RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

Well done everyone 😊 

I reckon there is a good chance that classes are being kept small again so another tricky year to apply. So many stories of noes turning into yeses down the years so don't give up trying if it's not good news.

• Like 2

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Balletdreamsgoon said:

From past experience with our DD never give up and keep trying 

Thankyou ❤️ looking back on her videos I understand why and she has improved so much just since march so will try again next year if she wants to 😊 xxx

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicolamcaree said:

Thankyou ❤️ looking back on her videos I understand why and she has improved so much just since march so will try again next year if she wants to 😊 xxx

We got a no too☹️For Leeds yr4 we will give it another go next year, it’s all great experience for them anyway. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to all Yes and SWL 🎉

It was a no for us (turns out the extra "external" view yesterday was from the YouTube Studio app so it was actually an accidental "internal" view from me 😆)

We might give it a go again next year when l've forgotten about the agonising wait for results - hopefully it will be in person auditions too.

Thanks for all the info and support on this forum!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicolamcaree said:

Congrats to all the yeses and SWL 🎉. I know SO many gorgeous dancers that are now at vocational school or with RBS Mids and Senior Associate places who never received a JA place - so if it was a no today - don’t give up 👍

• Like 4

A huge well done to everyone - it’s all good experience no matter what the result. They’ve all done so well.

And well done to all of us for the rearranging of furniture, the filming, the uploading, the refreshing and the waiting! I hope for those who are trying again next year that your children get to experience an in-person audition 🙂 

DS has got a Yes for Year 4 🙂 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, margarite said:

Congrats to all the yeses and SWL 🎉. I know SO many gorgeous dancers that are now at vocational school or with RBS Mids and Senior Associate places who never received a JA place - so if it was a no today - don’t give up 👍

Absolutely! We were a no year 4...swl year 6 but got in off that and off to elmhurst with a mids offer this year!  They change and improve so much when they are little. Congratulations all xxx 

• Like 3

Congratulations to all those who have an offer today 👏

And if you didn’t then don’t worry there are lots of fantastic opportunities out there 😀

I’ve just had a Facebook memory pop up from exactly 10 years ago today when Dd was offered a year 6 JA place. There had been 24 year 5 girls at the audition and they selected just 2. In the mixed age class there had been lots of girls who had completed all 3 years of JA training. Only 3, two boys and Dd went onto WL and Elmhurst and two of them started in year 6. Others went onto other vocational schools/training too ☺️ I think if Dd had done all 3 years of JAs she may have tired of it and in my opinion I think RBS get a bit bored. They like something shiny and new too. Dd enjoyed her JA and Elmhurst classes but I’m glad we only did the one year 😅 

Enjoy your happy children 👏🍾🥂

• Like 4

I wonder what the chances are of getting in off the SWL this year? I imagine if they gave out less places than normal there won't be much movement. Does anyone know when the deadline for accepting yeses is? Which I guess would be the last chance of any movement. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Deadline for accepting yes for London is 28 June. 🤞🤞

Oh not long then. I can't imagine many get I off the wait list but you never know!! 🤞🤞 The wait goes on 😂😂

36 minutes ago, DanceMumtoDd said:

SWL Manchester Yr 5 and Online programme, is this the JEP? Has anyone got any experience of the online classes from last year, how many do they normally take on zoom ?? 

Congratulations to everyone 🥳 xxx

My DD did this last year and loved it.  yes it's via zoom 

57 minutes ago, DanceMum83 said:

Out of interest how many times were your videos viewed? 
Ours only once about 3/4 of each video. I thought that was bad news. 
so I guess really can’t tell 

We had ours viewed once each, but only for less than a minute each so I thought we were a no. Was so surprised!!!

Huge congratulations to all the DDs and DSs whatever your results! This has been a crazy year and to have the perseverance to do video audition and keep on dancing is a great achievement in itself! Past experience with own DS shows that it's always worth trying again! Xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAJ01 said:

My DD did this last year and loved it.  yes it's via zoom 

Sorry for so many questions, were they pre recorded classes or were they live, I have heard that they were videos so just trying to see if they would be worth the money, thank you xxx