RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, DanceMumtoDd said:

Sorry for so many questions, were they pre recorded classes or were they live, I have heard that they were videos so just trying to see if they would be worth the money, thank you xxx 

They we're live over a 10week course.  She really enjoyed that and has gained a place this year too so they clearly helped her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, margarite said:

Congrats to all the yeses and SWL 🎉. I know SO many gorgeous dancers that are now at vocational school or with RBS Mids and Senior Associate places who never received a JA place - so if it was a no today - don’t give up 👍

This is so true my DD had nos and a SWL for year 6 but was invited to WL and Elmhurst finals and is now starting Elmhurst in September so it’s true never give up.  I think they nos and the SWL gave her more determination to get a place at vocational school. Well done to all the yes and SWL and it really is is a not yet for the nos, just keep believing.  

• Like 1

Please can someone explain the abbreviations - JEP & SWL 

also, are all the “no” emails identically worded - ours said they saw potentially & we should audition again next year....is this wording just a way of letting us down gently (1st time auditioning so no disappointment here😀)  

1 minute ago, Carmil said:

Please can someone explain the abbreviations - JEP & SWL 

also, are all the “no” emails identically worded - ours said they saw potentially & we should audition again next year....is this wording just a way of letting us down gently (1st time auditioning so no disappointment here😀)  

Short waiting list and Junior Engagement programme which is done over zoom

My dd got SWL and did JEP last year.  This year they have called it ‘online Junior Associate Programme’ and it is on a Sunday rather than a Saturday and for 12 sessions instead of 10 so not sure if it will be any different to JEP.  The email says it’s a ‘new junior associates online programme’ 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

WELL DONE everyone! SO many yesses and SWLs! And to the nos, I'm sure we'll be joining you soon! I hope your children aren't too disappointed. JAs is far from being the be all and end all!

Any Eastleigh results out yet?

We got a yes for Yr5 Eastleigh x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissEmily said:

WELL DONE everyone! SO many yesses and SWLs! And to the nos, I'm sure we'll be joining you soon! I hope your children aren't too disappointed. JAs is far from being the be all and end all!

Any Eastleigh results out yet?

Yes, my dd got yr 5 Eastleigh x

• Like 2

Well, after what feels like the longest wait in the world and after a ‘No’ for years 4 and 5, my dd has received a very unexpected ‘Yes’! It definitely hasn’t sunk in yet even a good few hours later!

To anyone who is reading this today or in the future after receiving a ‘No’, please don’t think this is a full stop in your child’s ballet journey. I absolutely wrote my dd off and have been telling everyone for ages that she ‘just isn’t Royal material’, even refusing to apply for the Spring or Summer intensives because I thought there was absolutely no point if she hadn’t even had a SWL for JAs. Yet she has kept persevering and has worked so incredibly hard throughout lockdown. She hasn’t stopped trying, and whilst it might sound cliche, I honestly think that receiving those no’s along the way have helped her become the dancer she is today. This will sound really weird, and I wouldn’t have thought this at the time, but I’m now actually grateful for those no’s! Keep going and never give up on those dreams! X

• Like 18

Well done to everyone this year for dealing with everything involved with the audition process, supporting their dc and patience waiting for results. Hopefully the audition process will return to in person after this year! It’s been great to have this forum for support and to share experiences.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PurplePirouette said:

Well, after what feels like the longest wait in the world and after a ‘No’ for years 4 and 5, my dd has received a very unexpected ‘Yes’! It definitely hasn’t sunk in yet even a good few hours later!

To anyone who is reading this today or in the future after receiving a ‘No’, please don’t think this is a full stop in your child’s ballet journey. I absolutely wrote my dd off and have been telling everyone for ages that she ‘just isn’t Royal material’, even refusing to apply for the Spring or Summer intensives because I thought there was absolutely no point if she hadn’t even had a SWL for JAs. Yet she has kept persevering and has worked so incredibly hard throughout lockdown. She hasn’t stopped trying, and whilst it might sound cliche, I honestly think that receiving those no’s along the way have helped her become the dancer she is today. This will sound really weird, and I wouldn’t have thought this at the time, but I’m now actually grateful for those no’s! Keep going and never give up on those dreams! X

So well deserved - extremely happy for your DD. Well done. Well, well done everyone. Not yets, please do not be disheartened - it is not a sprint, but marathon. Hard work and perseverance plays a key role. 

• Like 1

It's a no for us this time (yr 5, Birmingham) 😔 I'm a bit gutted, as last year my DD was on SWL for JA and got a place at Elmhurst Young Dancers. But this year I guess RBS think she has less potential than last year? Her video wasn't the greatest, so I'm not totally surprised.... She's OK with it and loves her classes at Elmhurst. So we'll put this behind us and try again next year  when 🤞🏼 auditions will be in person again!

Very well done to all those that were offered places this year, congratulations to you all 🎉💕🩰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissEmily said:

It was in her mum’s junk folder!!! 😱 Y6 Eastleigh...YES! After two straight nos!!! What a great life lesson in perseverance this has taught her already!

Am so pleased for her. Well done 🎉

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

It was in her mum’s junk folder!!! 😱 Y6 Eastleigh...YES! After two straight nos!!! What a great life lesson in perseverance this has taught her already!

Great to hear she didn't give up and tried again! Congratulations to your pupil 

1 hour ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

So well deserved - extremely happy for your DD. Well done. Well, well done everyone. Not yets, please do not be disheartened - it is not a sprint, but marathon. Hard work and perseverance plays a key role. 

Thank you so much, that’s so kind of you x

10 hours ago, ZingDancer said:

SWL and JEP for my DD (Yr 5) for Manchester. Pretty pleased with that as it is our first time applying 😊 well done to all xx

Yay my pupil got offered exactly the same for Manchester 🥰

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LAJ01 said:

They we're live over a 10week course.  She really enjoyed that and has gained a place this year too so they clearly helped her.

Can I jump on, what do the zoom lessons consist of? I have a pupil who has been an associate for 4yrs but today had another pupil on swl and offered the online classes x

• Like 1

In my experience, the online JE programme was really great. The classes were small enough for individual corrections, and they had a really positive feeling. It somehow didn’t feel like a normal studio class that had had to turn to Zoom because of lockdown. We’re very pleased to have accepted the place last year. 

• Like 1

Anyone starting the JEP on zoom, can collect from the southwest, I still have available a lovely ballet barre. 
Open to offers ☺️

the barre” home ballet barre.

2 metres long, adjustable height. Cream coloured. Very sturdy and in excellent condition. Only used during holidays, barely though 🤣, and during lockdown. 
£130. Too heavy to post so for collection only. Cornwall/Devon  border. 
https://ibb.co/T1hpT4d
https://ibb.co/zPDq2JM
https://ibb.co/PCdyTYS

• Like 1

Hi 👋🏼 those who got SWL did your email say ‘junior engagement programme’ or ‘junior online associates’.  I’ve seen lots of mentions of JEP I’m just wondering if they are offering 2 different online programmes.  Last year we did JEP but this year it says ‘new junior online associates’ TIA.

55 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi 👋🏼 those who got SWL did your email say ‘junior engagement programme’ or ‘junior online associates’.  I’ve seen lots of mentions of JEP I’m just wondering if they are offering 2 different online programmes.  Last year we did JEP but this year it says ‘new junior online associates’ TIA.

I think they’ve just changed the name for this year!