a WL place than children at other centres or, indeed, no centre at all. Whether or not  a child has weekly JA lessons or less frequent lessons, or whether the lessons are more "intensive" or not, WL will still be looking for potential above anything else.

• Like 3

Agree with rowan, dont think it has anything to do with the number of classes children have, my dd practiced her ja exercises everyday prior to wl audition neither did she have any extra private or additional lessons at her local dance school to prepare her. Its def potential, physique etc!

• Like 1

I have to agree Rowan,  I feel uncomfortable at the implied suggestion that some JA centres are less focused. I am sure that every JA teacher does their best for their students and teaches to the same exacting standards following the RBS teaching methods.  I cant for one moment imagine that they don't give their students the very best training that they can . Also, three girls and I think two boys from Eastleigh JAs are off to WL this year, with anotherr two girls off to Elmhurst, which I think is a fabulous achievement

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 3