Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

We still waiting for mids too although asked similar question earlier in this thread and got no answer so I called them, they said our letters will come out either this week or next so not long now.

With only last years experience to go on, I'd suggest that it's likely to be at the latter end of this timeframe at best.

Finals were a week or two earlier last year and we didn't receive our Mids letter 'till the end of March.

Edited by JA_Dad

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoobydigger - I thought the current year 8 already had 12 girls and if there are only 2 extra beds for year 9 does that mean that someone got assessed out.

Well done to all those who got a yes - seems MA's have done well this year.

To all the No's - don't give up - keep trying - that's all you can do.

Yes Hoobydigger - it is very sad to think that someone's dream may have ended but the ballet world is harsh I guess and is full of sadness as well as joy and as they say - as one door closes another opens.

It may not be the case as they do have some bed flexibility for years 9 & 10.

In answer to the Mids appraisal question Rachelballet - yes it is about 2 weeks after the appraisal which last year was at the beginning of May

• Like 1

Thank you to sniffymum 2 weeks after appraisal before the mid associates know its is a long time when your waiting, this ballet life is torture I know it's tough in the dancing world but its hard as a new mum to all this

Hoobydigger - I thought the current year 8 already had 12 girls and if there are only 2 extra beds for year 9 does that mean that someone got assessed out. Well done to all those who got a yes - seems MA's have done well this year. To all the No's - don't give up - keep trying - that's all you can do.

"@ Sniffymum - appears to be the case doesn't it :'( .... Very sad :("

The one year 8 dd I know of who was appraised out this year has already had quite a few offers from other schools, so i guess, as horrible as being appraised out is, its not necessarily the end of the dream...

• Like 2

And so, potential Year 7's, now it begins......

For those of you who haven't been keeping up or had time to trawl through the last 9 pages, here's the rub..... 

If it's a 'Yes', it'll come in a very plain A4 envelope with no RBS stamp, postmark of "JUBILEE MC" with just a single address label, addressed to an individual rather than "To The Parents of....".

If it's sadly a 'No', it'll be in a standard DL sized envelope with the usual RBS markings.

There's some anecdotal suggestion that the 'No's may be posted the day before the 'Yes's in which case.....

nothing in the post on Tuesday is a good sign;

nothing by the time the Postie passes on Wednesday is a very god sign;

nothing by Thursday and you'll likely have very short nails, handfulls of hair and be on the phone to the school.

Best of luck to all of those waiting.

Edited by JA_Dad
  • Like 4

Hi Pas De Deux,

Sorry to hear of the 'No'.

As I understand it, there was 1 place given to a Year 8 Girl, 3 Year 9 and there were at least 3 Year 10 available but I don't know if they were all filled.

As for the boys, I only know that there was 1 Year 8 Place available, and there would have been at least a potential 2 for Year 9 due to the extra beds. No idea about Year 10.

I should advise though, that if your DD is currently Year 9, next year would not usually be auditionable,(if that's a word ?). Changes to the student numbers will rarely be made during years 10 & 11 as the students are studying for their GCSE's

Hi Pas De Deux,

As I understand it, there was 1 place given to a Year 8 Girl, 3 Year 9 and there were at least 3 Year 10 available but I don't know if they were all filled.

As for the boys, I only know that there was 1 Year 8 Place available, and there would have been at least a potential 2 for Year 9 due to the extra beds. No idea about Year 10.

I should advise though, that if your DD is currently Year 9, next year would not usually be auditionable,(if that's a word ?). Changes to the student numbers will rarely be made during years 10 & 11 as the students are studying for their GCSE's

5 new students were taken into year 10 when my ds was at White Lodge. Sadly year 9 is when most assessing out is done so actually someone auditioning from year 9 for a year 10 place has better odds as it were than if auditioning for year 8 or 9.

I had a student taken into year 10 from SA auditions a few years ago.

JA-Dad I'm the sort of bloke who doesn't usually get excited about results etc, as there's nothing at all you can do about it, but I must say with all the previous nine pages it has made the situation a little more nerve wracking. My daughter and her husband are fine, as is their DD but I feel like popping round to their house and having a look in their post box just to see what size (if any) the letter is. I won't of course, I'll just hang around waiting for the phone to ring, and hope it's a yes. 

• Like 3

Stretcher - no - you don't get any explanation, but it's quite kindly worded.

Congratulations to our two yeses so far - so pleased for you.  Hold on in there Vonrothbart! Nice to have an involved grandparent on here.

And PDD - you can audition for year 11, but it's probably not advisable due to the GCSE situation and there may not be any space anyway.

• Like 2

Hi Pas De Deux,

Hi JA_Dad  thank you very much for all the information. My DD is14 years old, and she's currently attending year 9 and will be year 10. I know next year diffucult than this year. I hope everyone will be happy all the time:)

5 new students were taken into year 10 when my ds was at White Lodge. Sadly year 9 is when most assessing out is done so actually someone auditioning from year 9 for a year 10 place has better odds as it were than if auditioning for year 8 or 9.

I had a student taken into year 10 from SA auditions a few years ago.

hfbrew thank you very much for information:)

Congratulations balletjack and tippy-toes fantastic news, but disappointing news for us as it's a no. never mind though it's been a good experience for the girl and all concerned, and I'm sure she will get over it quickly and get back to her normal routine. The competition is really tough, so we're very proud of her for getting this far, and she is only just old enough to be in this group.

• Like 2