Royal Ballet Lower School Auditions 2013

tutucute22

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following this thread for a few days now, as my daughter was also a final at the auditions on the 1st March.

We have been sitting nervously reading theses messages and also waiting for the postman.

Fantastic news my daughter has just got her letter and she is in!!!!!

She will be starting in Year 9.

Good luck to all others and don't give up. xx

• Like 17

post just arrived its a big yes for white lodge for ds for yr 7. I cannot believe it, its exactly 2 years since his first ever ballet lesson. Hope you all get good news

Theodore, that is indeed fantastic news. I wish your ds every success in the future.

I have been following this thread for a few days now, as my daughter was also a final at the auditions on the 1st March.

We have been sitting nervously reading theses messages and also waiting for the postman.

Fantastic news my daughter has just got her letter and she is in!!!!!

She will be starting in Year 9.

Good luck to all others and don't give up. xx

congratulations krishell:) great news!!! Which year was she auditioning for ? 8 or 9?

Thank you so much for the lovely messages.

Pas de deux, Yes she auditioned for a year 9 place. (only one place I believe)

What year has your DC auditioned for?  Wishing you lots of luck.

Fingers crossed.

Well done to all that got into the finals.

Thank you for this site, it has been such a help and a good understanding for us.x

Thank you so much for the lovely messages.

Pas de deux, Yes she auditioned for a year 9 place. (only one place I believe)

What year has your DC auditioned for?  Wishing you lots of luck.

Fingers crossed.

Well done to all that got into the finals.

Thank you for this site, it has been such a help and a good understanding for us.x

congratulations  again krishell:) my daugther auditioned for 9 years. and I think so they were 4 girls at 1 march. I haven't yet recevied result. Maybe they'll accept one person at 9 years in WL. Amazing news for yours :) 

Congratulations to those successful so far and commiserations to the no's - just remember when one door closes another one opens....probably not what you want to hear at the moment though. Intrigued to know how places are awarded now if they still have LS auditions on 8th? Also do they wait to hear back from the offers made before allocating MA places... do they tend to have a longer SWL for the MA places offered which are turned down if the DC goes to another vocational school? Just trying to improve on the probabilities of MA places on offer - DD is desperate to be one and the suspense is killing! 

Edited by sleep123

Welcome to the forum Krishell and congratulations to your dd!

Just a gentle reminder to everyone that this is a public forum so before revealing your children's names, please do check with them that they are happy to be identified! I know teenagers especially can be cautious about preserving their anonymity.

Thank you. :-)

Totally understand with regards to naming.

Chloe is here with me as she is off sick and was happy to be identified.

I hope its not too long before DD gets her answer.

All beautiful dancers and we are wishing you lots of luck.x

• Like 1

There's nothing stopping you from sending PMs to eachother - might be nice to have a contact before the Induction (New Parents) day. 

Also Balletjack - the yes letters are thick - lots of info in there!

• Like 2

Theodore, Krishell and Spax, huge huge congratulations to your incredibly talented dc's; they have all done so well (Im jealous, haha!) And big hugs to everyone with the horrible No letter, i know how that feels! When one door closes, another opens, so stay strong, some day you will have a chance to shine xx

• Like 6

Huge congratulations to those who have got the Yes letters today.  What an exciting time for you.  Do you think they send the Nos out a day earlier?   I was wondering if there is a waiting list for WL at all.  For example someone auditioning at WL and Elmhurst, say, might get offered a place at both but then pick Elmhurst over WL for whatever reason.  So would they then give out another place at WL?  Just wondered if anyone knows!  

Huge congratulations to those who have got the Yes letters today.  What an exciting time for you.  Do you think they send the Nos out a day earlier?    

Hi Suzyszoo,

Best not to second guess these things, (but I will anyay).....

As has been mentioned on this thread, it's a little odd that they are leaving a week between the girls Year 7 and 8,9,10 finals. There certainly has been some flexibility in the numbers studying per year in the past so it's possible that they may be holding off on some choices until they've seen the year 7 batch ?

Pure speculation, I know but we still haven't heard when others on here have mentioned recieving letters on Tuesday ?

It could of course just be a postal service thing however we don't live a great distance from London or in the sticks ?

I was wondering if there is a waiting list for WL at all.  For example someone auditioning at WL and Elmhurst, say, might get offered a place at both but then pick Elmhurst over WL for whatever reason.  So would they then give out another place at WL?  Just wondered if anyone knows!  

There has certainly a waiting list in the past for year 7's. I don't know about other years ?