RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

We are brand new to this. Feeling a bit terrified as we only entered on a bit of a “let’s just see” on the final day and got a yes for Y6 Eastleigh. I know nothing about ballet as my daughter is a gymnast really. Have we got in over our heads as she only does 45 mins of ballet a week and will she stick out like a sore thumb?! 🥴🥴🥴

• Like 2

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Noideaaboutballet said:

We are brand new to this. Feeling a bit terrified as we only entered on a bit of a “let’s just see” on the final day and got a yes for Y6 Eastleigh. I know nothing about ballet as my daughter is a gymnast really. Have we got in over our heads as she only does 45 mins of ballet a week and will she stick out like a sore thumb?! 🥴🥴🥴

Congratulations! It is a lovely scheme and they take them all back to basics so it isn't difficult. A lot about posture etc. So your daughter won't stand out...she obviously is showing a lot of potential which is what they are looking for. Best of luck xxx 

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Congratulations! It is a lovely scheme and they take them all back to basics so it isn't difficult. A lot about posture etc. So your daughter won't stand out...she obviously is showing a lot of potential which is what they are looking for. Best of luck xxx 

Thank you so much!x

6 hours ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi 👋🏼 those who got SWL did your email say ‘junior engagement programme’ or ‘junior online associates’.  I’ve seen lots of mentions of JEP I’m just wondering if they are offering 2 different online programmes.  Last year we did JEP but this year it says ‘new junior online associates’ TIA.

Yes ours said new online Junior Associates too. Does this mean they can call themselves JAs (albeit online ones) 😂

1 minute ago, BusyDancemum said:

Well I don’t see why not! Or even OJA’s 😆 😉

It is so lovely that they are doing this for wait list children so it isn't all or nothing. My daughter is actually really excited about the online classes. So pleased!

Huge congratulations to everyone who got yes or online. Xx

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

It is so lovely that they are doing this for wait list children so it isn't all or nothing. My daughter is actually really excited about the online classes. So pleased!

Huge congratulations to everyone who got yes or online. Xx

Yes it is.  My daughter did JEP last year and offered again this year. It was really good.  I wonder if it will be any different with them changing the name?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

My daughter really enjoyed the JEP last year. When I saw some JA’s posting on Instagram about their classes, their def seemed to similarities between what my daughter was doing and what they were doing. So I’m guessing it was a slightly modified class that was a bit shorter and obv every other week. 

Edited by Lily Craggs
Meant to be in reply to spam cat
  • Like 1

I thought it might be worth linking to this thread in case any of the new JA parents have any general questions. It was started a couple of years ago (and some things may have changed due to Covid of course) but could still be useful if anyone wants any advice on uniform/when to expect more information etc...

1 minute ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Thanks! Super helpful. My DD is so excited, she wants to know everything right now!

Any other London newbies want to create a group to intro ourselves and DCs before they start?

Yes please ! I know my daughter would love to have some familiar faces before she joins 

38 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I thought it might be worth linking to this thread in case any of the new JA parents have any general questions. It was started a couple of years ago (and some things may have changed due to Covid of course) but could still be useful if anyone wants any advice on uniform/when to expect more information etc...

Thanks i remember finding this last year and reading it. I will have another read. 

Any Leeds folk on here want to do our own group before we start? Including any who are already JA’s? 🤗

54 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Thanks! Super helpful. My DD is so excited, she wants to know everything right now!

Any other London newbies want to create a group to intro ourselves and DCs before they start?

Yes please we would love to!! Xx 

9 hours ago, Charlotte H said:

We are very grateful that my DD has a place in Manchester y6.

I know that we have to wait for dates but I think that the lessons are alternate Fridays & Sundays. Does anyone know what time they attend on Fridays (roughly). Is it during the school day? Any information gratefully received!

Hi I’ve had a pupil do JA I’m Manchester and it was in the mornings on a Friday. So yes she missed school. 
that was a couple of years ago as she’s now MA yr8 going into MA yr9 x

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlotte H said:

We are very grateful that my DD has a place in Manchester y6.

I know that we have to wait for dates but I think that the lessons are alternate Fridays & Sundays. Does anyone know what time they attend on Fridays (roughly). Is it during the school day? Any information gratefully received!

Hiya

when we were Manchester, yr4/5 were afternoon and yr6 was early morning both on Friday and Sunday!

Fridays we went to school for an hour before leaving (afternoon sessions) but the morning ssssions we generally missed the whole day as by time we got back she would have been in school 10 mins 🤣

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MissEmily said:

Does anyone know which day and what time Eastleigh Year 6s are at the moment? I know it's all likely to change, but having an idea would be helpful.

Eastleigh year 6 will be Saturdays 2:15-4:30 x

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Hiya

when we were Manchester, yr4/5 were afternoon and yr6 was early morning both on Friday and Sunday!

Fridays we went to school for an hour before leaving (afternoon sessions) but the morning ssssions we generally missed the whole day as by time we got back she would have been in school 10 mins 🤣

Thanks so much for this! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Hiya

Thanks for your reply! X

• Like 1

On 17/06/2021 at 09:20, Noideaaboutballet said:

Don’t worry they really do go back to basics and then build. My daughter joined in year 6 last year and has developed so much this year. They also only take them on at this stage if they are physically where they need them to be. 

• Like 1